FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

I just gave up on the show....

  • Avatar of ummhaniyyah

    ummhaniyyah

    [41]Dec 15, 2009
    • member since: 09/18/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 186
    II_Seraphim_II wrote:

    The show is pretty dodgey, and to be honest, before I saw the preview for the 2010 episodes, I was ready to give up on the show. The problem is the characters and the acting. The main character is atrocious, and he isn't helped at all by the piss poor dialog. And then comes the actually writers. They are terrible writers with great ideas. You can tell they have some good ideas of where to take the story, but they are unable to show them to us in a compelling manner. I think they should hire new writers and keep the current ones as creative directors or something.

    The only characters I actually like are Bryce and Nichole and Janis. I like Bryce because the actor is great, and he brings some believability to his character. I like Nichole because she is Cute, and generally I nice person. I like Janis because....I dunno why, I just do

    Charlie (from LOST) annoyed me in Lost and he annoys me in this show. Penelope (from LOST) I loved her in LOST but in this show she is sort of annoying...As I mentioned, the main character can't act worth crap, and his lines are "Chloe Sullivan" levels of cringe worthy. Did I mention he can't act? As for Dimitri his acting isn't great or terrible, he just is.

    I guess that technically Mark is the main character - but I pretty much look at this as an ensemble show. I agree that Mark's character isn't strong so for me I'm more interested in Weddick, Demetri, Zoe, Janice, Olivia (when she isn't whining), Aaron (when he isn't whining), the young doctor at the hospital, and the Mysterious Persian woman (Nahda, I think).

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of II_Seraphim_II

    II_Seraphim_II

    [42]Mar 26, 2010
    • member since: 12/13/07
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 106
    ummhaniyyah wrote:
    II_Seraphim_II wrote:

    The show is pretty dodgey, and to be honest, before I saw the preview for the 2010 episodes, I was ready to give up on the show. The problem is the characters and the acting. The main character is atrocious, and he isn't helped at all by the piss poor dialog. And then comes the actually writers. They are terrible writers with great ideas. You can tell they have some good ideas of where to take the story, but they are unable to show them to us in a compelling manner. I think they should hire new writers and keep the current ones as creative directors or something.

    The only characters I actually like are Bryce and Nichole and Janis. I like Bryce because the actor is great, and he brings some believability to his character. I like Nichole because she is Cute, and generally I nice person. I like Janis because....I dunno why, I just do

    Charlie (from LOST) annoyed me in Lost and he annoys me in this show. Penelope (from LOST) I loved her in LOST but in this show she is sort of annoying...As I mentioned, the main character can't act worth crap, and his lines are "Chloe Sullivan" levels of cringe worthy. Did I mention he can't act? As for Dimitri his acting isn't great or terrible, he just is.

    I guess that technically Mark is the main character - but I pretty much look at this as an ensemble show. I agree that Mark's character isn't strong so for me I'm more interested in Weddick, Demetri, Zoe, Janice, Olivia (when she isn't whining), Aaron (when he isn't whining), the young doctor at the hospital, and the Mysterious Persian woman (Nahda, I think).


    I love the actress who plays Nhadra Udaya aka the Persian woman (Shohreh Aghdashloo). She is top notch! Oh well, you know this show is dying when I gotta respond to posts from 2009
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of shan73

    shan73

    [43]Mar 29, 2010
    • member since: 03/16/09
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 264
    The show came back with loads of answers! what does it prove?
    It is the same as before...not interesting!
    The show has been compared to LOST before it aired and people's expectations were too high. Now FF is not showing the potential of LOST and I have lost interest in it!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ma_liky

    ma_liky

    [44]Mar 29, 2010
    • member since: 10/29/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 568
    II_Seraphim_II wrote:
    ummhaniyyah wrote:
    II_Seraphim_II wrote:

    The show is pretty dodgey, and to be honest, before I saw the preview for the 2010 episodes, I was ready to give up on the show. The problem is the characters and the acting. The main character is atrocious, and he isn't helped at all by the piss poor dialog. And then comes the actually writers. They are terrible writers with great ideas. You can tell they have some good ideas of where to take the story, but they are unable to show them to us in a compelling manner. I think they should hire new writers and keep the current ones as creative directors or something.

    The only characters I actually like are Bryce and Nichole and Janis. I like Bryce because the actor is great, and he brings some believability to his character. I like Nichole because she is Cute, and generally I nice person. I like Janis because....I dunno why, I just do

    Charlie (from LOST) annoyed me in Lost and he annoys me in this show. Penelope (from LOST) I loved her in LOST but in this show she is sort of annoying...As I mentioned, the main character can't act worth crap, and his lines are "Chloe Sullivan" levels of cringe worthy. Did I mention he can't act? As for Dimitri his acting isn't great or terrible, he just is.

    I guess that technically Mark is the main character - but I pretty much look at this as an ensemble show. I agree that Mark's character isn't strong so for me I'm more interested in Weddick, Demetri, Zoe, Janice, Olivia (when she isn't whining), Aaron (when he isn't whining), the young doctor at the hospital, and the Mysterious Persian woman (Nahda, I think).


    I love the actress who plays Nhadra Udaya aka the Persian woman (Shohreh Aghdashloo). She is top notch! Oh well, you know this show is dying when I gotta respond to posts from 2009

    2009 was not long ago, and this show just got back. And why is it dying, cause some Lost fans doesent like it?
    This show is awesome, and I dont care what the "Lost fans" are saying. Cause for all know, they would rather watch the show about people lost on a island, and I dont find that interesting at all, then an intelligent show with great story. So their opinion doesent do anything for me, than that I dont wanna watch Lost ever.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of 2451

    2451

    [45]Mar 29, 2010
    • member since: 04/06/06
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 41

    I have to disagree with you. I have to agrtee however with the furst four responese about what you say. Itis alittle slow buyt it dose keep in in because the way the plots are written and all the smaller plots inside the story as well.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ma_liky

    ma_liky

    [46]Mar 31, 2010
    • member since: 10/29/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 568
    Whatever dude.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of prison_lost

    prison_lost

    [47]Mar 31, 2010
    • member since: 06/10/07
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 128

    I actually got bored after watching the first 10 episodes of the season and it reaally felt like it wasn't going anywhere, but since it came back it got much better, the episodes seem to get us somewhere, it's really really getting more and more exciting with each episode! Still not comparable to Lost in my opinion, but it's definitely going somewhere!!



    And we're all gonna need something after Lost ends, right...? So I'd rather not give up just yet :d

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of firlefanz10

    firlefanz10

    [48]Apr 3, 2010
    • member since: 04/03/10
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 47

    *ROFL* Of course FF isn't comparable to LOST!
    LOST is a "we're making it all up as we go along because we don't have a clue where we're getting at ourselves, but we're pulling some weird yet totally unrelated stuff every now and then to keep people hooked" show whereas the writers of FF obviously know EXACTLY where they're getting at.
    I mean: Don't get me wrong, I like watching LOST too. But it's so full of plotholes and rabbit out of the hat stuff, it makes my toe nails roll upwards. And obviously I'm not the only one thinking this way. Otherwise they would not have been forced to wrap it up in the current season.
    I agree that the FF story could be bit more condensed and that it has some really bad dialogue writing and acting. But as opposed to LOST it's delivering answers and connecting parts of the puzzle even at the early stages of the show.
    And the fact that I'm into quantum physics, string theory and other parts of "exotic physics" myself only plays a minor part in my liking the show better than LOST.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CampbellTate

    CampbellTate

    [49]Apr 3, 2010
    • member since: 04/03/10
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 1

    Please stop feeling the need to compare Flash Forward to Lost! They're not alike. Sure there are little similarities but they're two different shows with different paths. I personally couldn't get into Lost. It felt like it was going nowhere early on. I actually don't see how anyone can think FF is even remotely boring. The 2 hour return episode dig drag a bit, but it answered so many questions! Am I watching something different from everyone else? This show is great! The only issue I have is that I can agree the dialogue is predictable and borderline corny at times but overall this show is amazing. Did you see "Better Angels"????

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of steffi_totti

    steffi_totti

    [50]Apr 7, 2010
    • member since: 09/14/06
    • level: 9
    • rank: Door Number 2
    • posts: 921
    As a personal rule of thumb, when a show is not painfully boring, I make a point to give it at least a half season before I decide. It works with 30 Rock, Chuck, Arrested Development, LOST, didn't work with Fringe or True Blood, but you get the gist. I gave FF 3 or 4 episodes and I got hooked. Not my top 5 shows, but it's a decent show and John Cho is pretty awesome. Agrees about it being corny, but a scifi show with characters who are about to save the world or die trying... I expected that.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of InvasionFanbOy

    InvasionFanbOy

    [51]Apr 8, 2010
    • member since: 01/04/09
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 179

    its official flashforward have changed name to crapforward.... i tryed to watch the new episode what a waste of time, this show is just riddicules and a disdain to the whole genre called sci-fi... never again am i going to watch this crapfest.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of firlefanz10

    firlefanz10

    [52]Apr 9, 2010
    • member since: 04/03/10
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 47

    Noone forces you to watch it.


    Btw. those are my thoughts exactly concerning Stargate: Universe ...

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of InvasionFanbOy

    InvasionFanbOy

    [53]Apr 9, 2010
    • member since: 01/04/09
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 179

    i am interested in sci-fi, so ofcourse i gotta watch it, and when people praise this show to hell and back for its goodness. i want to see what all the fuzz are about. i also always give a show a second chance to see if it just was a slow start or it have improved later on. but in this case crapforward havent, it is a stinker.


    btw i 100% agree with you about stargate universe, its a stinker to... its bold and the beautiful on steroids..

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of CharlesTheBold

    CharlesTheBold

    [54]Apr 13, 2010
    • member since: 06/07/05
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 412

    InvasionFanbOy wrote:


    i am interested in sci-fi, so ofcourse i gotta watch it, and when people praise this show to hell and back for its goodness. i want to see what all the fuzz are about. i also always give a show a second chance to see if it just was a slow start or it have improved later on. but in this case crapforward havent, it is a stinker.


    btw i 100% agree with you about stargate universe, its a stinker to... its bold and the beautiful on steroids..



    You need to explain why you dislike it. Calling something a stinker et al conveys no information.



    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ma_liky

    ma_liky

    [56]Apr 15, 2010
    • member since: 10/29/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 568
    InvasionFanbOy wrote:

    i am interested in sci-fi, so ofcourse i gotta watch it, and when people praise this show to hell and back for its goodness. i want to see what all the fuzz are about. i also always give a show a second chance to see if it just was a slow start or it have improved later on. but in this case crapforward havent, it is a stinker.


    btw i 100% agree with you about stargate universe, its a stinker to... its bold and the beautiful on steroids..


    And how old are you?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of cinaos

    cinaos

    [57]Apr 16, 2010
    • member since: 10/02/08
    • level: 6
    • rank: Small Wonder
    • posts: 38
    I think the show is getting better. It's starting to be a real crime story. That's the way to go.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.