FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread: Course Correction (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]May 1, 2010
    • level: 103
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 5/6/10 episode "Course Correction", scripted by the novel's author, Robert Sawyer, in this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Eric10301

[2]May 7, 2010
    • level: 12

What's with the Lloyd and Olivia kiss? It wasn't even a sudden thing, it was like no big deal to them. Just felt so weird and out of nowhere.

CharlesTheBold

[3]May 7, 2010
    • level: 7

Here's my theory about what will happen with Simon: Janice is already on his trail. After all, she's caught him twice before when he thought he had gotten cleanly away, and she's led him to believe that she's a traitor.

KingofIPirates

[4]May 7, 2010
    • level: 32
    Thought this was a decent episode overall, it was slow and only relatively interesting throughout.

Eric10301 wrote:

What's with the Lloyd and Olivia kiss? It wasn't even a sudden thing, it was like no big deal to them. Just felt so weird and out of nowhere.

Well they kissed before.

kraylith

[5]May 7, 2010
    • level: 10
    HOW THE HELL do you front right into a car, head on, seeing the lights?!?!? I can understand sideways, not seeing the car. But looking right at it?!

Damn... I actually cursed out loud when Bryce killed Nicole. I hate that arc, she might have just told him even though she clearly didn't want to, but then he went ahead and...
    I cann tell you how it'll go from here... right when the two are happy doodly doo Kiko will show up and, oh noes, Bryce will have to make a decision that will leave one of the girls in tears... boo hoo...

Uhm... what exactly is Simon's agenda now? He teams up with the people who kidnapped his sister and killed his father? Even going after money or whatever this ought to be too much....

ollyhume

[6]May 7, 2010
    • level: 8

Not as good at the last couple of episodes but still decent. Missed Janis, but glad to see Simon back. The bit with Gabriel and the burger was priceless.

As always, for anyone is as anal about tv shows as me and wants to read my review go here, let me know if you think I'm way of the mark.

Edited on 05/07/2010 6:01pm
    Edited 2 total times.

anthem47

[7]May 7, 2010

Man, I'm enjoying this show more and more. I know it's a long shot but I've got my fingers crossed for a renewal.

ollyhume

[8]May 8, 2010
    • level: 8

It's got to win out over V, that show has gone to the pits.

SupremeLegate

[9]May 8, 2010
    • level: 13
    Eric10301 wrote:

I was flipping between FlashForward and Bones and when I saw that I thought I missed something, something like several episodes back.

kraylith wrote:

Damn... I actually cursed out loud when Bryce killed Nicole. I hate that arc, she might have just told him even though she clearly didn't want to, but then he went ahead and...

WTH? I did not even see that, what happened?
    Edited on 05/08/2010 12:27pm

anthem47

[10]May 8, 2010

SupremeLegate wrote:
    Eric10301 wrote:

I was flipping between FlashForward and Bones and when I saw that I thought I missed something, something like several episodes back.
    kraylith wrote:
    WTH? I did not even see that, what happened?

I think that was a typo for *kissed*. I did a doubletake too, hehe. Now *that* would be a twist.

SupremeLegate

[11]May 8, 2010
    Hell of a typo. Course I like their arc, I like the idea of what he saw would happen veruses what is happening.

ma_liky

[12]May 9, 2010
    I love this show, and even dough this was not the best episode of season it was quite good. A lot of stories has been connected, and the impact of first blackout is again brought to light, bringing the fear of another one. I love the bringing back of blue hand and the story of Al and the British agent, and how their lives connected, she took his future in some way. It is so good they did that. But I am in some way sad cause Al's death now means nothing really. I love the fact that Simon is now the enemy, they had been building him up for that from the beginning. I am glad that they didnt brought a new character to take Frosts place. Simon is perfect.

I wouldnt wanna be in Nicols shoes right now. This situation is so hard. She has feelings for him and she knows where Keiko is. This is a tough decision she has to make. Wouldnt wanna be her.

One thing I can't take is Olivia and Lloyd. I am really trying to understand her, but I can't still. I mean Mark hasent done anything, he just didnt wanna leave, he wanted to finish what he started. She doesn't understand that, fine. But going to Lloyd, that is a betrayal. I am still open to see all this "she was always with Lloyd", but I still think that it is not fair to Mark.

akamidnight

[13]May 9, 2010
    ma_liky wrote:
    One thing I can't take is Olivia and Lloyd. I am really trying to understand her, but I can't still. I mean Mark hasent done anything, he just didnt wanna leave, he wanted to finish what he started. She doesn't understand that, fine. But going to Lloyd, that is a betrayal. I am still open to see all this "she was always with Lloyd", but I still think that it is not fair to Mark.

I totally agree with you here. I'm just one of the few people that just can't stand Olivia. Don't know why, but she irritates me. She's all 'You don't wanna save our marriage!' to Mark and they goes off to kiss and hold hands with Lloyd. At least now we know why Mark was drinking in his Flashforward.

ma_liky

[14]May 10, 2010
    akamidnight wrote:
    ma_liky wrote:

I totally agree with you here. I'm just one of the few people that just can't stand Olivia. Don't know why, but she irritates me. She's all 'You don't wanna save our marriage!' to Mark and they goes off to kiss and hold hands with Lloyd. At least now we know why Mark was drinking in his Flashforward.

I really hope he wont start drinking again, I think he will be strong (I hope so). But you are right that would drive him to booze. She is so selfish.

Edupinn

[15]May 10, 2010
    Not a good episode, in my opinion.
    The only two good things in this episode were (1) Simon is back, and (2) Gabriel and the burger. Although it wasn't useless, the rest os it was totally predictable and, IMO, boring.
    I think that, reaching the end of this season, the episodes should be even better than the previous, especially when the show struggles to be renewed in a battle with V. If they really want a chance, I don't think they would get one with another episode like "Course Correction"

ma_liky

[16]May 11, 2010
    I think it is better this way to finish season with no lose ends. It has many characters and stories that has to be explained and sorted cause all have their part to play in this show, everybody is connected and their stories matter for main plot. For me it is good that they are answering questions I have about the characters and plot. Because now we have the hole story, and later we wont need flashbacks to tell us what we should have known episodes ago. I think it will leave us with major cliffhanger for the next season.

CharlesTheBold

[17]May 14, 2010

I like Flashforward, but I don't care if it gets renewed or not. I think it works better as a one-season story culminating in the "Future Day". I remember how "Heroes" had a great first season, then floundered around for something new to write about for the next 2 or 3 years, because they had already used up the best material. How would Flashforward Season 2 beat the worldwide disaster that started season 1?

ma_liky

[18]May 14, 2010
    CharlesTheBold wrote:

I like Flashforward, but I don't care if it gets renewed or not. I think it works better as a one-season story culminating in the "Future Day". I remember how "Heroes" had a great first season, then floundered around for something new to write about for the next 2 or 3 years, because they had already used up the best material. How would Flashforward Season 2 beat the worldwide disaster that started season 1?

With world wide disaster no2. There is so many stories that can be used for the next season. There is the matter of Frost board or Nadiras board, Jericho, the killing of a president... and so many more that can be potential stories for the next season. Some of ff will get true but some will not, there is so many questions still unanswered.