FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Official Cancellation Thread: Flash Forward canceled

MaximusInvictus

[81]May 28, 2010
    • level: 1
    Great cast, great plot, great acting. ABC GET LOST!!!!! V is a poor remake of the original series. Please... This bozos (networks) ruined Firefly, Surface, Jericho and now FlashForward. I am furious with this cancellation. Greetings from Europe.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

copygeek

[82]May 29, 2010
    • level: 13

MamboManic wrote:

They threw some teasers in the last minute to hook us into next season. A lot of people are pissed that those loose ends will never get closed on TV, but it is all based on the book. I'm interested enough in the characters that I'll buy the book if it's available in iPad or Kindle format.

I'll probably read the book, as well. However, the book is VERY different from the series. The book takes place over many years, and focuses more on the scientists responsible for the FlashForwards rather than the FBI. In fact, I'm not positive if there is a conspiracy within the book. From what I've read and been told about, the book is much more sci-fi focused and examines more of how people might behave if they knew what their futures were going to be.

BurningTopaz

[83]May 29, 2010

Thats just sad. Just when it was getting good

crownwood

[84]May 29, 2010
    • level: 6
    I'm gutted - I have loved the show from day one.

sianwadey

[85]May 29, 2010
    • level: 9
    No! It was a great show! And no doubt, the last episode will leave LOTS of unanswered questions. If they hadn't taken it off air over xmas, then I believe it wouldn't have lost as many viewers as it did.

bobski71

[86]May 29, 2010
    Hell no! After losing it's way it really came good in the last few episodes, so it's a real shame we won't get to see what happens next.

tommyGolf32

[87]May 29, 2010
    • level: 4

This is a HUGE wrong decision Abc has come up to. The series is simply amazing and just can't believe they are trying to axe the show. What is the matter with you and all the ratings you bother to watch....Don't you get it that there are people who just don't give a damn about the rating and only want to have quality shows... First you cancel Defying Gravity, another fantastic show that was missing from tv and now you cancel Flash forward....I'm speechless....every progressive idea that was in a tv-series now ends just because you think you don't have the appropriate ratings...If you think this is the suitable decision I'd advise you all to change your jobs cause you have no idea what you are doing..... KEEP THE SHOW FOR MANY SEASONS..... DON'T KILL IT......

Merlin4421

[88]May 29, 2010
    • level: 7

MaximusInvictus wrote:
    Great cast, great plot, great acting. ABC GET LOST!!!!! V is a poor remake of the original series. Please... This bozos (networks) ruined Firefly, Surface, Jericho and now FlashForward. I am furious with this cancellation. Greetings from Europe.

I agree totally but just to clarify fox ruined firefly so ABC and FOX both suck.

SOFANIELAS

[89]May 30, 2010
    • level: 5
    No. It was a good show however i can see why one season was enough. It would o' been better if it they contiued though, the narrative could have really developed.

Fluffybun99

[90]May 30, 2010
    no it should never be cancelled i really likes this show

fbwsol

[91]May 30, 2010

Yet another show with decent potential cancelled before its time.

I have a general rule: watch nothing until it's well into its second season. I broke this rule on a friend's recommendation and, until I found out this evening that the show has actually been scrubbed, had no idea it wasn't going to make it.

Sure, it wasn't perfect, even a little frustrating at times, but what show's first season isn't? (usually..)

I doubt that anyone's plea to continue this will be heard: at best, we can hope the show will be picked up by another network sometime in the future, but that's not a comforting hope to cling to.

So from now i'll really, really stick to my rule... promise ;>

RIP FlashForward: i've ordered the book just to get a little closure...

woodpigeon66

[92]May 30, 2010
    I started watching it from the pilot, but I fell out of love with it because of it's extrmely weak dialogue. It didn't deserve to be cancelled though, and I'm now almost scared of getting into new shows because they'll most likely just be cancelled and I'll have to deal with losing the characters again. "Numb3rs" was the only loss that affected me this year, and I'll be very upset about that for a long time. "FlashForward" had potential.

SantiagoAlmiron

[93]May 30, 2010
    of course not, the show had a clear course and a very interesting story. sad to see it go.

ag17ape

[94]May 31, 2010
    • level: 6
    It's stupid that terrible shows on weak networks get renewed while promising shows of good networks get cancelled.
    RIP FlashForward

nmr6

[95]May 31, 2010

The show was one of the best shows to date, and the episodes always ended on a certain cliffhanger wanting the viewers to watch the next (alot like how Lost started off), and the finale was amazing -- and ended with a cliffhanger which made sure that it would return for season two...And now they decide to cancel it!!? What the heck!? Don't these networks realise the viewing ratings and the way it ended would ensure another great viewing season nxt time? It makes no sense to cancel such a show then leave the **** shows still airing...

MichaelLuff0

[96]May 31, 2010
    • level: 5

I cant beleive they are cancelling it. It might of been a bit slow starting but so was 24 and thats in its 8th series. Also if they are not doing another one, they could of hada bitless of acliff hanging ening.

dif_frent

[97]Jun 1, 2010
    • level: 10

A few days ago in first, today in second, FlashForward is still holding up high in the tv.com's top 20 shows. I wonder if that makes ABC decision makers wonder. With the end of "Lost" they have a unique oportunity to take over. And with what else if not with FlashForward?

DonCalva

[98]Jun 1, 2010
    Message from France : THAT SUX ! FF was a fantastic show, i can't believe ABC won't make a season 2. I'm pissed of cancelled shows. I just hope they'll give us 1 or 2 TV movie to end the story.

cr1sty

[99]Jun 2, 2010

The will do like they did with Firefly,so they wont have to continue the series they will make a movie to ended!

cr1sty

[100]Jun 2, 2010
    It just hit me...FF series are cursed*Firefly=FF,FlashForward=FF..do u see the pattern?)