FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Julius Caesar-Dimitri Comparison

flashbackward

[1]Oct 11, 2009
    • level: 1
    The agent who called Dimitri said that he would die on March 15th, 2010. This date is also the Ides of March, which is when Julius Caesar died. Caesar was betrayed by his men. Assuming that Dimitri is part of the group that made the blackouts occur, maybe he'll be betrayed and killed by the Agent Zero or D. Gibbons on that day. Or maybe Mark finds out that Dimitri is part of the group and kills Dimitri, betraying their friendship.

Also, the reason the writers chose April 29th as the day of the flashforwards is because April 29th is a Thursday and so the episode can be aired on that day. However, March 15th is on a Monday. The writers could've chosen March 18th as the date of Dimitri's death in order to air it, but they chose the 15th instead. Could mean that there's some significance to the date.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

JonStryker

[2]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 12
    I guess that is 100% coincidence. There's nothing that makes Demetri comparable to Caesar. You possibly find a famous death for every single day of the year. No offense.
    Edited on 10/14/2009 12:13am

Chaos_Zombie

[3]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 10
    Yeah, this is an interesting theory but I doubt there's anything to it. Probably just coincidence. Not only that but I still don't think he has anything to do with the blackouts or the bad guys.

KingofIPirates

[4]Oct 13, 2009
    • level: 32
    JonStryker wrote:
    I guess that is 100% coincidence. There's nothing that makes Demetri comparable to Caesar. You possibly find a famous dearh for every single day of the year. No offense.
    Agreed. Seems that he/she is looking a bit too much into it.

mimisc2009

[5]Oct 14, 2009
    • level: 9
    Very interesting theory and I like the idea of Dimitri being one of the people who caused the blackouts.
    Edited on 10/14/2009 5:45am

TidalWaveRider

[6]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 2

KingofIPirates wrote:
    JonStryker wrote:
    I guess that is 100% coincidence. There's nothing that makes Demetri comparable to Caesar. You possibly find a famous dearh for every single day of the year. No offense.
    Agreed. Seems that he/she is looking a bit too much into it.

Agreed, he's way off. I, on the other hand, have unlocked the secret behind March 15th. It was the day President Andrew Jackson-- America's 7th President and former general in the US army-- entered the War of 1812. Demetri is quite comparable to Andrew Jackson, since they were both well meaning idiots with bad tempers. So... if you think Demetri is Julius Caesar, you're looking too much into it.

flashbackward

[7]Oct 15, 2009
    • level: 1

I'm not suggesting that he is Julius Caesar, just that his death could be similar to Caesar's. Caesar was betrayed by his own people, maybe Dimitri's death comes about the same way. Mark could uncover evidence that Dimitri helped cause the blackout in some way and Mark ends up killing him.