FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Leading character

fejsbok

[1]Nov 5, 2009
    • level: 2
    I find Mark Benford played by Joseph Fiennes very boring. Benford or should I say Fiennes only show one facial expression. It's like lookng at a picture everytime he is in view. My point is, was Fiennes the right choice for portating Benford?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mimisc2009

[2]Nov 5, 2009
    • level: 9
    fejsbok wrote:
    I find Mark Benford played by Joseph Fiennes very boring. Benford or should I say Fiennes only show one facial expression. It's like lookng at a picture everytime he is in view. My point is, was Fiennes the right choice for portating Benford?

Totally agree with you on the facial expression. You can never really tell if he want's to smile or cry or anything.

Kathy282

[3]Nov 5, 2009
    • level: 1

100% agree on this one! I feel less connected to him then the other characters (Demitri, Janis, Olivia and even Lloyd) in this serie.. Can't be good for a leading character!

bashfulbadger

[4]Nov 5, 2009
    • level: 2

Oh yes, I have to agree. And it's not a nice expression either – it's like he's suffering from chronic constipation or something. He has this permanent deep frown. Couple this with behaviour not unlike a petulant sixth-former and it's no wonder we don't find him very appealing.