TV.com will be making some changes to our user base starting Feb 25, 2015. For more information click here

FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread: 137 Sekuden (Spoilers)

Sirius452

[1]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 10

Thoughts? Theories? Complaints?

A decent episode I thought. The crows I found the most interesting. Are they suggesting that the crows flashed too, fell out of the sky and died? And why crows and not other birds and mammals?

And what was that the little boy saw in the sky? My tv was going fuzzy at the time.

I also missed alot of the conversation with the guy in prison. I heard something about kaballah being involved. That's Tom Cruise's religion or whatever isn't it? Wouldn't have expected that one.

Lastly, are all the familiar faces getting to anyone else?

Edited on 10/08/2009 7:21pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jrosace92

[2]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 7
    I honestly thought this episode was disappointing after the first two episodes which were great. It really didn't have much to do with the other stuff from the first two episodes.

Zoey (Dimitri's fiance, i think thats her name) said she saw Dimitri in her flash, but when it showed the few short clips of her flash, you never actually saw Dimitri. She may have thought she saw him from far away, but that wouldn't make sense and here is why. Let's say he is supposed to die on March 15 (?) and that happens. Why would she be at a wedding? Her's nonetheless? I don't think anyone could recover in a month and a half after their fiance's sudden death and then have another wedding on the SAME DATE that her and her dead fiance planned for their wedding. So i dont know whats up. I also was mad that the old guy gave Mark seemingly unsubstantial information after that somewhat big build-up. But i guess the point of that was to show Mark that his leap of faith was a bad decision. On the flip side, maybe the old guy's information was important, seeing as this crow thing is a big deal. The crow part is also what intrigued me the most. At the end it showed a very tall tower and im not sure what it is and if the audience is expected to know what it is, would somebody fill me in? But im thinking maybe that tall tower sent out some sort of signal that caused the crows to all die at the same time. It happened in 1991 and it happened at the end of the episode, so maybe that tower was on low power when it blacked out only the immediate life surrounding it (crows), and it was on high power when it took out the whole world. haha idk what im talking about

Sirius452

[3]Oct 8, 2009
    I didn't catch the tower. I think the 1991 incident must have been some kind of field trial.

KingofIPirates

[4]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 32
    Pretty Good episode overall, was rather engaging and had some amusing moments throughout, loved the Harold and Kumar visual reference.

EJamison

[5]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 17

I thought it was a good episode. Geyer made my stomach turn. The thing that I most noticed was the graph that Janis was looking at. It didn't make sense to me. It implies that the internet just "knows" the crow population at all times. And it also showed the population going up fairly rapidly after the blackout. I don't know if we're supposed to ignore such details, just figuring that the graphic artist didn't know what they were doing.

I found this comment from someone else: http://toldorknown.com/post/208061110/quite-possibly-the-dumbest-computer-graphic-ever

Edited on 10/08/2009 9:03pm

RSMFields

[6]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 3
    jrosace92 wrote:
    Why would she be at a wedding? Her's nonetheless? I don't think anyone could recover in a month and a half after their fiance's sudden death and then have another wedding on the SAME DATE that her and her dead fiance planned for their wedding.

I thought about that too. I thought maybe she went anyway, to pay tribute to him after he died.

RSMFields

[7]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 3
    EJamison wrote:
    I thought it was a good episode. Geyer made my stomach turn. The thing that I most noticed was the graph that Janis was looking at. It didn't make sense to me. It implies that the internet just "knows" the crow population at all times. And it also showed the population going up fairly rapidly after the blackout. I don't know if we're supposed to ignore such details, just figuring that the graphic artist didn't know what they were doing.

I doubt they are implying that the internet knows, but that people who study the crow population know and post it on the internet. There are scientist who know about all kinds of species, its not an impossible explanation.

Although, I think it is weird that no-one heard about this random crow death that took place in the 90's. You think one of them would have at least heard about it.

KingofIPirates

[8]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 32
    jrosace92 wrote:
    Why would she be at a wedding? Her's nonetheless? I don't think anyone could recover in a month and a half after their fiance's sudden death and then have another wedding on the SAME DATE that her and her dead fiance planned for their wedding.
    Love can do strange things to a person. People have gotten married just one day after meeting each other, granted most of the time they were drunk but still.
    RSMFields wrote:

Although, I think it is weird that no-one heard about this random crow death that took place in the 90's. You think one of them would have at least heard about it.
    It's not like this is PETA, FBI is concerned with potential legitimate threats to this country, an animal study wouldn't garner much interest nor are crows atop the most likeable animals list.
    Edited on 10/08/2009 9:08pm

EJamison

[9]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 17

RSMFields wrote:
    I doubt they are implying that the internet knows, but that people who study the crow population know and post it on the internet. There are scientist who know about all kinds of species, its not an impossible explanation. Although, I think it is weird that no-one heard about this random crow death that took place in the 90's. You think one of them would have at least heard about it.
    It would take time for crow experts to gather that information. If you can find a real graph like that (without the plummet), let us know. I'm guessing the 1991 incident was covered up.

BTW, there used to be crows landing, loudly, on my roof all the time. But some years ago they disappeared. I attributed it to West Nile Virus. I'm glad to be rid of them.

Edited on 10/08/2009 9:13pm

JBsVeryBadDay

[10]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 6
    :
    Love can do strange things to a person.

Well, I can buy that, under certain circumstances, within a month an a half, there is the SLIGHTEST of slight possibilities that after Dimitri's death she MIGHT be able to meet and fall in love with someone else. HIGHLY unlikely, but I could NEVER buy that she'd actually be able to marry the person on the same day they plan.

But let's look at it in a different way.

So much of what has happened has happened BECAUSE of the Flashforwards.

A. Marc sees himself investigating the flashforwards BECAUSE he had a flashforward of him doing so.
    B. Olivia sees herself with another man, someone she only meets because the occurrence of the flahsforward put the man's son in the hospital bringing him there to meet her.

So, we can assume that, likewise, they planned that date for their wedding BECAUSE of Zoe's flashforward showing that as their wedding date. She says she saw Dimitri, but we never did. As someone else said, what if she just saw a groom at a distance and ASSUMED it was Dimitri.

Perhaps, something happens to break them up before Dimitri dies and then she meets, falls in love with someone else, and plans that date for her wedding?
    Edited on 10/08/2009 9:21pm

80style

[11]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 2

it was better than the last 2 IMO. Some of the stuff they are doing is too stupid for me. As in only one man on the whole planet noticed the crows? Or the FBI just didn't think it was strange that all the crows died until this guy told them, thats completely ludicrous. Also no one else talked about a similar black out in 1991, you'd think that in the freaking like 2 months since the blackout that someone would have mentioned that. IDK about this show, it seems catered to making people think it's smart without actually being smart...

Edited on 10/09/2009 1:15am
    Edited 2 total times.

Chaos_Zombie

[12]Oct 9, 2009
    80style wrote:

it was better than the last 2 IMO. Some of the stuff they are doing is too stupid for me. As in only one man on the whole planet noticed the crows? Or the FBI just didn't think it was strange that all the crows died until this guy told them, thats completely ludicrous. Also no one else talked about a similar black out in 1991, you'd think that in the freaking like 2 months since the blackout that someone would have mentioned that. IDK about this show, it seems catered to making people think it's smart without actually being smart...

Or you are being too nitpicky...

I love how people jump to conclusions. No one said that man was the only one that noticed the crows dying. Likely many people saw it but not very many thought it was significant. You do know the world is a big place right? We don't know what other agencies are finding out and they ALL can't collaborate, it's too big. Also, it's very likely that, if there was a test run blackout, it would've been covered up with only bits and pieces of information availible. Do you seriously think the people in charge of this (if it is people) wouldn't have a cover up? There's also no reason to believe a flashforward happened in 1991 yet as nothing was mentioned.

Back to the episode, I liked it but I don't think it was as good as the other two. Then again, no show has a classic episode every week. There is always a few episodes here and there delving more into character development or transitioning to a new plot. This one felt like the former with the whole storyline between Mark and Aaron as well as Demetri and Zoey. Wasn't as high on action but I'm glad the whole nazi storyline didn't pan out. Wouldn't be too realistic if every lead on Mark's board was a big hit as there's certain to be dead ends. This one gave a little clue to the crows which was also the most intriguing thing to me. When the boy was looking at the sky it looked like something in the sky was moving, clouds or something. What you guys are calling a tower was just the kid's staff with the camera behind him wasn't it? I'd have to check it again. I was so focused on the sky I didn't look directly there.

kavselj

[13]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 9
    It was definitely a tower. Though I'm not sure if the "smoke" is coming out of the tower/chimney or if it's just something in the sky.

haldrey

[14]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 22
    I do not expect fantastic episodes every time but still it was pretty interesting. Now we have crows and a kangaroo to worry about.
    Edited on 10/11/2009 11:11am

krussell47

[15]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 12
    The crow populations dying instantly is pretty interesting. I guess Geyer wasn't lying when he said that bit of information must come in handy to the investigation into the blackouts. And now they show this young boy in Somalia seeing the crows die in 1991 and people lying around out cold. I wonder if he is going to spring up in a future episode since he is obviously got to be much older. That should make things very interesting with what he has to say about what he witnessed. I am really enjoying this show and can't wait to see where they take all of this!

Chaos_Zombie

[16]Oct 9, 2009

krussell47 wrote:
    The crow populations dying instantly is pretty interesting. I guess Geyer wasn't lying when he said that bit of information must come in handy to the investigation into the blackouts. And now they show this young boy in Somalia seeing the crows die in 1991 and people lying around out cold. I wonder if he is going to spring up in a future episode since he is obviously got to be much older. That should make things very interesting with what he has to say about what he witnessed. I am really enjoying this show and can't wait to see where they take all of this!

Ah, good point. He looked like he had a scar by his eye too so we need to keep a lookout for him. As for the tower, did it maybe come out of the ground or something? With the music and the way the boy looked it appeared as if it shouldn't have been there or something. Definitely an interesting new plot to follow. The next episode is called "Black Swan", an allusion to crows? I hope they really take things further next episode before people begin to lose interest.

Killer1One

[17]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 12

The Wedding thing Does not make sense anyway... For one simple reason... Olivia described that she felt things in her flashforward... "Feelings for that other man". Wich lead me to assume everybody did.... (Olivia's daughter seemed to be scared in her flash too). So this eliminates the possibility of tributes to the death of the guy or anything like that. She was truly happy in her flash, and she tought she was marrying him wich makes no sense at all. But maybe i am thinking this too much....

Sirius452

[18]Oct 9, 2009
    Perhaps Dimitri and Zoe will have a bad break-up in the next few weeks. He goes off looking for his killer, she moves on. She falls unexpectedly in love with someone else and has no idea Dimitri is in trouble/dead when she gets married. She just thinks he's a you-know-what.

Daguerro

[19]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 4
    That tower in Somalia, didn't it have smoke above it, birdshaped?
    That's what I first thought I saw. Upon reviewing it, I'm not too sure anymore.
    Anyway, as people said, not as interesting as the first two episodes, but I'm still more than loving this.

ileanadu

[20]Oct 9, 2009
    • level: 6
    An "imprisoned Nazi" is a major element in the story? It's been 64 years since the end of WWII (65 as of 2010). He must have been a real badass at what, say age 15 back then! If he was 25 at the time, he'd be 90 now. I suppose he could have been from after WWII. I know there are still some Nazi war criminals left, and I'm not belittling what the Nazis did, or how horrible the Holocaust was (6 Million Jews, plus 7 million other civilians), but how long are we going to include the evil Nazi as a plot device?