FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread: Goodbye Yellow Brick Road (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Apr 24, 2010
    • level: 100
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 4/29/10 episode "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" to this thread.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mude

[2]Apr 30, 2010
    • level: 15
    Well, it was nice to find out she was a double agent for the good guys. Let's hope she doesn't get stripped too thin and break up in the middle.

prison_lost

[3]Apr 30, 2010
    • level: 5

Yesss I KNEW Janice couldn't be a bad person!!! I was very disappointed when I first thought she was the mole! Yay Janice!!

haldrey

[4]Apr 30, 2010
    • level: 22
    Janice a double agent, nice twist. The episode was good but only that sometimes it was a bit hard to follow.

Urnfs

[5]Apr 30, 2010
    • level: 9

God, Joseph Fiennes is a terrible actor. it's like he lacks the physical ability to smile. that scene where Janice tells him she's pregnant, he was like while going "that's great"....

cinaos

[6]Apr 30, 2010
    • level: 6

Oh, alias.

Rage46

[7]Apr 30, 2010
    • level: 2

Great episode of a great show. Fortunately Janice is not the bad girl she seemed to be.

You guys have to be lucky, because you can watch the show in time on your TV. I have to wait till the show is telecasted in german televison or I have to find other ways. Unfortunately it is not possible to wath the shows on ABC:

*** You appear to be outside the United States or its territories. Due to international rights agreements, we only offer this video to viewers located within the United States and its territories. ***

Welcome to the globilization

Do you have other recommendations for similar cool shows in the States?

Greets Rage

Edited on 04/30/2010 3:02pm

HolyPenguin

[8]May 1, 2010
    • level: 12
    Great episode. Revealing, but not entirely.
    Am I the only one who suspects that the guy who told Janice to work for the bad guys and be a mole there is actually working for the bad guys? I mean, this is a good manipulation to get her to accept the job and do things for them, and all the dirty she finds on the bad guys goes to one of them anyway.
    And for whom Alda works? If the bad guys want Mark dead, why didn't Alda killed him when she had a chance?

KingofIPirates

[9]May 1, 2010
    • level: 32
    Fairly good episode overall, was a little slow at times but remained intriguing throughout especially at the end when we discovered Janis is basically a triple agent.
    HolyPenguin wrote:
    If the bad guys want Mark dead, why didn't Alda killed him when she had a chance?
    Maybe because they just decided recently that they wanted him dead and killing an FBI agent would lead to a drastic increase in security and a possible transfer to a more secure location which would make securing her escape immensely more difficult.
    Edited on 05/01/2010 9:42am

ma_liky

[10]May 2, 2010
    • level: 13
    Great episode. I am glad Janis is not on the "bad" side, but I am feeling sorry for her cause she really has a baby now. I hope she makes it. And we knew that they wanted Mark dead cause Frost told him that his employers wanted him dead long ago but he postponed it. And now that Frost is out of picture... Mark has become the treat, so he has to go.

DarthFreeza

[11]May 2, 2010
    • level: 23

I enjoyed this episode.
    The reactions that Janice had to key events throughout the episode were well done (especially her reaction to the blackout).

I'm glad to know that Janice is one of the good guys.
    We all know that she's not going to kill Mark but we can dream I suppose.
    It would make sense for him to be killed by Janice though. The date is pretty close to the day that Mark is supposed to die according to Charlie.

Another thing that disappoints me is that Demetri is the father of Janice's baby.
    The guys engaged and he's going off donating his sperm to one of his best friends.
    I had hoped that Simon would've been the father.
    Oh well =/

Pink90210

[12]May 3, 2010
    • level: 7

this show is getting better and better with each episode, i loved this Janis-centric episode as well.

OK, lets start with two years before the blackout.. Voguel approached Janis and told her that someone will come and offer her a job and she'll accept it, why her? because of her financial situation, sexual orientation and herunconventionalupbringing... well, we kinda get the first two but what upbringing?

those three things made her vulnerable for recruitment, okay.

Now, her carrying Demetri's baby i didn't like that too, but i think there is something else going on.

then because Janis wanted out and no one can get out, she got a warning, the whole team got a warning, by getting shot and ambushed.

And at the end, that lady asking her to kill Mark, wow, i didn't see that coming, Janis is the one who will be responsible for Mark's death. Little Charyl's FF is coming true.

i loved this epi, i love how Christen Woods is portraying Janis's character with each episode, she is just excellent.

Edited on 05/03/2010 7:27am
    Edited 4 total times.

akamidnight

[13]May 4, 2010
    • level: 13
    Christine Woods has been cast as the female lead on NBC's Perfect Couples, which does not bode well for Janis...

ollyhume

[14]May 4, 2010
    • level: 8

Thought this was an excellent episode, not as good as last week but still great stuff. There's an indepth review I wrote on this site if anyone's interested. Feel free to comment and tell me how wrong I am

CharlesTheBold

[15]May 7, 2010
    • level: 7

Urnfs wrote:

God, Joseph Fiennes is a terrible actor. it's like he lacks the physical ability to smile. that scene where Janice tells him she's pregnant, he was like while going "that's great"....

On the contrary, I thought he was great in that scene. Mark's trying to make up his mind whether to (1) Trust a colleague and let her enjoy the happiest event in her life, or (2) Ruin her career by reporting her to the directors, for trying to steal the diagram and acting suspiciously in general. Naturally he's having trouble smiling.It's not a flaw on the actor's part.

Magickster

[16]Jun 26, 2010
    • level: 4

No. He's just a crappy actor. Like his brother Surprised What's also with half the cast being English?? Fiennes, the actress playing his wife etc..Simcoe and Simon....