FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Official Discussion Thread: Revelation Zero (possible spoilers)

EJamison

[21]Mar 21, 2010
    • level: 17

I can buy a lot with sci-fi, but somehow I just can't believe that a ring could protect someone from the blackout. I wonder if thereis supposed to be anything significant about the ballpark except that Flosso knew Simon would get on camera there.

CharlesTheBold wrote:
    Also, I would think Janis would have no authority to arrest Simon in Toronto, sinceToronto is not a US city. Wouldn't she have to work through the Mounties?
    Simon questioned her authority and she pointed to the local cops behind and above him.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

UltraTraveler

[22]Mar 21, 2010
    • level: 9
    I like it when Simon becomes an alright guy. I wonder if Janis carries Simon's seed in her flashforward though that may be too farfetched.

ma_liky

[23]Mar 22, 2010
    • level: 13
    antdude wrote:
    Soso episode and I was expecting more.

And what did you expect?

haldrey

[24]Mar 22, 2010
    • level: 22
    EJamison wrote:

I can buy a lot with sci-fi, but somehow I just can't believe that a ring could protect someone from the blackout.>

In fiction, not only science fiction, you can do anything. In another show a ring protects, of all things, a 'vampire' from the light and in in Stargate you die, go into a coffin like thing and live again, and so on.

ma_liky

[25]Mar 22, 2010

haldrey wrote:
    EJamison wrote:

I can buy a lot with sci-fi, but somehow I just can't believe that a ring could protect someone from the blackout.>

In fiction, not only science fiction, you can do anything. In another show a ring protects, of all things, a 'vampire' from the light and in in Stargate you die, go into a coffin like thing and live again, and so on.
    Who ever conducted the experiment had to be prepared for what was going to happen, and that means they have to protect themselves from it. It was one of the possibility . Cause the experiment is in a nuclear/electron base (small particles) form, so you have to have an protective shield on the same base. Electrons can not be seen by a human eye, and the protection could be a ring made of some subatomic particles that annul each other. So ring is a very possible way of protection.

Edited on 03/22/2010 10:45am

kanniballl

[26]Mar 22, 2010
    • level: 18

Jack146 wrote:

Either I missed something or this episode contains a major blunder. From the very beginning, we have seen the F/F of both Olivia and Lloyd several times. Olivia is at the top of the stairs looking down at Lloyd sitting on the couch and facing away from her. He then turns to look at her but the F/F ends before he sees her face.

We have been told that is why she recognizes him but he doesn't recognize her. Now we see more of Mark's F/F as well as Lloyd's and we see Lloyd standing in Mark's bedroom with Olivia laying in the bed behind him. LLoyd is on the phone with Mark at the FBI.

Since we never see the full 2 minute 17 second F/F, this could be explained if after talking to Mark, Lloyd goes downstairs and sits on the couch and Olivia goes to the stairway to see what is wrong. Fine, but if that happened, Lloyd would have recognized Olivia when they first met at the hospital.

Which is it, a total blunder or did I miss something? Or is it something else?

I believe in the Pilot, we did see Lloyd in the bedroom but they never saw eachother's face. I think his flashforward started with him getting out of the bed or standing in from of the bed.

I don't recall him getting a text but it's been a while.

Then he goes downstairds and Olivia eventually follows and sees him sitting in the Living Room couch.

ummhaniyyah

[27]Mar 23, 2010
    • level: 8

Re Lloyd and Olivia. There may just be a difference in plot between the pilot and the subsequent episodes but it may be that Lloyd never does see her face, but hears her voice and feels recognizes her presence later on and by those things is convinced that Olivia was the woman he was with in his FlashForward. His visit to the Bentford house to retrieve his son would also have convinced him, since he would recognize the house.

Lloyd and Olivia as lovers - they seem to be more than that in the FlashForward. Remember that their daughter tells Lloyd's son that her house is his house, too, so at the very least they are living together as a family, at most Olivia has divorced Mark and married Lloyd. In other words, when he speaks to Mark on the phone it isn't after Lloyd has had some hook-up with Olivia, but after an interlude with his long-term partner/wife in what is now his bed.

I found it really weird that Flosso is so indirect with both Lloyd and Simon at first. If someone were paying me the big bucks to get results I would have pretty quickly gotten to threatening Lloyd's son, the one person he probably would tell all to protect vs. Simon who is a colleague, but someone who at times he doesn't even like much. For Simon, the people he would obviously do anything for are family members, so using his sister as Leverage up front may have been smarter for Flosso. But, then again, perhaps there just isn't enough suspense in that.

I had found Simon's character annoying and had barely wanted to follow his storyline at first. Now, he's much more compelling. An unknown. Though, not letting yourself be pushed around (plus a homicidal streak) and always getting even won't necessarily make for good outcomes.

Re Flosso and Simon. Simon didn't throw a fit when he saw him, but their embrace was obviously fake and as the night went on Simon had more and more trouble containing his contempt for Flosso. The deceit was for the benefit of his family (who really do think of Flosso as a loving uncle) and for Janis (as he'd have a lot to explain to the FBI if he revealed who Flosso really was and so his part in the FF plot).

Simon and Janis do seem to have chemistry, so we'll have to see what happens, although I think she's been pretty firmly identified as lesbian so far.

gilgamish55

[28]Mar 24, 2010
    • level: 5
    Dominic Monaghan was great in this episode. Good to see more depth and rhythm on the show.

ma_liky

[30]Mar 25, 2010
    CharlesTheBold wrote:

After suffocating Flosso, Simon muses that he can explain the bruises and make it seem that Flosso (who had emphasema) died of natural causes. Fine. So how is he going to explain the corpse in the car trunk less than 20 feet away?

Lock it! Why would anyone look in his trunk? He died of natural causes, later he is going to take it, to maybe return it and get professor home.

II_Seraphim_II

[31]Mar 26, 2010
    • level: 6
    The 2hr premiere was a step up from the previous episodes but still a little weak. The show writers clearly have great ideas in their heads, they are just unable to put them on screen in an exciting manner. The show's writing needs to be more concise and the characters need to be developed some more.

This is an ensemble cast show with a main plot line and various side plots (like LOST). In shows of this manner, character development is very important because with so many characters and subplots, we have to like the characters in order to care. The writers here seem more concerned with fleshing out the story than the characters who inhabit it.

We'll see how it progresses....