FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread: Gimme Some Truth (Spoilers)

Sirius452

[1]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 10

An okay episode, had a pretty surprising ending. I wonder if Mark will start to doubt himself now. The previews for the next episode were exciting, that should be a good one.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[2]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 32
    Decent episode overall, there were a number of scenes that were very engaging especially the finale but they also had there share of pretty cheesy moments.

JBsVeryBadDay

[3]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 6
    So, who do you think sent Olivia the text message? Only a few people had knowledge of that fact: Aaron, Wedeck (sp?). Did anyone else? Could that *bleep* of a Senator somehow found out?

miss_wierd

[4]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 13
    WOW! AWESOME EPISODE!!!! So.... That FBI lady who was pregnant in her flashforward is a lesbian!!! WOAH! Okay so that doctor who wanted to kill himself won't be the father of her child ROFL. So, Hmmmm maybe her and that woman she is seeing will get married and have a baby? They had 1 date right? Cus they seemed really serious for just 1 date. Oh no!!! She gets shot!!!! ACK!!! Man I love this show!

Sirius452

[5]Oct 22, 2009

My first guess as to who sent Olivia the message would have to be Mark's sponsor who is angry about his own flashforward snag and trying to force the future to happen.

I still think Bryce is in line to be the baby's daddy. Where will she end up now, the hospital.

JBsVeryBadDay

[6]Oct 22, 2009
    • level: 6
    How would Bryce be the father if she's a lesbian? Are people ignoring the possibility that she might just go to a sperm bank if she becomes serious with that woman? Maybe getting shot will make her reevaluate and decide she wants a baby and she will get back together with that woman,

Sirius452

[7]Oct 22, 2009

I don't think she and the woman get back together. In their flashforward the other woman is there but far away. If it was her baby she would likely be holding her hand or at least in the room. Seems to me to be a sort of friendly support type situation. The woman is in the waiting room or something.

The other thing is, the woman said she was wearing a wedding ring at the time. I didn't notice if the pregnant girl was wearing one or not, but I assume no. They were together during the flashforward so if the woman had strong feelings for the pregnant girl she should kind of know it, just like Olivia did with Lloyd. But, the way she phrased the wedding band talk made me think she is pretty sure it's not the pregnant girl. And someone please, what is pregnant girl's name?

As for Bryce being the baby's daddy it's just a guess. She could very well go to a sperm bank but personally I think that would be kind of a letdown after they've brought up all the questions about it.

KingofIPirates

[8]Oct 22, 2009
    JBsVeryBadDay wrote:
    So, who do you think sent Olivia the text message? Only a few people had knowledge of that fact: Aaron, Wedeck (sp?). Did anyone else? Could that *bleep* of a Senator somehow found out?
    Probably someone overheard at the bar.

kbelliveau

[9]Oct 23, 2009
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    JBsVeryBadDay wrote:
    Probably someone overheard at the bar.

I cannot see how the average person at the bar would even care that they heard Mark was drinking. And second how would they even get a hold of Olivia's number. It has to be someone who has something to gain from telling Olivia about the blackout. Wild Theory time but what if Simon was one of the men breaking into his office and saw Mark drinking, so he told Olivia to ruin Marks life and ultimately hope that Mark doesnt find out who he is or uncover the truth about the FlashForwards. Just a thought

miss_wierd

[10]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 13
    Sirius452 wrote:

I still think Bryce is in line to be the baby's daddy. Where will she end up now, the hospital.

Ahh yes!!! They kept showing her flashforward after she was shot! So yeah could very well be! Maybe he is going to help her and her girlfriend have a baby? Or maybe she is really bi and falls in love with Bryce? Hmmmmmmm.

Chaos_Zombie

[11]Oct 23, 2009

My thoughts:

I liked this episode better than the last but could've done without the whole lesbian storyline and all that junk. That's about the only thing that dragged it down aside from the cheesy rock music at the end of the episode that totally ruined a critical, serious moment. I also again found myself hoping Janis died at the end. A twist like that would be huge for the show but I guess we don't know what the writers have in store for the future. My guess is they won't want to reveal whether or not the future can be changed until Noh's part is wrapped up.

I was thinking someone overheard Mark at the bar too. If someone were watching them then it would be someone very interested in knowing Mark was drunk in his FF. I think it's also very likely Simon sent that text. In the preview it seems like he knows a whole lot more than everyone else but I guess that storyline will be dealt with in the next episode, which looks like it'll be VERY good. I don't believe it's Aaron. He's a friend of the family and seems like a standup guy. He wouldn't mess with their marriage like that and if he did tell her he wouldn't hide it. He would tell her to her face.

Question now is who are those Asian people at the end who were taking out the FBI team? Are they somehow connected to the FF? And if so it would appear the President is involved somehow. Of course, they just could be mercenaries for hire but they were both in LA and DC on short notice. Seems more organized than just a bunch of mercenaries.

Rucook

[12]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 2

There were a few "slow" moments in the beginning of the story. So slow, that my husband was switching between the baseball game and FlashForward. THEN, it got very interesting. I really felt sorry for Mark when he was in with the hearings. I got a big kick out of the FBI agents singing karaoke!! The drama in the end was awesome, it made you wonder if there was something to the theory of the Chinese having something to do with it (as mentioned in the hearings, not being prejudice here). Yes, I believe Janis will end up in the hospital and see will see Bryce, but it makes you wonder how it is all going to work. Guess they have me hooked!!

Killer1One

[13]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 12

Why the chinese guy did not shot the lesbian again... again?

Who the hell runs from a gun with a gun after shooting the person is trying to pull out a gun?

The ep was nice but that was unnecesary and weird.

Chaos_Zombie

[14]Oct 23, 2009
    Killer1One wrote:

Why the chinese guy did not shot the lesbian again... again?

Who the hell runs from a gun with a gun after shooting the person is trying to pull out a gun?

The ep was nice but that was unnecesary and weird.

Haha, I agree. He must be a rookie or something and was so surprised (that an agent was carrying a gun?) that he decided to bolt. Definitely didn't fit at all.

KingofIPirates

[15]Oct 23, 2009
    Killer1One wrote:
    Why the chinese guy did not shot the lesbian again... again?Who the hell runs from a gun with a gun after shooting the person is trying to pull out a gun
    He lacked street hunger

ocean58

[16]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 53
    At the end of the conversation in the oval office, the President said: " I've got a problem I need you to take care off!" To whom the President was talking to and what was the problem he wanted to be taken care off. Any guess?

SWERJ321

[17]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 19
    I found interesting the Presidential stuff. I mean, that Senator seems to believe she saw herself as President but Coyote saw himself still as President so either one of them misunderstood or something odd going on.

Chaos_Zombie

[18]Oct 23, 2009

SWERJ321 wrote:
    I found interesting the Presidential stuff. I mean, that Senator seems to believe she saw herself as President but Coyote saw himself still as President so either one of them misunderstood or something odd going on.

I don't remember him saying he saw himself as President. He wouldn't say what he saw.

As for who the President was talking to on the phone, I'd say it's whoever is in charge of those Asian guys who made the hits and that's what he wanted taken care of.

ocean58

[19]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 53

During the press conference in the White House a reporter asked the President about his FF and we saw a short sequence of it. The President was waken up by some stuff telling him that something has happened.

The Asian Guys was one of my thoughts too. My other theorie is that the President wants his former girlfriend to be taken to Puerto Rico.

aislingxireland

[20]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 8
    yup liked the episode ,storyline was great loved the end with the music and the hole gun scene