FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Official Cancellation Thread: Flash Forward canceled

GreenRichard

[41]May 17, 2010
    • level: 7

I'm not certain that Flash Forward had a second season in it. Where else could they have gone with the story without dragging it out to the nth degree. Shame however, if it is not concluded in the final episode. I do agree with previous posts. Based on the number of decent shows that have been cancelled after one season or before a proper conclusion, there is no point in watching a TV show until it has gone at least two seasons. However, if everyone did that - the ratings would be even worse and shows would either not get made or get canned after a few episodes. Maybe that would focus the minds of the TV execs.

Edited on 05/17/2010 5:08am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

ma_liky

[42]May 17, 2010
    • level: 13
    sn8kez wrote:

Hi all i have been a member and a user of this site since it was tvtome.com this is the first time i have posted about any tv show but i belive that this show ending is a terrible idea, it has just started to develop into what iam sure everyone wanted it to from the very first epsiode.

In my opinion a show like this needs the first season to build a future story line and a background for the characters to evolve into.

I really hope any network picks it up for a second season .

Sn8kez

I completely agree with you. FF has so many stories to tell jet. And I too think that in committing to a show you have to have a good background and good characters. And you need time to build them, and FF had done that, it had built their characters and story very good for the next season and they had a great story for this one, It is a very good plan they did. But they didnt count on cancellation, It Is a Shame. If it is possible to be picked up by other network it would be great, but I doubt that.

antdude

[43]May 17, 2010
    • level: 27
    poulters wrote:

I hope at least they give it a two hour finish so we know what happened and why. I hate when they just end a series with no conlusion

It's too late for that though. I assume the final episodes were already filmed before being axed unless the writers knew about in advance.

Chuck had a sort of closure with last season just in case.

soccer23123

[44]May 17, 2010
    • level: 12

I hate this. They shouldve cancelled V instead of Flashfoward. FF was way much better then V. Oh well now.We just have to wait and see what happens.

paoros16

[45]May 17, 2010
    • level: 16

its a good show but their wasnt enough to keep it interesting after the original blackout

krinks

[46]May 18, 2010
    • level: 7

enervator wrote:

I think another problem is that a lot of people just don't have the patience to sit through shows like this in which a long-term story unfolds a little at a time. I remember the first season of Lost when it seemed like everyone was obsessed with that show, but by the second season a lot of viewers had turned away, complaining that they should have just told us what everything meant already.

This is a good point, and an unfortunate one. Personally, I prefer serial television and a longer story. I loved shows like Babylon 5, Damages, The Shield, 24 and Lost, which tell extended stories. This gets me much more invested in the characters, and the story lines can be much more intricate and involved. I like my share of stand-alone episodic series, but it's just not ultimately as satisfying. I always look forward to the story arcs that last more than one or two episodes. It's unfortunate that they've cancelled the show, as with so many good ones in the past (Jericho, Firefly, Carnivale, etc.), but we just have to hope that Flashforward can wrap itself up reasonably well in the remaining episodes. We'll all just have to look for a new show to watch...

dh4645

[47]May 18, 2010
    • level: 15

damn it. i am not starting to watch ANY new shows. they keep canceling the good ones and renewing **** reality shows.

it started with firefly back in the day, then surface, and now FF with plenty in between.

IT'S JUST A WASTE OF TIME ANYMORE!

psychoangel6382

[48]May 18, 2010
    • level: 4

Woah, ABC cancelled 3 brilliant programs, that include Betty, Eastwick and Flashforward. And 1 is going to end, hopefully with grace... so, what's left with ABC? I think the company will be dead given the circumstances, hopefully in a couple of years! They better replace those execs who make decisions on these programs.

KingofIPirates

[49]May 18, 2010
    • level: 32
    Completely agree, ABC has become a joke; I doubt I'll keep watching their programming once Lost's done.

anthonylb

[50]May 18, 2010
    • level: 1

There is no reason to watch network shows any longer. That's the message of this forum. Will the Network executives get this message? No, because they don't care about it. They don't care about your investment of your time in their show. They don't care about whether the show has quality, integrity or meaning. They just want to sell detergent. And they won't connect the dots to see how many people they are losing, and how much ill will they are creating, by actions which disrespect their customers and their art. Because they just want to sell detergent. With Netflix, Hulu, youtube, Revision3, Blip.tv and all the similar offerings available, we can all easily find other entertainment. At the very least, we needn't even bother with a show that doesn't have two or three seasons already completed. How many shows have you started, investing hours and hours of your time, only to have the whole story arc rendered meaningless by an abrupt cancellation after a few episodes? How many more times will you do that?

The music industry used to have a strangle hold on the content we had to consume. This was wrested away from them as new media pathways made other choices available. They didn't even see it coming and their profits plummeted. They same thing is happening to the Networks now and they don't see it either. Because they are just focused on selling detergent. Good luck with that.

Once we leave network television, they may find it's not possible to draw us back again. I'm certainly not interested.

Plonked

[51]May 19, 2010
    • level: 16

Oh I am so cranky right now. I cant believe they did this. Come'on why couldnt they give them another season because of the suffing around they gave them over the olymics airing.

dh4645

[52]May 19, 2010
    • level: 15
    i 100% agree. i'm just gonna wait until shows have a season or 2 under their belt and rent them from netflix....or i probably wont even care about them and not watch network shows once they cancel the rest of the ones i watch that are barely holding on. ridiculous!!

anthonylb wrote:

There is no reason to watch network shows any longer. That's the message of this forum. Will the Network executives get this message? No, because they don't care about it. They don't care about your investment of your time in their show. They don't care about whether the show has quality, integrity or meaning. They just want to sell detergent. And they won't connect the dots to see how many people they are losing, and how much ill will they are creating, by actions which disrespect their customers and their art. Because they just want to sell detergent. With Netflix, Hulu, youtube, Revision3, Blip.tv and all the similar offerings available, we can all easily find other entertainment. At the very least, we needn't even bother with a show that doesn't have two or three seasons already completed. How many shows have you started, investing hours and hours of your time, only to have the whole story arc rendered meaningless by an abrupt cancellation after a few episodes? How many more times will you do that?

The music industry used to have a strangle hold on the content we had to consume. This was wrested away from them as new media pathways made other choices available. They didn't even see it coming and their profits plummeted. They same thing is happening to the Networks now and they don't see it either. Because they are just focused on selling detergent. Good luck with that.

Once we leave network television, they may find it's not possible to draw us back again. I'm certainly not interested.

KargorX

[53]May 19, 2010
    • level: 3

It's the usual thing. "Developing too slowly" is what you get when you try to tell an actual story --- TV executives, on the other hand, want to watch a random episode, and if they don't get what's going on then that's it.

I prefer TV shows over movies anytime --- they can do much better in the storytelling department, develop the characters, explore things. Too bad the masters of the red axes don't see them this way :-( A good show getting the chance to tell its ending --- it's a rare event. I think FlashForward would have had an ending; the story so far doesn't strike me as one that could be "dragged on" forever.

And no, it won't be "wrapped up nicely" in the last episode. It wasn't written for just 1 season, so it will either be the cliffhanger as the usual season-ending, or it will be a terrible ending that tries to "wrap up" things in completely ridiculous ways. I mean, sorry --- does anyone really believe the bad guy is just the bad guy, now he's in custody so everything is ok?

arseblog

[54]May 19, 2010
    • level: 11
    I'm really starting to lose all interest in TV shows because of this bs. Seriously who would axe FF and leave garbage like V. I'm starting to think those wielding the axe are not human but bots that base their decisions on some broken algorithm. It is bad enough that they killed TSCC and left Dollhouse which was also canceled shortly after. Same thing will definitely happen with V. What does one look forward to now ? A 9th season of smallville (enough pliz), a 1000th season of CSI (eh), Human Target (meh), Cougar Town (meh)..

rflem16

[55]May 19, 2010

I did not see this happening in my Flash Forward!

rflem16

[56]May 19, 2010

This is why I've always said, ABC stands for Another Bad Choice.

arseblog

[57]May 19, 2010
    • level: 11
    They should not even be telling us it wont be returning before the season is over. Now I don't feel like tuning in to watch the remaining episodes. *sigh*

miss_wierd

[58]May 20, 2010

InvasionFanbOy wrote:

haldrey wrote:

Shame on ABC. The show was gaining good momentum and good audience, even with the way it had been treated by the network.

pinch yourself and wake up... it never got any what so ever momentum and it had really no audience, thats the truth. the show was bad and got cancelled.

You may thought the show was bad but I didn't.

miss_wierd

[59]May 20, 2010

rflem16 wrote:

I did not see this happening in my Flash Forward!

ROFL! Me neither! What did YOU see?

simpleC44

[60]May 21, 2010
    • level: 4

Ugh. So ridiculous. I enjoyed this show a lot.