We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Is one season worth it?

jaroman382

[1]May 15, 2010
    • level: 3

Now that we know there will be no more FF, how do you think this season stands on it's own? I stopped watching after the mid season break with the intention of catching up later if the show got renewed. It didn't, but I'm considering finishing it anyway. What do you guys have to say about the quality of season one knowing much of it will be left up in the air? I don't need opinions on acting, dialouge, etc... just story. Thanks

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kbelliveau

[2]May 15, 2010
    • level: 10

FF may be the one show that has a super awesome one season run, because even the show runners cannot deny all along that there was a possibility of not coming back and knowing this they must have prepared an ending that will atleast bring some closure to those who were loyal and stayed with the show until its all too soon cancellation. As we know they can even go back and re-edit a whole new ending which is what Brian Fuller did with Pushing Daisies when he learned of his departure from the airwaves.

Erekle_var_ra

[3]May 15, 2010
    • level: 8

yes damn it is worth it except one detail "The End 2016" if we don't count that, yes it does!!!

cinaos

[4]May 16, 2010
    • level: 6

If that's what it is, one season about a lot of things going through is definitely very worth it.

saucelover

[5]May 18, 2010
    • level: 1
    Yeah, it is.
    Recently, i picked up Flash Forward again, and it is so exciting.
    I was so glued to what was going on there!
    =) I hope flash forward can do it.
    AWESOME OKAY!

HolyPenguin

[6]May 18, 2010
    • level: 12
    FF became so amazing after the mid-season, way way better than before it. It's definitely worth it. But if you are worried (like all of us) it will end with a huge cliffhanger, you may prefer to wait till it's over and get a better answer then.

aercy18

[7]May 20, 2010
    • level: 1
    Exactly guys!!! FlashForward is way better than V but V stays & FF gets the boot...Just don't get it!!! How come TRP so high for V yet low for FF?? I guess FF is too brainy for the V lovers.

erzueco

[8]May 25, 2010
    • level: 5

FF will only be 1 season but so far they are making the most of it. Im sure there will be a good closure on it. I just wonder if it weren´t for the best that they cancelled the show after 1 season cuz i really dont see prolonging it futher or it will loose its magic of the flashforward.

fistofkhonshu

[9]May 27, 2010
    • level: 4

On story only? Buy the book; the show was crap.

tjaman

[10]Jun 7, 2010
    • level: 32
    I thought it was a complete story, more or less. I mean, they might have wished to rethink the ending. It would've been perfectly valid to use the information from the last FF to cancel out the next one -- especially given the naff basis for it (two protons knocking into each other, even at high speeds, is essentially the mass of a helium atom -- or, in theory, higher, as speeds approach that of light. But even so, do whatever it likes, that collision probably won't make 6 billion people pass out for any length of time and see the future).

Jacks_Son

[11]Jun 8, 2010
    • level: 13

aercy18 wrote:
    Exactly guys!!! FlashForward is way better than V but V stays & FF gets the boot...Just don't get it!!! How come TRP so high for V yet low for FF?? I guess FF is too brainy for the V lovers.

What does "V" have to do with "FlashFoward"? Other than the fact that they were both on ABC, "FlashForward" shot its own self in the foot. Look at the rating here on TV.com. No episode received higher than an 8.0 except the pilot. That means FF viewers rated it poorly. Your claim that FF is too brainy for the V lovers is baseless.

Lunatikatt

[12]Jun 8, 2010
    • level: 8
    i had to watch something now that lost is over...
    so i got FF and finished it all in about 2 weeks
    its not like the most amazing show but it was definitely better
    than many others on tv its so bad that they cancel shows that have great potential
    and leave us just with one part of a bigger story...
    but well...
    at least it had an ok ending (which i just watched)
    but it did leave a lot of loose ends

tjaman

[13]Jun 8, 2010
    Jacks_Son wrote:

aercy18 wrote:

What does "V" have to do with "FlashFoward"? Other than the fact that they were both on ABC, "FlashForward" shot its own self in the foot. Look at the rating here on TV.com. No episode received higher than an 8.0 except the pilot. That means FF viewers rated it poorly. Your claim that FF is too brainy for the V lovers is baseless.

TV.com ratings don't have skite to do with skite. Buncha shows get rated 1.0 or 10.0 before they even freeqin' air.

Jacks_Son

[14]Jun 9, 2010

tjaman wrote:
    Jacks_Son wrote:

aercy18 wrote:

TV.com ratings don't have skite to do with skite. Buncha shows get rated 1.0 or 10.0 before they even freeqin' air.

How would YOU rate FF out of 10? TV Critics.org consistently rated each episode in the 40-55 range out of 100.

The OP posed the question, "Is one season worth it?". I say, see for yourself.

******** SPOILERS TO THE ORIGINAL POSTER **********

For me, FF started off very strongly, but gradually became twisted in its own complexity. The acting was okay for the most part, except for a few characters, Joseph Fiennes . The plot became bogged down in too much drama. It was as if the show runners didn't know if they wanted to make a drama with a sci fi element, or a sci fi show that had some drama. Eventually, the show unraveled, IMHO. The way they handled Janis' character was immature by the writers. Her lesbianism became too cliche. Demitri and Zoey had zero chemistry and so did Mark and Olivia. In fact that whole Mark, Olivia, and Lloyd triangle made no sense. The writing was at times, horrible. Mark yelling, "Yahtzee!" and Janis mentioning, "the whole pen1s thing" was again immature by the writers. Mark solving that whole message by following the moves of a chess game was WAY too convoluted. Lloyd and Simon announcing to the world that they were responsible for the deaths of millions of people???!!! I think the writers came up with a brilliant premise for a pilot, but couldn't figure out where to go from there. I'm not here to bash the show, so forgive me if I irritate anyone. The OP posed the question, "Is one season worth it?". I say, see for yourself

Edited on 06/09/2010 10:37am

Adokensan

[15]Jun 10, 2010
    • level: 10

It's a great show! Really interesting, the second half of the first season was the best!

tjaman

[16]Jun 10, 2010
    I gave it a 9.0. Overall it has received an 8.1. Again, these are self-selected responses, which is not legitimate because there's no way of knowing what the motivation is behind a self-selected response -- particularly one made before an episode even airs.

Jacks_Son

[17]Jun 11, 2010

tjaman wrote:
    I gave it a 9.0. Overall it has received an 8.1. Again, these are self-selected responses, which is not legitimate because there's no way of knowing what the motivation is behind a self-selected response -- particularly one made before an episode even airs.

9.0 our of 10?????? Wow, That's extremely generous. I'm not even sure the writers would rate it that highly.

tjaman

[18]Jun 13, 2010
    I. Liked. It. It was speculative, different, the story had a little bit of everything, and except for the fact that the LHC couldn't possibly have done that and Gaius Balthar was getting really grating by the end, it was a wild, interesting, philosophical ride and surely worth one season. >_>

elias_jacobson

[19]Jul 12, 2011
    • level: 5
    This season on his own is still great! Wish it could have had a second season!