FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

She's a lesbian...

SupremeLegate

[21]Oct 24, 2009
    • level: 13
    encmetalhead wrote:
    just for the record, i have nothing against it. I was just saying it was going to be interesting because she's going to have a baby somehow

I don't think anyone who is seriously discussing this has a problem with the fact that she is a lesbian, and would agree her getting pregnant is more interesting now.

It is just the why the writers went this route and how they are handling it.

I for one will wait and see, maybe we will learn something in a later episode that will help explain things.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

copygeek

[22]Oct 24, 2009

I don't have any problem with the fact that Janis was revealed as a lesbian, but I agree with some of the sentiments in the thread that the writers have handled this storyline in VERY clumsy way that made the story seem uncomfortable to watch. For instance, it takes me a couple of on screen introductions before I can really recognize a new character so I didn't realize immediately that the girl Janis was dating was the same girl she was talking to at the martial arts studio. When they were on the date it just seemed way out of left field. It might have been better to have Janis and the girl talk after the class and arrange to meet up for the date, maybe even give each other flirtatious glances or something. The way the date was presented left me with this feeling like I had just been dropped into the middle of some ongoing story that I didn't see the beginning of.

And then, when the girl talks about Mosaic-ing Janis, since we didn't get any build up on the relationship it does come off as really needy and obsessive, and so it feels really out of place since the two were getting along so well up to that point. I think the writers tried to cram a two or three episode relationship arc into one episode and it just didn't feel right.

SupremeLegate

[23]Oct 24, 2009
    I was just watching White Collor on USA, and they also have a Lesbian FBI agent. The thing is when the character of Neal asked about it, Neal: Don't you have a policy about that?
    Peter: Thats the Military, we don't ask don't care.

Which makes me wonder, if that really is the FBI policy then why does it matter if Janis keeps her orentation secret from the FBI?

LEFant44

[24]Oct 25, 2009
    • level: 7

Metusion wrote:
    If it were 2 guys making out everyone would be totally freaked out, but 2 girls is ok?? ...

Brothers and Sisters, another ABC show, has a gay male couple who make out frequently and no one seems to be freaking out.

SupremeLegate

[25]Oct 26, 2009
    LEFant44 wrote:

Metusion wrote:
    If it were 2 guys making out everyone would be totally freaked out, but 2 girls is ok?? ...

Brothers and Sisters, another ABC show, has a gay male couple who make out frequently and no one seems to be freaking out.

I guess we are more progressive than I had thought.