FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

The plot has no sense !

  • Avatar of mastercasey3004

    mastercasey3004

    [21]Oct 7, 2009
    • member since: 02/19/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 137

    The one thing that has puzzled me since the start was that all these people had a flashforward and saw either the future or a memory from the future, but not one person in the future went oh this is that day I remember from my flashforward (its not like they would have forgotten about it in six months would it) not even the odd oooo de ja vu

    The other stuff doesn't really bog me down because its always been the constant questions about seeing the future - if you see something and you try to prevent would you have already done those things to reach that point in the future and thus would mean it remains the same. Or does seeing the future mean you can change it because you know what you will be doing so you stay off from work that day. Its always been the arguments and paradox's that will befuddle people until seeing the future becomes true.

    But it does puzzle me that no one in the flashforward rememebered that today is the day I saw in my vision. You can't say they don't know about the flashforward because the cop is looking into the flashforward so it happened. The only thing I can think of is that it was not a memory and peoples conciousnesses were transported into the future so it was present day concious in future body and thus they were not quite with it (but then that has holes too - why were people acting like they were in the future? where did the future conciousness go?) So really I just think its a wierd plothole.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KingofIPirates

    KingofIPirates

    [22]Oct 7, 2009
    • member since: 08/11/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 45,832
    mastercasey3004 wrote:
    The one thing that has puzzled me since the start was that all these people had a flashforward and saw either the future or a memory from the future, but not one person in the future went oh this is that day I remember from my flashforward (its not like they would have forgotten about it in six months would it) not even the odd oooo de ja vu

    So you expect them to see themselves remembering about the flashforward they had in the past during said flashforward. Note that the flashforward only showed bits of relatively random and sometimes disconnected images. Not to mention you can remember something without giving off verbal or 'obvious' physical expressions.. I don't even think there's a specific 'Oh I remember face' unless you count sign language as a recognizeable indication of recovered memory.

    mastercasey3004 wrote:

    The other stuff doesn't really bog me down because its always been the constant questions about seeing the future - if you see something and you try to prevent would you have already done those things to reach that point in the future and thus would mean it remains the same.

    Granted it's only a memory, it's not like they literally traveled to the future. Even so your suggestion is possible as it is basically course-correcting and some shows don't allow the possibility of changing the future but we don't know whether this show will follow this formula or not.
    mastercasey3004 wrote:
    Or does seeing the future mean you can change it because you know what you will be doing so you stay off from work that day.
    That's basically the opposite of course-correcting and so when you change the future your create an alternate timeline in which certain events didn't take place in the future that you changed.

    mastercasey3004 wrote:
    But it does puzzle me that no one in the flashforward rememebered that today is the day I saw in my vision. You can't say they don't know about the flashfor
    ward because the cop is looking into the flashforward so it happened. The only thing I can think of is that it was not a memory and peoples conciousnesses were transported into the future so it was present day concious in future body and thus they were not quite with it (but then that has holes too - why were people acting like they were in the future? where did the future conciousness go?) So really I just think its a wierd plothole.
    Not a plothole as explained above.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mastercasey3004

    mastercasey3004

    [23]Oct 7, 2009
    • member since: 02/19/06
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 137
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    So you expect them to see themselves remembering about the flashforward they had in the past during said flashforward. Note that the flashforward only showed bits of relatively random and sometimes disconnected images. Not to mention you can remember something without giving off verbal or 'obvious' physical expressions.. I don't even think there's a specific 'Oh I remember face' unless you count sign language as a recognizeable indication of recovered memory. Not a plothole as explained above.
    I do expect them to remember something when they were having their flashforward - and to say that they were flashes and feeling - it wasn't they have stated that it was over a full 2 minutes of memory, feelings, expressions, everything. So since in the future they all know about their flashforward then logically they would at least remember the sequence of events that happen during the flashforward. For example Joseph Fiennes looks shocked to see the men in masks coming through the door - when in actual fact he should have realised the time and had his gun out ready with some cover. So unfortunately - due to the fact that this is my opinion you have not explained it for me sorry
    Edited on 10/07/2009 1:02pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KingofIPirates

    KingofIPirates

    [24]Oct 7, 2009
    • member since: 08/11/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 45,832
    mastercasey3004 wrote:
    I do expect them to remember something when they were having their flashforward - and to say that they were flashes and feeling - it wasn't they have stated that it was over a full 2 minutes of memory, feelings, expressions, everything. So since in the future they all know about their flashforward then logically they would at least remember the sequence of events that happen during the flashforward. For example Joseph Fiennes looks shocked to see the men in masks coming through the door - when in actual fact he should have realised the time and had his gun out ready with some cover. So unfortunately - due to the fact that this is my opinion you have not explained it for me sorry
    Their futureselves might remember but that doesn't mean that they will be shown remembering during their flashforward as it only lasted roughly two minutes.

    Oh I think I see what you mean.
    Based on the fact they've already seen their futures and the date when those events took place they should be able to predict what's going to happen. While that may work 'on paper' you can't necessarily predict what may happen prior to the events (that they saw) that could affect them mentally to the point their so distracted they don't even realize they've already seen these events.

    Case in point the bus you usually take to go to work comes everyday at exactly 4:30 pm. You go across the street for a soda and as your coming back from across the street to get to the bus stop a car crashes a few feet from you at 4:28 pm. Your so distracted and shocked by the fact of your near death encounter and the carnage you've just witnessed that you don't notice the bus having arrived leaving the stop.
    Edited on 10/08/2009 9:36am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Sirius452

    Sirius452

    [25]Oct 8, 2009
    • member since: 03/10/07
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 1,061

    Maybe the flashforward the cop saw was slightly different than the flashforward the cop in his flashforward saw. Hence the suprise.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ksyme99

    ksyme99

    [26]Oct 8, 2009
    • member since: 04/22/03
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 55

    Have to say I ama bit worried about how they are going to continue with this. I quite enjoy time travel type programs - they require a lot of thinking and are usually very satisfying, as long as they make sense. What I don't like so far is the fact that, as others are saying, no one seems to care in the flash forward that this is indeed they date they have been talking about for 6 months. Definitely thought there would be more along those lines.

    Also, I am a beilever of if it happens in the past, it happened in the future - in other words you can't change what has already happened. Basically it means that the fact that everyone thinks they can change their future - they can't. Becasue in the flash forward they have already seen the flash forward and tried to change it. Basically it's circular - if something happened becasue you changed something - you will always change that thing and it will always happen...

    But I will follow it for a bit longer - quite entertaining and curious to see how they will end it.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.