FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

LOL what's goin on with the Episodes rating

XxXMafiaMXxX

[1]Apr 27, 2010
    • level: 6

The last episode got solid 9.4 yesterday then suddnly in less than 24 hours it drops back to 7.5 ??

it deserved that rating or maybe more

something fishy is going on related to this show's rating i guess.. every episode gets a good score every week only to drop back to 7th and 6th after 4 days of its original airing date

im not whining or anything but its sad to see such good effort wasted for what i assume a (fake Rating) or maybe im the one of the few who wants this show to coninue i guess

sorry for my bad english but i felt like i needed to say this

thanks

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[2]Apr 27, 2010
    • level: 32
    Ratings are generally skewed on this site, on occassion you can vote before the episode airs making it even more unreliable.

prison_lost

[3]Apr 27, 2010
    • level: 5

No I totally agree with you, and I really really want it to continue, especially with Lost ending I really hope they don't cancel it so I'll have something to watch (

But I don't think the ratings on TV.com are really relied on for making the decisions of canceling a show or not, or at least I hope so...!!

KingofIPirates

[4]Apr 27, 2010
    • level: 32
    No they're not they go by the Nielson ratings.

cinaos

[5]Apr 27, 2010

I was surprised too. I thought it was one of the best episodes. I am really hoping it won't be cancelled after the first season only.

In Flashforward's wikipedia, it showed the # of viewers is at 6.75 million. I think starting from the first episode until now, the average should be still over 8 million. I am really not sure how they rate this.

CharlesTheBold

[6]Apr 28, 2010
    • level: 7

I think the rating system is messed up. I remember last fall there was a "5.0" rating for an episode that hadn't even been broadcast. If that bogus number stayed in and was figured into the averages, then it would be skewing the average rating downward. That may not be the only bug, either.

ma_liky

[7]Apr 29, 2010
    • level: 13
    I think that there are people who dont like the show so they come and give the smallest marks so the ep rating would be small.

Camadiel

[8]Apr 29, 2010
    Yeah there's a ton of people who just run around voting 1 for every show they watched and didn't like. Lost has a ton of them too, but it has a ton of really loyal fans too that keep the ratings realistic. The problem here is not enough people watch/like Flashforward.

Though to be completely honest, I find those rankings accurate. I've never seen an episode of this show I'd rate over a 6 or 7. Most are in the 5.5-6 territory.

Merlin4421

[9]May 6, 2010
    • level: 7

KingofIPirates wrote:
    No they're not they go by the Nielson ratings.

Which is a horrid system and we need a new way to measure ratings imo.

"There are only 25,000 total American households that participate in the Nielsen daily metered system. The number of U.S. television households as of 2009 is 114,500,000. As a result, the total number of Nielsen homes only amounts to 0.02183% of the total American television households, meaning that 99.97817% of American households have no input at all into what is actually being watched. Compounding matters is the fact that of the sample data that is collected, advertisers will not pay for time shifted (recorded for replay at a different time) programs rendering the 'raw' numbers useless."

antdude

[10]May 7, 2010
    • level: 27
    Camadiel wrote:
    Yeah there's a ton of people who just run around voting 1 for every show they watched and didn't like. Lost has a ton of them too, but it has a ton of really loyal fans too that keep the ratings realistic. The problem here is not enough people watch/like Flashforward.

Though to be completely honest, I find those rankings accurate. I've never seen an episode of this show I'd rate over a 6 or 7. Most are in the 5.5-6 territory.
    That is why we all need to rate the episodes.