FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Flashforward vs. V?

cinaos

[1]Apr 29, 2010
    • level: 6

It seems like ABC might keep "V." Although I find "Flashforward" much better than "V."

This reminds me about the time when Fox cancelled "Terminator: Sarah Conner Chronicles" and kept "Dollhouse." Only to see "Dollhouse" also got cancelled a season later. However, Fox let both shows stayed for 2 seasons.

Do you think they will only let "Flashforward" have 2 seasons if this show does go on?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ma_liky

[2]Apr 30, 2010
    • level: 13
    I didnt see V so I cant judge. But I love FlashForward and I truly hope it will stick for at least one more season cause there is so much material for next season. This show is very interesting and I love the characters, I really hope it will come back.

bcagen

[3]Apr 30, 2010

I've hated V since the pilot, and now I hate FlashForward.

Both shows suck. Neither show deserve to be renewed.

antdude

[4]Apr 30, 2010
    • level: 27
    I watched both shows and they are not that good like Lost.

exterminator25

[5]Apr 30, 2010

antdude wrote:

Barely any shows nowadays are as good as Lost. I prefer to judge shows in their own merit, not compare it to better shows.

In their own merit, V is terrible. Just further proof that remakes are rubbish ideas

Flashforward has it's ups and down, more ups than downs, but can just be plain boring.

Ultimately, FF is the better show

prison_lost

[6]Apr 30, 2010
    • level: 5

I've never seen V either, but I have watched Flashforward an' I love it!! Yes, I agree its not as good as lost, but honestly, it's pretty great!! So I really hope they keep Flashforward!!

ColdNova75

[7]Apr 30, 2010
    • level: 2

I was just thinking exactly the same thing about" Dollhouse" V "TSCC", but, I myself would prefur "V" to stay . "Flashforward" must be bad of any one think's V is better lol.....

Saying that I've watched both , and I hope" V" gets a chance to improve and develop. I just can't watch the main actor Joseph Finnes in "Flash Forward", he spoil's the show , I thought he was meant to be a good actor but he's like a block of wood. Also does anyone else think that he look's a bit like the lead singer from that crap(*imo lol) band Maroon 5 ?

[/QUOTE]

cinaos

[8]Apr 30, 2010

Just read an update on these two shows.For ABC, since it's the end of "Lost" so "Flashforward's" competitor is "V."

"Flashforward started quite well, and until the end of the first part, there were still 7 million viewers, but then it kept dropping when it returned in March. As for "V," it started better than "Flashforward" however every week, it seems to loss 1 million viewers, although there are still more viewers than "Flashforward" now when they are running in the same months.

I think they shouldkeep both shows for season 2, otherwise what will be on ABC?

HolyPenguin

[9]May 1, 2010
    • level: 12
    Flashforward started slow, but improved since the middle and is a great show right now, I really hope it won't get cancelled.
    V started good but very fast became worse and worse, and right now I kinda hate it, I think it should be cancelled.

About dollhouse vs TSCC, dollhouse season 1 was really bad, I was shocked they renewed it. season 2 was real great, but it was too late...
    TSCC has never been a really good show. I understand it got cancelled. I just miss summer.

So if you ask me I would vote to renew flashforward and dollhouse over their competitors.

KingofIPirates

[10]May 1, 2010
    • level: 32
    Flashforward while a pretty decent show is still lightyears ahead of the miserable excuse of a series V turned out to be.

DarthFreeza

[11]May 1, 2010
    • level: 23

When we get down to it, neither show is all that great.

I personally prefer "V" to "Flashfoward".
    If I had it my way I think that both shows should be renewed, they both have potential; but judging by both the decreasing ratings and the haters for both shows, I don't see both (or even one to be honest) of the shows to be renewed.

jedihiro

[12]May 1, 2010
    • level: 1

I personally have enjoyed both V and Flashforward. Though both shows do have there amazing moments, and weaker moments, I tend to like Flashforward a tad bit better. I watched just a small amount of the original V series, and the 2009 remake is almost completely different. I think that both shows should be allowed to grow though. If by Season 2 things do not get any better for both shows, then and only then should they be canned. I personally don't want another Surface.

Brodoin15

[13]May 4, 2010
    • level: 20

I think both shows should be given another season. Both are starting to get better, at least in my opinion, and to end either at season 1 would be a shame.

They should both get one more season and look for improvement before ending either show.

Granted, both have lost a fair amount of viewers, but there are surely shows that were around for several seasons with the same, if not less viewers on prime time.

Edited on 05/04/2010 2:21pm

slkrebs

[14]May 5, 2010
    • level: 5

I've watched both shows for a while, but while FlashForward does not always hit the spot, it at least made me want to know a bit more at the end of each episode. V on the other hand, when it came back, I watched on episode, the one after that I sat there ten minutes into it and thought, isn't there something I'd rather do than watch this รง%&/!? ? Well, there was, and is. Like doing the dishes, ironing shirts, water the plants. So, at least let FlashForward wrap up its story properly, if that takes another season, fine, but please, put V back in the box and ship it somewhere far, far away. :-)

enervator

[15]May 6, 2010
    • level: 38

I've been watching both shows, and while both have had their ups and downs, if I had to choose one it easily would be Flashforward. I thought it was a fascinating concept which unfortunately got off to a slow start, and the long mid-season break that started after only a handful of episodes didn't help. I think it's been much better since it returned, although I wonder how many viewers just lost interest during the time off and didn't come back. I love the idea of them having an end date out there of 2016, although I seriously doubt it will last that long, and may not even get to the second season. It just bothers me thinking that I've been watching and there's a good chance there's never going to be any real payoff. Still, at this point Flashforward is definitely something I look forward to seeing every week, just as I'm looking forward to tonight's episode very much.

V...I like, but still doesn't feel like must-see TV.

I really wish more shows like this would do what Lost did and just start the season later, in order to avoid that long drought of episodes. Even if a show is great, taking three months off right in the middle of it is going to cause most viewers to forget a lot, and not everyone is willing or able to rewatch the episodes right before it comes back on.

staind47

[16]May 6, 2010
    • level: 13
    V is awful. FlashForward isnt the best new thing, but hey at least it has potential. Keeps me somewhat interested.

EfrainCerrud

[17]May 6, 2010
    I watch both shows, and I can't complain about em

VConn

[18]May 6, 2010
    • level: 17

antdude wrote:

That is the very reason that FF probably WON'T get renewed - Ever since the concept of the show was first announced so much "This is the next LOST" has been heaped onto it it was as I've said before doomed before it even started because regardless of how good the show is on it's own(And it is very good) It was never given a fair chance because people were instantly comparing it to LOST without first giving it a chance to develop it's own fanbase.

I would love to see a second season for FF and V but the sad fact is ABC will probably do what FOX did with TTSCC and DOLLHOUSE - Renew one, Dump the other then dump the surviving show mid season anyway.

antdude

[19]May 7, 2010
    VConn wrote:

antdude wrote:

That is the very reason that FF probably WON'T get renewed - Ever since the concept of the show was first announced so much "This is the next LOST" has been heaped onto it it was as I've said before doomed before it even started because regardless of how good the show is on it's own(And it is very good) It was never given a fair chance because people were instantly comparing it to LOST without first giving it a chance to develop it's own fanbase.

I would love to see a second season for FF and V but the sad fact is ABC will probably do what FOX did with TTSCC and DOLLHOUSE - Renew one, Dump the other then dump the surviving show mid season anyway.

They just need to improve the shows, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

cinaos

[20]May 11, 2010

Looks like the Nielson rating, and # of viewers for V is better than Flashforward now.

Right now I see that everyone's flashforward comes true, and that could be the end of the show, unless they really do make season 2 for this.