FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Official Cancellation Thread: Flash Forward canceled

JonathanDesRos

[61]May 21, 2010
    • level: 7

Wow today flashforward is rank 16 on the top 20 shows. WHY THE **** is it getting cancel ! Man i love this show. It was so original.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

AlexWeinberg

[62]May 22, 2010
    • level: 2

Some people have said earlier that V is a crap show; I don't fully agree with that. I mean, don't get me wrong, it was bad before the winter Olympics, but now it's actually ok. I wouldn't say it's better than FF, but it's still better than half+ of the reality TV shows out there, and it deserves some place in the network.

That being said, I do hope that FF either ends with a bang and no loose ends to tie up (though they probably filmed this episode a while back so if they DID originally plan for a 2nd season and then get cancelled, there will be a cliffy, and it will suck), or that the execs have a crisis of faith and reorder FF. But that's just me.

ElenaLopez

[63]May 22, 2010
    • level: 3

This is such a GREAT show at the end of every episode I want more, the cancellation is a shame. it sucks

antdude

[64]May 23, 2010
    • level: 27
    I watched my recording, and it was OK. I find it amusing for the preview to say season finale. Uh, it's series!

sremnes

[65]May 23, 2010
    • level: 16

Hopefully the creators has seen this coming and written a decent ending, not an open one, or worse a cliffhanger one.

JonathanDesRos

[66]May 23, 2010

Wow its now rank #5.

tjaman

[67]May 24, 2010
    • level: 32
    It's a great show but they lost me when they involved the LHC. Two protons schmackin' into each other isn't going to have this kind of effect -- unless you're one of those people who also thought it might destroy the planet, then 20 million deaths was less cataclysmic, yes. >_> But as speculative fiction goes, it was hardly the worst I've seen. I'm going to miss it.

Stephen2021

[68]May 24, 2010
    what's the hell !!!

are they wanna us to never watch any new series again or something, they make a new series we watch and like-it then they cancel it or let us watching for 6 years like LOST then they end it with too bad finale

i hate that :@

user602

[69]May 25, 2010
    • level: 1
    i can`t believe they are canceling it ,it was great

JanineJuez

[70]May 25, 2010

We loved that show!!! It`s a shame! After Lost we found a new FlashForward-Mania!!!Bring it back!!!!! Greetings from Germany

mark40511

[71]May 26, 2010

UMMM OK

I have 4 episodes on my dvr I haven't watched yet! This is EXACTLY why I didn't start watching HAPPY TOWN. I saw the previews, it looked good, but I said (NO WAY, ABC WILL CANCEL IT) and they DID! I mean, why freaking bother starting a series? I mean, really??........From now on, I'm just going to WAIT and let a show become a success and just watch reruns of it......Hear that ABC? I seriously think that's ONE of the reasons why a lot of these new shows don't get watched like the networks would want, people know they will be canceled in the blink of an eye, so why bother? IN addition to that, I still think the ratings system is WHACKED.....I think these shows get viewed much more than they think.

jvann67

[72]May 26, 2010
    • level: 6

I've noticed awful trend among the networks lately.They put a new show on TV, run 4-6 episodes on then take it off for two months. Two months passes, then they start airing it again and cancel it two or three weeks in because of poor ratings.Well DUUUHHH! Every time they do this, the show is doomed to fail. The audience looses track of or interest in the show. I don't have enough room to list the shows I have followed that have ended due to this idiotic practice. This angers me to no end. I am 100% positive I could do a better job running any of the networks than their current executives.

SupremeLegate

[73]May 27, 2010
    • level: 13
    Well that was a nice SEASON finally; sadly it was forced into being a SERIES finally. So once again those of us who actually like intelligent TV get screwed by never knowing what would have happened.

But hay, at least we know who the American Idol is and who Thinks They Can Dance.

I wonder if we will get lucky and those in charge of the show will post something to let us know, like what was done with Traveler or Defying Gravity. Which, interestingly enough, were also ABC shows.

AlexWeinberg

[74]May 27, 2010
    K so my thoughts on the finale: WHAT THE HELL!! We will NEVER know if Mark lived or not (I assume he did because Charlie says something about "They found him" in her flashforward"), we will NEVER know what happens to Hellenger and his men, we will NEVER know the fruition of ANY of those awesome flashforwards we saw in the blackout sequence.

ABC is REALLY starting to piss me off...

enervator

[75]May 27, 2010
    • level: 38

Wonderful. So just as I feared, they really did nothing to wrap up this series, and instead ended on a cliffhanger, and a major one at that. That second flash-forward is really quite something, since from what I could see it looks like not everyone is seeing the same date or even year. And, of course, nothing will ever come of any of this. Nice.

I know there are some petitions floating around to bring this back for a second season, but just don't see it happening. Since they really pushed this as Lost's successor, I can't help but wonder why they didn't put it on Tuesday nights and use that show as its lead-in. Maybe it would have helped, maybe not. We'll never know.

MoonMarvel

[76]May 28, 2010
    • level: 5
    I am really annoyed, such a great ending and now we will never know. Why do Americans prefer to watch bad reality shows over good ones? Lets push for this to be picked up by at least another network.

xH8MACHINEx

[77]May 28, 2010
    • level: 3

So many good series got canceled lately, it's getting ridiculous. Flash Forward put the last nail on the TV coffin. First thing i did this morning was canceling my cable subs. Why pay for TV when they cancel everything descent. Time to switch to FTA TV.

TorSverreLund

[78]May 28, 2010

I'm seriously pissed the managed to axe this show. Yet another great whan dumped on by the incomepent network execs. I'm never gonna watch another ABC show, as that's obviously what they want. Let's bring on yet another idiotic reality show instead. *sigh*

Merlin4421

[79]May 28, 2010

I should have learned back when firefly was cancelled, but I keep idiotically watching new shows! Man after that finale and no more

MamboManic

[80]May 28, 2010

I loved this show, including the season finale. It was nice to see how the writers made everything fall into place at the end. I'm glad I watched the season even though I want to see more. I don't understand people who say that they liked the show so much that they wish they never watched it. All shows get canceled eventually.

They threw some teasers in the last minute to hook us into next season. A lot of people are pissed that those loose ends will never get closed on TV, but it is all based on the book. I'm interested enough in the characters that I'll buy the book if it's available in iPad or Kindle format.