FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Official Cancellation Thread: Flash Forward canceled

RossMartell

[101]Jun 2, 2010
    • level: 1

fbwsol wrote:

Yet another show with decent potential cancelled before its time.

I have a general rule: watch nothing until it's well into its second season.

LOL. It's funny to see someone else has this rule. I think this is actually creating a self fulfilling prophecy. Networks keep yanking shows off after one season. People stop watching the first season of new shows because they're afraid they'll get into them and then the show will get cancelled. So first seasons of new shows get bad ratings. So networks yank the shows off after one season. And repeat....!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

BurningTopaz

[102]Jun 3, 2010
    RossMartell wrote:

fbwsol wrote:

Yet another show with decent potential cancelled before its time.

I have a general rule: watch nothing until it's well into its second season.

LOL. It's funny to see someone else has this rule. I think this is actually creating a self fulfilling prophecy. Networks keep yanking shows off after one season. People stop watching the first season of new shows because they're afraid they'll get into them and then the show will get cancelled. So first seasons of new shows get bad ratings. So networks yank the shows off after one season. And repeat....!

How True. Its so annoying

ma_liky

[103]Jun 4, 2010
    • level: 13
    I must be the only one to have seen the date at the ending of the last episode. I saw on the piece of paper date 14. March 2011. Is it maybe a day of a comeback? Mid season next year, that would be so cool. Did anybody see the date?

spudda32

[104]Jun 4, 2010
    • level: 7

ma_liky wrote:
    I must be the only one to have seen the date at the ending of the last episode. I saw on the piece of paper date 14. March 2011. Is it maybe a day of a comeback? Mid season next year, that would be so cool. Did anybody see the date?

I saw the date but it is unlikely to be relevant because by the time the show's cancellation was announced it had already wrapped production.

I assume they were optimistic of a second season but the show's network nixed that idea.

I am shattered, especially after seeing the season finale episode.

nesainas

[105]Jun 4, 2010
    • level: 5

coudnt say better! sad but true! its kind of ridiculous canceling a show like this!

nesainas

[106]Jun 4, 2010
    yeah, that date was right there. i didnt get that flashforward. was that suposed to be charlie or what?

ma_liky

[107]Jun 5, 2010
    • level: 13
    I don't know, my first thought was that it will be back mid season next year, cause there was another date happy new year 2015. Why would there be 2 dates in ff, until now they all had the same date in their ff? Maybe it will come back, but maybe we will never know.

Signal2Noise

[108]Jun 5, 2010

Sign the petition!

http://www.petitiononline.com/mod_perl/signed.cgi?jj209981&1

Hamzie

[109]Jun 7, 2010
    • level: 9
    Fans of FlashForward plan to stage a blackout to protest the show's recent cancelation.

Members of a FlashForward fan group will gather in front of ABC offices in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Detroit and Atlanta on June 10. They are to mimic falling unconscious for two minutes and 17 seconds, just as in the programme's pilot episode.

Overseas supporters will join in the protest in London.

The group, which started the website PreventTheBlackout, has also shipped 20,000 "friendship bracelets", an item seen on the show, to the president of ABC.

ABC canceled FlashForward in May.

bdancer99

[110]Jun 7, 2010
    • level: 11

i thought that the story line and the plot for the show was a good idea, but i can see how people could start to lose interest because, there are only so many flashforwards people can have, before things start becoming repetitive and boring, but still, i love the show and wish they hadn't cancelled it

Simpuhl

[111]Jun 11, 2010
    • level: 6
    Awesome show, I hate when good shows get canceled but there are so many other stupid shows on the air. Couldn't they change switch what time the show came on? Play it at 3 am if you have to.

bdancer99

[112]Jun 11, 2010

i'm so mad they cancelled it!

Skevast

[113]Jun 16, 2010
    • level: 8

Now that Lost is over with a ridiculous ending people should protest with another sort of blackout. They should erease ABC from their TV or atleast not watch anything new from them. If people won't watch any first seasons at all is the best revange in the world. It would be great if they pay millions for a pilot and they get only 1-2 thousand viewers altogether and so on.

They should know that people have done this for 4-5 years already since almost everything gets cancelled after only one season. They would have doubled their wievers if they promised from The beggining "Pilot" that the viewers will get a resolution no matter what. The most of my friends wait until a show gets renowed before they even watch the pilot. However they started cancelling shows after 2 seasons aswell and even then with a cliffhanger. People aren't stupid, fool me once shame on you , fool me twice shame on me.

Who would read a book if you knew the final chapters were gone and the book would end before you get any conclusion. CSI style shows are ok to watch like this since every episode has a conclusion and you find out who killed who in the end of every episode. I really thought Flash forward would get renewed since it was very popular abroad. I didn't watch V since people who saw it said it wasn't as god as the original from the 80's, I thought I wait for Season 3 or something. I got royally scrued once more.

From now on I only watch old series ala MacGyver, I have only seen the first Season, have some Seasons of Babylon Five, Some of the Star Trek Seasons and I believe I have like 3 Seasons of Andromeda left.

The only Chanel I belive in is SyFy and it's very remotely, I still need to wait for second Season to be sure. Stargate Got a conclusion and they are still making Atlantis movies, I believe I heard about another SG1 Movie also. Stargate Universe got a second Season no matter bad ratings, I heard it's more Drama then SciFi however who can resist a show with a conclusion? there aren't many even a bad show with an ending is better then a great show without. I will buy the SGU Blu Ray this summer before season 2 airs.

The TV execs are morrons, they have given us cliffhanger ending to 85% of the shows the last 10 years and they still think it doesn't hurt the ratings. A show like Flash Forwards would have trippled it's ratings if people would know they get an ending, there's been an axe in the air since episode 3 witch didn't help, 7 out of 10 people I asked if they watch FF Aswered they would wait for season 2 and maybe then. However most of the networks learned by now that many people are easyer to cheat if they get a second season, some try to do that by splitting the seasons, other don't really care at all, however it's why more and more Seasons are going to be 12 episodes. So people buy the 12 episode Blu Ray and belive they are in the clear when they watch episode 1 of the second season witch really is just episode 13 of the first. The only 13 episode Seasons you can trust are the ones from HBO or Showtime. every other network is trying to fool us with 13 episode Seasons.

They get less viewers everytime they fool us, if we started with this 10 years earlier they would have learned their lesson by now, we wouldn't get either Lost or Heroes since they would also been cancelled after the first seasons since people would have been more carefull with first Seasons and those 2 shows were very popuöar in the first season. Knowing how Lost and heroes ended I would gladely sacrafice them both just to be able to kick those execs in the ass.

I am fairly certain no Season 1 show will ever get past the 4 million viewer line again. I would prefer less however there are many morron viewers still who belive they will get a conclusion even after a show is cancelled and the sets are transformed to fire wood. we have alot of years infront of us of shows that will end after the first season.

Never again without conclusion. Every show that ended with a cliffhanger I would like to unwatch if it was possible. The best would be if I could get that time back because it's minutes that have been stolen from me, from my life. However I would have been satisfied if there was a machine that could make me forget that I ever watched it. I feel bad not knowing, I am telling myself it's only tv but it never helps. If we could bet if a show get's axed or not it would be like 10:1 and we still watch it knowing we never get a resolution. It's seems people are glutton for punishment.

I say never never never never again........

ayershov

[114]Jun 29, 2010

agree.

nillycamp

[115]Jul 12, 2010
    • level: 4

That is the worst thing ive ever heard, Its one of the best shows to come on tv for a while and they should at least of got another season out of it the story and characters were both good. im sad to see it go

lou25

[116]Jul 13, 2010

I can't believe this has been cancelled i thought it was really starting to take off and it's such a shame that yet again the networks have axed another tv series before even giving it a real chance the worst thing about it is it was left on such a cliffhanger and i hate not knowing what happens next i think that if a tv show gets cancelled then the series should get a chance to wrap up the series with a few more episodes for the sake of those viewers out there just like me that really can't handle not knowing what happens next

sremnes

[117]Jul 16, 2010
    • level: 18

Lets hope they make a conclusion of the show on the dvd ?I mean the dvd should come with a warning that this has no ending, if it doesnt. I also hope they post a no ending warning on the box set of Lost season 6. I think that was just as bad, you watch 6 seasons, and then they just screw you, and say nothing was real.

bdancer99

[118]Jul 19, 2010

i'm missing it so much

orophite

[119]Aug 16, 2010
    • level: 3
    Don't know about you guys but I wait for a show's season to completely finish now, than I check if the show has been cancelled ... if it has I don't bother watching it and discard.

To hell with getting screwed over like this anymore.

Whisky1981

[120]Aug 27, 2010

Oh my god. I cant believe this anymore. Everything that is of value gets cancelled....damn you capitalist bastards... I am sure that you are going to replace this with a reality show. Wait I have an idea ABC, why dont you raise cucumbers for the whole 22 episodes season and then shove them up your arses? Isnt that a good idea? I am sure that you are gonna get 300 million pepole watch the last episode. F****n idiots!!!

Edited on 08/27/2010 5:15pm