FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Official Cancellation Thread: Flash Forward canceled

torrijos

[21]May 14, 2010
    • level: 16
    To be honest I found both shows to be subpar but lately at least flashfroward had a few good moments while V remains a mess. But still way too cliche. Too bad that James Callis is going to have to find another show to put everybody else to shame.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

YvesClaeys0

[22]May 14, 2010
    • level: 7
    damm sad ... :-(

jcrboy

[23]May 14, 2010
    • level: 5
    This is quite disappointing. I found this series right before it died. I saw the ads on tv, but they weren't interesting enough to grab my attention. It took a friend saying "you don't know what you're missing" to get me to watch it. Just started watching last week, got all caught up yesterday in time for the new episode (which was awesome)... and.... cancelled.

Why bother watching anything until it reaches season 4?

enervator

[24]May 15, 2010
    • level: 38

jcrboy wrote:
    Why bother watching anything until it reaches season 4?

Unfortunately, whether the networks intended it or not, every time they do this they convince more and more people that they shouldn't even bother watching a new show, but rather wait until it gets to a second season or at least a guaranteed renewal. And of course, the more people who do this, the more it guarantees that there won't be enough viewership to justify renewal. Sometimes I wonder if the networks sabotage their own 9more expensive) shows to justify putting more cheap reality fare on. I know it'll never happen, but it'd be nice if there were some type of guarantee that a network will stay committed to a show and let however many viewers it has get some type of closure.

I think another problem is that a lot of people just don't have the patience to sit through shows like this in which a long-term story unfolds a little at a time. I remember the first season of Lost when it seemed like everyone was obsessed with that show, but by the second season a lot of viewers had turned away, complaining that they should have just told us what everything meant already.

And I'm not sure the V fans have much to celebrate. Another half-season worth of episodes isn't exactly a vote of confidence. Plus it's almost certainly going to cause a repeat of them running just a small handful of them, followed by a three-month break. Personally I think the half-seasons should just start in January or February and let them run straight through. I don't know why they think these long breaks are good.

fabtrick

[25]May 15, 2010
    • level: 2

ABC just keeps pissing me off. FF, Better Off Ted - they don't know a good show when they make one. I've decided I'm not watching ANYTHING on ABC any more.

Kevnay777

[26]May 15, 2010
    • level: 8

Man I love Flashfoward, one of my favorite shows. I do agree that their are somethings wrong with it but V is even worse. They only kept V because it had slightly better ratings but thats just because its right after Lost and people are like "why not I'll watch this too". Flashfoward is going to end as a cliffhanger though, look at the last episode its called Future shock. Obviously thats going to generate into a second season. Its a shame really that ABC decided to cancel it. I mean their biggest show Lost is ending, they don't have much shows left, why not keep a show like flashfoward around? At least their not a mess like NBC.

kbelliveau

[27]May 15, 2010
    • level: 10

ABC is the worst network on television yet each season they bring a new show that has some promise only for it to fail. There is not much watching on ABC anymore, the good shows are alll on CBS.

InvasionFanbOy

[28]May 15, 2010

i told you this months ago its going to be cancelled, no suprise here... flashforward wasnt going anywhere... i bet next show up for cancellation are caprisa and stargare universe..

avaloncraven

[29]May 15, 2010
    • level: 3

This is lame. They made show a way things develop very slow. So what did they expect ? If you create-aired a slow show, you have to support it without worrying about reytings until a certain point-which is things gets faster and wievers caught by it.

You can not create a long term show and expect shor term results...

Shikady

[30]May 15, 2010
    • level: 13
    I knew this was going to happen so I didn't bother to watch the show.

I don't get why are you blaming ABC...rating sucks, it's not their fault, the writters didn't knew how to make the show appealing and the viewers left.

And V have better ratings than FF. In the end it's all about the numbers.
    Edited on 05/15/2010 12:48pm

haldrey

[31]May 15, 2010
    • level: 22

Shame on ABC. The show was gaining good momentum and good audience, even with the way it had been treated by the network. When a new show is started it is because they saw potential in it but if treated badly there is no way it can develop properly. So many dreadful and horrible shows are renewed season after season and the good ones axed, maybe it is time to switch from TV shows to movies, period.

Edited on 05/15/2010 3:45pm

sn8kez

[32]May 15, 2010
    • level: 1

Hi all i have been a member and a user of this site since it was tvtome.com this is the first time i have posted about any tv show but i belive that this show ending is a terrible idea, it has just started to develop into what iam sure everyone wanted it to from the very first epsiode.

In my opinion a show like this needs the first season to build a future story line and a background for the characters to evolve into.

I really hope any network picks it up for a second season .

Sn8kez

InvasionFanbOy

[33]May 16, 2010

haldrey wrote:

Shame on ABC. The show was gaining good momentum and good audience, even with the way it had been treated by the network.

pinch yourself and wake up... it never got any what so ever momentum and it had really no audience, thats the truth. the show was bad and got cancelled.

steffi_totti

[34]May 16, 2010
    • level: 9
    I really like FF and it does have potential. You would think with the big promotion prior to this season, they would give it a chance to grow on viewers, instead of starting from scratch on a new show. This just makes me want to fly to the US and personally slap the network executives for their fantastically stupid business moves. Thankfully, I don't need to boycott any network (ABC, NBC, potato potato), I'll just watch whatever I want and not contribute to the rating, although I heard that only selected American viewers count for AC Nielsen ratings and those people exclusively watch reality shows? The concept is just as questionable imo.

antdude

[35]May 16, 2010
    • level: 27
    I noticed Heroes got canceled too, but it will have a closure with a mini-movie. Why can't ABC do that for FF?

KingofIPirates

[36]May 16, 2010
    • level: 32
    They're not that generous.

eastvangirl

[37]May 16, 2010
    • level: 3
    NBC, ABC..potato patato..funny lol

Paranoimia

[38]May 16, 2010
    • level: 6

I get sick of US networks doing this year after year, show after show. I've lost count of the number of decent shows cancelled over the years. From way back with Dark Skies and American Gothic, through Farscape, and up to Sarah Connor Chronicles and now FlashForward.

With a handful, they'll do something to finish it off like a mini-series or TV movie, but then everything feels rushed and unfinished. Yet they still release them on DVD/Blu-ray and expect the public to buy them. It's like selling books without the final few chapters.

Personally, I no longer buy the box sets of any TV shows until I know they've been finished properly. I'd urge everyone else to do the same; otherwise, we're effectively rewarding the companies for short-changing us.

Bytor65

[39]May 16, 2010
    • level: 6
    I really liked the pilot for this show. I wrote up a review here when it first hit the air, calling it my favorite SciFi on TV.

But I guess like a lot of people it wore thin on me.

I think the main leads (Mark/Olivia Benford) were a poor choice. The "love" triangle between and Loyd was grating, there was ZERO chemistry between any of the three. Limp dishrags all of them.

The only characters that had any Spark were Simon and recently Gabriel. So no surprise that the ratings tanked and it is cancelled. The main story had potential, but weak characters and tedious love triagnles dragged it down...

poulters

[40]May 17, 2010
    • level: 18

I hope at least they give it a two hour finish so we know what happened and why. I hate when they just end a series with no conlusion