FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread: Gimme Some Truth (Spoilers)

KingofIPirates

[21]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 32
    ocean58 wrote:
    At the end of the conversation in the oval office, the President said: " I've got a problem I need you to take care off!" To whom the President was talking to and what was the problem he wanted to be taken care off. Any guess?
    Seemed to be someone who has connections with the asian shooters based on the impromptu assassination attempt on a group of FBI agents.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sirius452

[22]Oct 23, 2009
    • level: 10

My guess on the President's phone call is that it relates to the woman and child they spoke of. She said something about living a very different life in her flashforward. The President must help her achieve this new status. He gets rid of her.

Eric10301

[23]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 12
    Sirius452 wrote:

My guess on the President's phone call is that it relates to the woman and child they spoke of. She said something about living a very different life in her flashforward. The President must help her achieve this new status. He gets rid of her.

Exactly, he's probably going to send her to Puerto Rico on the first plane he can book. The though of the President calling someone to have a bunch of asians try and kill FBI agents is stupid, it makes no sense. It is curious how the new VP is saying she is the president in the future when the current Presidents flashforward shows him alive and being woken up to someone calling him Mr. President. I'm still on the fence with this show.

Edited on 10/24/2009 1:58am

ocean58

[24]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 53
    Eric10301 wrote:
    Sirius452 wrote:

Exactly, he's probably going to send her to Puerto Rico on the first plane he can book. The though of the President calling someone to have a bunch of asians try and kill FBI agents is stupid, it makes no sense. It is curious how the new VP is saying she is the president in the future when the current Presidents flashforward shows him alive and being woken up to someone calling him Mr. President. I'm still on the fence with this show.

The Vice-President must have taken over the responsibility, as something big, which we don't yet, must have happened and the President is going to be taken to a safe location.

kbelliveau

[25]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 10
    Eric10301 wrote:
    Sirius452 wrote:

The President saw a vision of a man walking in to his room in the middle of the morning saying something Terrible has happened. Perhaps a US Revolution is about to take place on Flash Forward. All joking aside maybe the terrible thing that happens is what leads the president to say resign and there fore the title is given to Clementes

ypomoni

[26]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 13

Really good episode. Yeah, it was slow at points, but when it picked up momentum it become very interesting.

Whole lotta questions! We know for a fact that in a previous episode, when Janis talks about her FF, she actually says "I don't even have a BOYfriend". And yet, it was implied in a previous episode that she was, indeed, gay Has she been lying to her whole team this whole time? She doesn't feel like she can trust them with this? I get it, the FBI may not have rules against it (why should it?) but they feel "uncomfortable trusting gays with guns"? huh? On her date with Maya, she did say that it was their first date. Wow, they moved fast - talking about never letting you down, Mosaic-ing, etc.Janis' behaviour is just so wierd. She tells Maya (someone she doesn't know all that well) that she can go through her things (!!!) and yet she doen't trust her team enough to tell them she is gay Just strange....

The President's FF was interesting. The guard who walks into his room refers to him as "Mr President". Clemente, however, says she saw herself as president. Did she just receive the news of her presidency at that moment? Or has she been president for a while? The later is also possible, seeing as all former presidents of the US keep the title Mr President (when being directly addressed), whether or not they are still president. The guard says "something has happened". Not something BAD has happened. I wonder what it could be?

I loved the theories about the black-out. Aliens! Personal favorite! China! The CSI and their consiracy thoeries! A lot of asian reference in this episode. Kabuki theatre, Japanese proverb (if you sit along the river long enough...), China as a threat according to the CSI, asian mob team hitting the FBI - did the President send them after Stan? Did the President deliberately choose an asian team to make it seem that the CSI's theory of China is correct?

Mark's deposition was painful to watch. Stan initially tells Mark to tell the truth, it's gotten them so far. Mark has been adopting the "avoiding the wole truth" technique since day 1 of the FF. Lying to his wife, not telling Wedick about being drunk in his FF (poor Stan; his voice cracked up when he realised Mark was loaded "I put my whole career on the line!" ). Mark has gotta adopt a new technique. I loved the karaoke scene! The song's lyrics reflected Mark (and, maybe Stan) so well!

As for Clemente, I get the feeling that she knew too much. Does she have some inside information? Otherwise, she is so darn good at her job (by job I mean making Stan look like an idiot). Stan must have known that by asking the President to help him would somehow lead to Clemente taking a position of higher power (and maybe, leading to her FF becoming a reality). Does he have a plan? Maybe not. He later says "I don't get this town - everything is a trade-off". Really? I mean, really Stan? It seems a bit naive that he didn't see that one coming.

Who texted Olivia? Hopefully, we will start getting some answers soon!

Edited on 10/25/2009 3:15am
    Edited 4 total times.