FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Fake Flashforwards

ma_liky

[1]Apr 26, 2010
    • level: 13

I was thinking about everybodys flashforwards, and some sound fake and some real. I was thinking this couse of what Frost told Mark in the last episode. Dont trust your FBI friends. Did he refer to only Janis, cause she is the only one we know for now that is working for the other side. But could there be some one else? I would like to hear what you think about some of them. Maybe we can make Mosaic of everybody's ff. Lets start.

Mark - In his ff he is drinking, and he is investigating the black out, and the possible new black out. He is on the phone with Lloyd talking about some formula and the possibility of another black out. This we know is truth cause Lloyd has confirmed it. The question is why is Mark alone when the men with masks came? No one of his friends and collages are there?

Demitri - He didnt see anything. Maybe he was supposed to be dead. But what if he wasnt? What if everything was staged? Zoye's first thought of her ff was that she was in the wedding. If it was a memorial why would she be in her wedding dress. I mean wouldent it be hard enough for her to say her last goodbyes and not to make it even harder on her self to put her wedding dress and walk down like she was getting married. I thing that if it was the memorial she would be sitting next to his mother and being sad.

Janis - She saw her self getting an ultrasound. But I think that this is fake, cause who gets an ultrasound at 10pm. You can get ultrasound at that our only if you are admitted in hospital and something is wrong. But as far as I remember it was just fine. So her ff sounds fake, but due to how personal it is noone sees it as a fake. But we know she is the mole.

Vedic - Hi is in the loo. My first reaction to that was I was laughing my a$$ of. And I still find it funny, but it can be both true and false. Going to the loo is the most natural thing in the world and it can happened any time, you can not control that, when you have to go you have to go. But as far we saw he wasnt in a hurry, he was relaxed and didnt seemed worried. Mark was in his office all stressed out. But like I said when you have to go you have to go.

Vogel - In his ff he was at Marks house telling some guy that mark is dead. We know this is truth cause Charley saw that too. But Mark clearly isnt dead jet. So why would he say hi is?

Lloyd - He was in bed with Olivia and on the phone with Mark. We know that that is truth cause Olivia and Mark have confirmed it.

Simeon - He was awake during the black out, and the one question is Why? He didnt know what was about to happen, he was surprised. But why was he awake?

So what do you think?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[2]Apr 26, 2010
    • level: 32
    ma_liky wrote:
    Simeon - He was awake during the black out, and the one question is Why? He didnt know what was about to happen, he was surprised. But why was he awake?
    So what do you think?
    Simon was awake because he was given a ring to put on by the mysterious organization he's apart of.

ma_liky

[3]Apr 26, 2010
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    ma_liky wrote:
    So what do you think?
    Simon was awake because he was given a ring to put on by the mysterious organization he's apart of.

Really I didnt know that, thank you so much.
    I didnt mean that, I meant why did they give him the ring at all. Why was he even awake, he didnt know what was about to happen, he was clearly surprised.

KingofIPirates

[4]Apr 26, 2010
    ma_liky wrote:

Really I didnt know that, thank you so much. I didnt mean that,
    Then say what you mean..
    ma_liky wrote:
    I meant why did they give him the ring at all. Why was he even awake, he didnt know what was about to happen, he was clearly surprised.
    He is involved in an organization that still has big plans for him apparently and they allowed him to witness this event so that he can realize the scope of what they're working with and contribute to the 'big picture'.

cinaos

[5]Apr 26, 2010
    • level: 6

All these flashforwards are what make the show so interesting.

I sometime wonder how Markis on the phone on his flashforward talkingto Lloyd, and then so soon he is dead in another person's flashforward.

Demetri's not seeing anything might still mean that he survived 3/15, but can not survive until 4/29. Is it possible that he died on his wedding day which he might push to 4/29? Good question about Zoey's wedding dress at the beach when the family seem to be in the funeral.

Is everyone's flashforward at the same time on 4/29, or maybe some few hours early or later? If Janis's is at 10pm, andMark's might be around 10pm, but Charlie's is at 11pm. This is why Charlie heard "Mark Benford is dead" when heis actually drinking in his office looking at the board an hour earlier. Not to mention, Zoey'sFF is at day timeat the beach.If it is really her wedding, or Demetri's funeral,is there a possibility that the funeral takes place in Korea? 10pm Pacific time would be about noon time inAsia.

Just a thought.

KingofIPirates

[6]Apr 26, 2010
    cinaos wrote:
    I sometime wonder how Markis on the phone on his flashforward talkingto Lloyd, and then so soon he is dead in another person's flashforward.
    The Flashforwards lasts for 2 minutes and 17 seconds so possibly Mark could've been shot at the 1:45 mark, then somebody who heard the shots fired, discovered the body at the 2:00 mark then called it in at the 2:04 mark. Though the short time constraints needed for this to happen makes this immediate confirmation rather dubious at best making it seem more likely that Vogel is in fact involved with the men sent to kill Mark and he received the call after they finished their mission.
    cinaos wrote:

Is everyone's flashforward at the same time on 4/29, or maybe some few hours early or later?
    Everyone's Flashforward occured at the same time in the future.

krinks

[7]Apr 27, 2010
    • level: 7
    cinaos wrote:

All these flashforwards are what make the show so interesting.

Actually, it is important to remember that all the flashforwads take place during exactly the same timeframe. Mark is NOT dead when Vogel says so. We know that Mark is actually in his office, drinking and about to be attacked by masked men (I presume they are Jericho). This means that either Vogel was lying to the man he was talking to, or he was saying it as if it was a certainty -- like saying "you're dead" to a person who you will kill shortly.

Interestingly, to me, when Charlie talked about her flashforward, it sounded like the man saying that Mark was dead was the head of Jericho, but in Vogel's flashforward, it was him saying it. Was that just my imagination, or was that some clever writing? Did anyone else notice this too?

CharlesTheBold

[8]Apr 28, 2010
    • level: 7

We don't KNOW that Janis is the mole. We only know that she wants Simon to think so. Remember that the two of them have been playing tricks on each other for some time.

As forthe odd timing for the ultrasound, maybe there's an innocentreason. For example, maybe Janis was injuredearlierin the evening and the doctors wanted to confirm that the baby was OK.

It seems to me that the wierdest FlashForward is Mark's, because he is the only one whose future self remembered having had a FlashForward. If you were Lloyd, Olivia, the FBI director, etc., wouldn't you think: "Hey this is the day I saw in the vision. I better not be doing something stupid when the moment comes up, like committing adultery or visiting the restroom. Maybe I can arrange to send myself a message in the past---"

ma_liky

[9]Apr 29, 2010
    I am not saying I am right. That's what I love about this show, we dont know. I just wanted to know what is your theorys about ff. So we could discuss them, not to be corrected on them, I am not trying to make you think as I do.
    I personally think that Janis is the mole (but maybe you are right), I dont think this just because of her ff I think she is the mole because no one we know told her to confront Simeon and she didnt tell anyone that she knows he is involved in this somehow. I mean, it is a big deal for the investigation if she knows someone is involved and she didnt say anything, that would mean that she is acting on her own. What if Simeon knew something about Demitri being kidnapped and she didnt say anything that would make her accomplice, wouldnt it? And I also think that there is maybe someone else too, but I can not point my finger just jet. We know that Simons ff is fake because we know he was awake. So what if somebody else is laying about ff too. It is a possibility. Frost told Mark that he shouldnt trust his FBI friends.
    Who ever did this did it for a reason. I too think that they should be aware of the date, that they should have note of the day. Will they think Deja vu? But no one can escape the choices they make. That is why some of the ff will come true and some not. If Mark decides he will not drink, then his ff will not be true completely something will be different, maybe the outcome. Maybe if he drinks he will be dead by the end of his ff, but what if he doesent drink, maybe he will live. We know that Marks ff helped him save Lloyd. And we see Olivia is getting more and more closer to Lloyd, but will she go all the way trough? I dont know. That is what is interesting about the show.

ma_liky

[10]May 5, 2010
    In the light of this past episode I stand corrected. Janis is not just a mole she is a double agent, and her ff is true. I really am glad that she is not just a mole it gives her character a deeper meaning, and I love it. I now feel sorry for her in some way, cause she is having a baby and she is a double agent and she has to kill Mark. That is so much for one person to take. But Janis is a strong girl and I love that.

But I have another theory now (cuckoo me), after watching last episode. And it is about Olivia and what Gabriel said. He said that she is very important to the whole thing. He said that in every ff that he had she was with Lloyd and not with Mark. Every possible outcome of her life she ends up with Lloyd, but not this one. And it made me think. This universe time-line is completely different than every other possible and it starts with Olivias choice to be with Mark. Way before she even met Lloyd. We know that she would met Lloyd if she went to Harvard, but when she decided to go with Mark to LA everything changed. And the future is not the same in this universe. So I think that ff would not come true if Olivia decides not to be with Lloyd, but will she do that I am not sure. I dont think she understand this at all. I dont think I do

mack10

[11]May 17, 2010
    • level: 3
    Mark wont die...are you guys serious? obviously its a ruse. Vogel (CIA) or whatever his name is is lying to whoever he said "Mark Benford is dead." to...either that or Vogel expects Janis to kill Mark and that is who is in the FBI building the day of the flash forwards...Vogel probably wants Mark dead but you don't kill the main character of the show in the first season...although i guess this is the last season now too...eff f'in ABC and their stupid decisions.

ma_liky

[12]May 18, 2010
    I agree with you, I dont thing Mark will die. I think it will be some kind of scam. That he will have a deal with Janis or Voghal or with both of them, to fool the organization that wants him dead. But now that they have the guy we know is the leader or the important one, maybe everything will be changed, or maybe the guys with the masks will come to the FBI building to rescue that guy (I forgot his name) and not to kill Mark.