FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread: Revelation Zero (possible spoilers)

Gislef

[1]Mar 14, 2010
    • level: 102
    Please direct all general and specific discussion of the 3/18/10 episode "Revelation Zero" to this thread.

Please note that for now, the episode will be listed as a single episode. There seems to be some discrepancies as far as whether it'll air as a single two-hour episode, or a two-parter. So until the episode airs, it's fine as is until then, thanks.

If it does air as a single two-hour episode with no credits in-between, it will continue to be listed as single episode at TV.com.

Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

tjaman

[2]Mar 15, 2010
    • level: 32
    And there's also the "What Did You See?" recap scheduled for Tuesday night following the new "LOST" if anyone needs to catch up

giggs92

[3]Mar 17, 2010
    • level: 4

I quite liked this show at first, but I've forgotten a lot of it now as it is been off so long. Have to see what the new episode is like and if it grabs my attention again.

Hungry_Homer111

[4]Mar 18, 2010
    • level: 26
    This two-hour episode really did a lot to bring me back into this show after the long break, and did a lot to progress the story forward. I thought that it had a nice ballance between character moments and mythology moments. I really liked the whole sanctuary story, which added a new dimension to the whole dealing with the flashforwards aspect of the show. The story with Mark remembering the missing pieces of his flashforward was pretty interesting, and I liked how it tied together with the end of the Lloyd/Simon story. I'm looking forward to seeing more on how they end up working together (assuming nothing changes that). And speaking of the Lloyd/Simon story I really liked the whole story with Simon's uncle, how he was interrogating Lloyd and Simon. And the whole second hour did a great job of developing Simon's character, how he came to be involved with the whole conspiracy, his family, and moving his story forward in an interesting way. I'm looking forward to seeing where everything goes from here.

JBsVeryBadDay

[5]Mar 18, 2010
    • level: 6
    All I can say is "You may call me Flosso. I am a villain."

I'm really glad I rewatched the first ten eps on DVD within the past few weeks. This show is so good.

Bskball2004

[6]Mar 18, 2010
    • level: 5

i liked this new episode. i thought the development ofSimon'scharacter was very interesting and he became a very likable character. Llyod seems like he is hiding something big. It kind of reverses the roles of simon and llyod where llyod was the more likable character now he turn to the more shady character.

KingofIPirates

[7]Mar 18, 2010
    Decent episodes was relatively interesting for the most part though there were quite a few dull moments it was relatively interesting for the most part. The subplot/plot twist detailing Simon's involvement felt somewhat rushed if not a bit convoluted making it a little confusing regarding the nuances about the specifics regarding his role in all of this. Even so I really liked the short-lived character in Simon's uncle and he had the best performance in this one.

haldrey

[8]Mar 19, 2010
    • level: 22
    As good as ever but for me a little bit long, I have to watch it again because of that.

pgsuperfan

[9]Mar 19, 2010
    • level: 25

I watched last night for the first time because of basketball on CBS and I liked what I saw, since I had never watched before it took me a bitto get into it

ma_liky

[10]Mar 19, 2010
    • level: 13
    Hungry_Homer111 wrote:
    This two-hour episode really did a lot to bring me back into this show after the long break, and did a lot to progress the story forward. I thought that it had a nice ballance between character moments and mythology moments. I really liked the whole sanctuary story, which added a new dimension to the whole dealing with the flashforwards aspect of the show. The story with Mark remembering the missing pieces of his flashforward was pretty interesting, and I liked how it tied together with the end of the Lloyd/Simon story. I'm looking forward to seeing more on how they end up working together (assuming nothing changes that). And speaking of the Lloyd/Simon story I really liked the whole story with Simon's uncle, how he was interrogating Lloyd and Simon. And the whole second hour did a great job of developing Simon's character, how he came to be involved with the whole conspiracy, his family, and moving his story forward in an interesting way. I'm looking forward to seeing where everything goes from here.

Me too. This long break had me thinking in a wrong direction about this show, but this episode *and the special ep the night before* had brought up my addiction to it and I can not wait for next. Like I said at the beginning this show has the bet idea for a tv show I have ever seen. Remembering all the characters, and developing the strongest ones. Beautiful! Reminding us that it was a global thing and that it had affected everybody. Imagine how would you feel.
    One thing I think was to quick or to early was killing of the "middle man" so soon, in the first ep of spring semester. I loved it.

Jack146

[11]Mar 19, 2010
    • level: 11

Either I missed something or this episode contains a major blunder. From the very beginning, we have seen the F/F of both Olivia and Lloyd several times. Olivia is at the top of the stairs looking down at Lloyd sitting on the couch and facing away from her. He then turns to look at her but the F/F ends before he sees her face.

We have been told that is why she recognizes him but he doesn't recognize her. Now we see more of Mark's F/F as well as Lloyd's and we see Lloyd standing in Mark's bedroom with Olivia laying in the bed behind him. LLoyd is on the phone with Mark at the FBI.

Since we never see the full 2 minute 17 second F/F, this could be explained if after talking to Mark, Lloyd goes downstairs and sits on the couch and Olivia goes to the stairway to see what is wrong. Fine, but if that happened, Lloyd would have recognized Olivia when they first met at the hospital.

Which is it, a total blunder or did I miss something? Or is it something else?

KingofIPirates

[12]Mar 19, 2010
    He still probably never saw her/looked at her even after he got up from bed.

SVU_number_1fan

[13]Mar 19, 2010
    • level: 17
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    He still probably never saw her/looked at her even after he got up from bed.
    i think that he saw her in his flashfoard and then olivia saw a glimps of him and they r suppos to be lovers!!!

KingofIPirates

[14]Mar 20, 2010
    He didn't recognize her when they first met, only Olivia recognized him.

mattdayjr

[15]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 1

I put this in the 2 minutes 17 seconds thread, but this quote was said in the episode before the crazy lady burned the bible.

Genesis 2:17 But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Edited on 03/19/2010 11:22pm

antdude

[16]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 28
    Soso episode and I was expecting more.

Eric10301

[17]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 12

At this point I'm only continuing to watch FF because of Dominic Monaghan's character.

CharlesTheBold

[18]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 7

I think it's still supposed to be a big mystery. It would be very wierd for Lloyd to seduce Olivia, then immediately call Mark to discuss something else (unless he's setting up a fake alibi?) Also, we still don't know why Mark couldn't remember the phone call until now. As I proposed in another thread, I think somebody's been tampering with Mark's memory because the full memory may have important clues. Even the drinking might have been faked, to undermine Mark's self-confidence.

Some of the Simon plot was mysterious too. Why would Simon calmly greet and have dinner with an uncle who ordered his finger cut off? When he finally does strangle his uncle, he thinks through how to make it look like an accident. Fine, but how is he going to explain away the corpse in the trunk?

Also, I would think Janis would have no authority to arrest Simon in Toronto, sinceToronto is not a US city. Wouldn't she have to work through the Mounties?

KingofIPirates

[19]Mar 20, 2010
    CharlesTheBold wrote:
    When he finally does strangle his uncle, he thinks through how to make it look like an accident. Fine, but how is he going to explain away the corpse in the trunk?

Ummm.. lock it..

CharlesTheBold wrote:
    Also, I would think Janis would have no authority to arrest Simon in Toronto, sinceToronto is not a US city. Wouldn't she have to work through the Mounties?
    While they don't have any jurisdiction or authority they can be invited to participate through a joint-investigation which Mosaic happens to be for the most part.

antdude

[20]Mar 20, 2010
    • level: 28
    FYI, ABC is reairing this two hours episode tonight.