FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

I just gave up on the show....

D-BorG

[1]Oct 29, 2009
    • level: 14
    It's episode six, and the show is getting more and more boring. The saddest thing is that i don't believe that the show will get better, so i'm just giving up on it. It had a good premise but they drowned it with narcoleptic storytelling. To all of you that are trying to hang on, good luck....
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Matthew229

[2]Oct 29, 2009
    • level: 7
    D-BorG wrote:
    It's episode six, and the show is getting more and more boring. The saddest thing is that i don't believe that the show will get better, so i'm just giving up on it. It had a good premise but they drowned it with narcoleptic storytelling. To all of you that are trying to hang on, good luck....

Ive actually found the opposite. At first I was a little skeptical about the show but its growing on me.

EJamison

[3]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 17
    It is a little slow but I still think it's the best new show this season.

NerdTV

[4]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 3

Matthew229 wrote:
    D-BorG wrote:
    Ive actually found the opposite. At first I was a little skeptical about the show but its growing on me.

I agree, this is one of the only shows on at the moment that has the capacity to keep me interested for a while. Just the right mix of drama and suspence that keeps me begging for answers!

shan73

[5]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 5
    I am losing interested in the show but as there are no other interesting shows at present, I will continue to watch!

jimman1

[6]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 4
    As long as they dont continue portraying Dominic`s charactor as a ladies man I`ll continue to watch. That was the most unbeleivable thing during the whole season so far.

Chaos_Zombie

[7]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 10

jimman1 wrote:
    As long as they dont continue portraying Dominic`s charactor as a ladies man I`ll continue to watch. That was the most unbeleivable thing during the whole season so far.

I don't think it was all that unbelievable. He seems to be sly and can probably manipulate people pretty well. We definitely need to see a lot more of him in future episodes. I know I'm getting tired of the character drama and want to find out more about the blackouts. Character Development is good but this is the 4th straight episode that's character heavy so now we need to start getting plot heavy.

DarthFreeza

[8]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 23
    It's a little slow and has problems holding my intrest at times but it's decent enough to keep watching.

KingofIPirates

[9]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 32
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    It's a little slow and has problems holding my intrest at times but it's decent enough to keep watching.
    I agree somewhat with this assessment.

ummhaniyyah

[10]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 8
    Chaos_Zombie wrote:

jimman1 wrote:

I don't think it was all that unbelievable. He seems to be sly and can probably manipulate people pretty well. We definitely need to see a lot more of him in future episodes. I know I'm getting tired of the character drama and want to find out more about the blackouts. Character Development is good but this is the 4th straight episode that's character heavy so now we need to start getting plot heavy.

The ladie's man thing wasn't unbelievable - though I did find it a painful way in which to 1) explain some quantum physics to us and 2) introduce the character as arrogant, dangerous, impulsive, etc.

What was unbelievable though was the set up - club, yes, Amrak, no. Are there any Amtrak trains that look like that? Are there blondes in cocktail dresses sitting around them. From what I remember Amtrak sleeper trains are packed with seniors seeing the country, not super attractive young singles. Though maybe in the context more people are deciding to take the train rather than fly - but...

ummhaniyyah

[11]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 8
    BTW, I'm loving the show. The rabbit hole gets deeper every day. I don't much care for the melodrama - but really like the suspense and mystery of the plot. Less baleful Olivia and Mark would be good.

ooominhooo

[12]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 11
    I'm going to continue watching because it's the best thing on tv right now.

jrosace92

[13]Oct 30, 2009
    shan73 wrote:
    I am losing interested in the show but as there are no other interesting shows at present, I will continue to watch!

This is the way i feel, it better pick up the pace. Unlike Lost, in this show i dont feel interested and im not itching to see the next episode every time i watch. With Lost, i really wanted to see what happened next

Chaos_Zombie

[14]Oct 30, 2009
    • level: 10

ummhaniyyah wrote:
    BTW, I'm loving the show. The rabbit hole gets deeper every day. I don't much care for the melodrama - but really like the suspense and mystery of the plot. Less baleful Olivia and Mark would be good.

Yeah, the questions are very interesting. I want more questions and more answers in every episode. In two of the other mythology heavy shows I love, Lost and Fringe, my favorite episodes are always the ones that deal with uncovering more mythology and raising more questions. My least favorite episodes are always the character drama centered ones that don't touch the mythology.

brain_9h

[15]Oct 30, 2009
    Excellent episode. For me the series is growing and the scene when olivia get's home to find this husband and her other man was brilliant. Very well written, acted and specially directed. Few scenes on TV or in the movies achieve so much with so few dialog.

I think the mistery part is well handled, every episode we are getting more and more on the it.

I just hope this series story don't go crazy like lost did after 1st season.

mimisc2009

[16]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 9
    EJamison wrote:
    It is a little slow but I still think it's the best new show this season.

I also agree with this. People should just give it a chance.

phallica

[17]Nov 5, 2009
    I agree, it's only 6 episodes in, for crying out loud, give it a chance.

giggs92

[18]Nov 5, 2009
    I'm enjoying it more than I expected and love Joseph Fiennes; how these Brits do such great accents is beyond me. It is a little slow at times but I'm still interested.
    Edited on 11/05/2009 11:57am

AprilFox

[19]Nov 5, 2009
    • level: 109

Secrets, treachery, and diabolical schemes don't just happen overnight, sometimes you have to peel away layers of miss information to get to the bottom of the real problem. For me it's like a puzzle (I happen to like puzzles) and mystery. The other stuff would be too predictable and it's best to leave you thinking about what is really happening IMO. Sorry you don't like it. Especially with Dominic now in the picture.

Dominic Monahan FlashForward

steveuk2010

[20]Nov 5, 2009

i can see why giving up on it as attimes can be to slow advancing the story for my liking but going to keep watching as i think its improving hopefully its just teething problems as as we get into season 1 well get it advanced at a quicker pace.

I think FF biggest problem was ABC advetised it as the new lost which it isnt and its not the writers/producers fault abc decided to go that root.