FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Possible Proof That the FlashForwards Aren't the Same Time

copygeek

[1]Oct 31, 2009
    • level: 13

In the recent episode, Scary Monsters and Super Creeps, they once again show Agent Gough's FlashForward in London where he is working with an MI6 agent, Fiona Banks, on a case. In that FlashForward, the sun is up in London, UK. Up until now, many have suggested that the FFs have been showing the same time of day on April 29th/30th. However, if it is 10 PM in Los Angeles for Mark's FF, that would mean it would have to be 5 AM in London on April 30th, which is 8 hours ahead of LA. There are two problems with this:

1. Why would Gough and Fiona Banks be up working on a case at 5 AM

2. The sun doesn't actually rise in London, UK on April 30th until 535 AM Local Time

Therefore, if the FFs ARE supposed to be showing the same moment on April 29th/30th, it would still be dark in Agent Gough's and Fiona Banks' FF. Also, I'm not sure if in the first or second episode if Gough mentioned whether or not his FF was supposed to be on April 29th or April 30th. That might actually make a difference, since if he did say it was April 30th, then it may just be an error on the part of the directors/producers that there was so much daylight in Gough's FF.

Edited on 10/31/2009 11:08am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jrosace92

[2]Oct 31, 2009
    • level: 7
    maybe the case was that important that they would be up so early in the morning. Plus try re-doing the math on that one, 10 PM plus 8 hours is 6 AM not 5

KingofIPirates

[3]Oct 31, 2009
    • level: 32
    jrosace92 wrote:
    Plus try re-doing the math on that one, 10 PM plus 8 hours is 6 AM not 5
    That's most definitely true

copygeek

[4]Oct 31, 2009
    • level: 13

jrosace92 wrote:
    maybe the case was that important that they would be up so early in the morning. Plus try re-doing the math on that one, 10 PM plus 8 hours is 6 AM not 5

Damn! I thought I was being clever! Foiled by my own bad math skills!

mimisc2009

[5]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 9
    I also believe that the flashforwards were actually not at the same time coz in Llyod and Olivia's flashforward there were children laughing in the background - which I can assume are their kids - but why is Olivia's daughter acting like she saw something horrific in her flashforward

KingofIPirates

[6]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 32
    We still haven't seen the full 137 second flashforward of anyone, only 30 second windows at the most.

DarthFreeza

[7]Nov 2, 2009
    • level: 23
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    We still haven't seen the full 137 second flashforward of anyone, only 30 second windows at the most.
    Exactly. We still only have partial details of each person's flashfoward. They could probably spend the entire rest of the season just showing the remaining 100 seconds of each character's flashfoward.

mafiaboi89

[8]Nov 5, 2009
    • level: 3

There is one thing that makes me wonder about the time of a FF. In her FF, Janis is having a pre-natal scan...at 10 PM really?! o.O Those are by appointment and I doubt that it is that requested that they have appointments so late at night.

Maybe I'm just ignorant on the subject

**EDIT**

Here's something else! I just remembered something that complicates the rest: during the ceremony, the sun was way up in the sky! Since no sane person has a wedding ceremony at 8 am its gotta be between 12 and 5 pm about. But in LA it was 10 pm! In Hawaii it would be 7 PM and we would see the sun down especially in April, in Europe it would be around 6/7/8 AM depending, which leaves the Australian -ish time zone where it's around 3 PM but they wouldn't go so far for a wedding ceremony, Hawaii or the tropics seems more appropriate. Fiji Islands if you want something different, but Australia sounds... too far! And I can't think of any other tropical paradise in that time zone.

Here if you want to make your own calc. (for LA go in USA - CA - LA) http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Edited on 11/06/2009 12:40am
    Edited 2 total times.