FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread: Believe (Spoilers)

OnePerCentClub

[1]Nov 17, 2009
    • level: 35

Please discuss here the episode 'Believe', airing next Thursday November 19.

Do not discuss other episodes here.

Thanks!

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

kbelliveau

[2]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 10
    Probably the best acted episode from Jospeph Fiennes. He really seems to be getting better. I did like the Bryce part, but not the whole L>A shift thing, thery revealed that way too soon. Dem and Mark from the clips from the next episode will go to Hong Kong. Simon will probably play a massive part in the investigation, and I am really excited to see where that all ends up.

KingofIPirates

[3]Nov 19, 2009
    • level: 32
    Decent episode overall, while there were a few interesting scenes it was relatively mundane throughout.

antdude

[4]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 28
    Was it me or were there lots of commercials in this episode?

CharlesTheBold

[5]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 7
    I couldn't figure out the NSA lady's attitude. First she complains that Dmitri received that phone call, then I few minutes later she agrees to give Dmintri the recording, then disappears from the episode. What was her problem? If she thought the phone call was a security breach, why? Was this just a roundabout way of getting the tape recording for Dmitri?

Rucook

[6]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 2
    I agree with the comments about Bryce. The only thing is - Bryce at this point does not realize that "his girl" was on the same plane as him coming back to L.A. so I am curious of how this will all come together for them. Plus with him being back in the States, he can go for treatment as Olivia had set it up. The next episode looks pretty cool from the previews. Hopefully, some of the mosaic pieces will start to come together a bit more.

brain_9h

[7]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 4
    great episode, the bryce and kioko story was very well acted

DarthFreeza

[8]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 23

It was a nice filler episode.

I liked the Bryce and Keiko plots and thought they were both well acted and very cute.

Aaron's distress over his daughter was also a powerful scene.

I also thought it was funny how neither Stan nor Aaron directly answered Mark's question as to whether or not they texted Olivia.

It was nice to see Olivia's concern for Bryce. Before this episode they didn't seem very close to one another but Olivia's concern for Bryce and his trust in Olivia got their relationship across well.

We're approaching the topic of Demetri's murder more now. Though suprisingly, I was alot less interested in his plot in this episode than I normally am.

I hope to see more of Bryce and Keiko in the future. Good episode.

ummhaniyyah

[9]Nov 20, 2009
    • level: 8

CharlesTheBold wrote:
    I couldn't figure out the NSA lady's attitude. First she complains that Dmitri received that phone call, then I few minutes later she agrees to give Dmintri the recording, then disappears from the episode. What was her problem? If she thought the phone call was a security breach, why? Was this just a roundabout way of getting the tape recording for Dmitri?

She may not have known what was on the tape - just that he was flagged for receiving a professionally re-routed call.

kbelliveau

[10]Nov 21, 2009
    DarthFreeza wrote:

It was a nice filler episode.

I liked the Bryce and Keiko plots and thought they were both well acted and very cute.

Aaron's distress over his daughter was also a powerful scene.

I also thought it was funny how neither Stan nor Aaron directly answered Mark's question as to whether or not they texted Olivia.

It was nice to see Olivia's concern for Bryce. Before this episode they didn't seem very close to one another but Olivia's concern for Bryce and his trust in Olivia got their relationship across well.

We're approaching the topic of Demetri's murder more now. Though suprisingly, I was alot less interested in his plot in this episode than I normally am.

I hope to see more of Bryce and Keiko in the future. Good episode.

I agree Aaron just got angry and San just told him to get out of his office. All though from the other stand point, do they really have to say no for Mark to get the picture. I mean it is simple and they could have easily said no. I just dont see how the text message will be important down the stretch. I know they are trying to make the plot intriguing for the fans, but perhaps the writers will lose themselves in the tiny details. It wouldnt surprise that by the time April 29th rolls around there is no answer to the message

Chaos_Zombie

[11]Nov 21, 2009

It seems like Mark missed the big picture in this if both Stan and Aaron didn't tell Olivia, who could've known? Someone who overheard or maybe someone connected to the flash forwards. If I were him, I'd be going hard at the phone company to track where that text came from. They have to know and he's in the FBI so he could get clearance.

I agree with the rest of you, the Bryce-Keiko story was amazing. Seeing how both of them were so relieved and happy after their flash forward because of the feelings they felt and they had someone to look forward to was well done and acted perfectly. She's also insanely hot so I'm all for more Keiko, haha.

Looks like the next episode is going to be have some intense mythology in it, can't wait. Still don't have a name on it on TV.com though but it's in 2 weeks.

HMVincent

[12]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 7

Here are Aaron and Mark standing in front of Aaron's door.

Aaron and Mark stand outside Aaron's door, which has decorative hinges.

I once visited Washington, D.C. in Dec. 1985, where a friend took a picture of me sitting on a step in front of a door similar to this. It looked very Celtic to me, but my friend, who was far more worldly, said it was Chinese.

Can anyone give more background about this door?

markm75

[13]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 5
    Did noone else notice the "backdrop" they apparently used on the street scene in japan.. the car on the right and the whole right side appeared "painted"... That for me, was the only low point of the episode.

JayStamos

[14]Nov 21, 2009
    • level: 1

WOW the NSA woman and the ring part of this episode was amazing. I really like to thank the makers of FlashForward for this gem and the person who wrote this is a comedy genius!

So the face is a complete blur but you can see the ring.. no wait you can see the design of the ring! OK so a person's face in a two dimensional image is about 8"by 5" and the rings design surface is about 1/2" by 1/2". (this is a estimate straight on for ease of calculating) and to capture the image of the ring's design lets say an incredible 5 pixels of image width and or height is the resolution which you need to have to actually enhance the rings image with which works out to be 1/10" by 1/10.

So a little calculation.. 8 x 5 =40 ... 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/4 ....40 divide by 1/4 = 160!!! or a human face in area is 160 times bigger in area or in resolution than the ring.

Let's look at it another way... A face will have 160 more pixels than the ring or the NSA could enhance a rings image from 25 pixels (if they could get them from surveillance video which really would not have the resolution) but could NOT enhance a face from 4000 pixels.Are these people high?

Oh wait the ring is metallic and reflective! So? Your talking about one item that is at least 160 times bigger.

I know I will get comments about if I don't like it don't watch it or why comment but the point is it's hard to watch a program that throws up such c**p.

idlescribe

[15]Nov 22, 2009
    • level: 9
    JayStamos wrote:

WOW the NSA woman and the ring part of this episode was amazing. I really like to thank the makers of FlashForward for this gem and the person who wrote this is a comedy genius!

So the face is a complete blur but you can see the ring.. no wait you can see the design of the ring! OK so a person's face in a two dimensional image is about 8"by 5" and the rings design surface is about 1/2" by 1/2". (this is a estimate straight on for ease of calculating) and to capture the image of the ring's design lets say an incredible 5 pixels of image width and or height is the resolution which you need to have to actually enhance the rings image with which works out to be 1/10" by 1/10.

So a little calculation.. 8 x 5 =40 ... 1/2 x 1/2 = 1/4 ....40 divide by 1/4 = 160!!! or a human face in area is 160 times bigger in area or in resolution than the ring.

Let's look at it another way... A face will have 160 more pixels than the ring or the NSA could enhance a rings image from 25 pixels (if they could get them from surveillance video which really would not have the resolution) but could NOT enhance a face from 4000 pixels.Are these people high?

Oh wait the ring is metallic and reflective! So? Your talking about one item that is at least 160 times bigger.

I know I will get comments about if I don't like it don't watch it or why comment but the point is it's hard to watch a program that throws up such c**p.

This is TV, they 'almost' always throw up such c**p. The minute you have a little expertise in a field, whatever that field is, whenever it appears on TV, you can spot inconsistencies.
    To test this, whenever you watch a TV show that doesn't switch on your sirens, well, ask someone who knows a bit more on what is being used as material. Might look jolly from the outskirts but when one delves into it...

Sorry pal...

turkisme

[16]Nov 23, 2009
    • level: 6
    the best till now