FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Theory *Spoilers

ma_liky

[1]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 13

WOW!!!

This episode A561984 was amazing, unbelievable great! Fantastic!! Best to the writters. This show is the best thing that could have happened on the television this Fall. After Al killed himself I taught they were geting lost and that this idea for the show was to big for the writers, that they couldn't handle it. But I was wrong. From the beginning I thought this show had to do something with the new ideas in physics that are now present and are discussed (string theory, parallel universes) but to actually put them in a TV show so we can relate to it, so many people hear for them. Beautiful!!

Now on to my theory. This is what I thing happened. D. Gibbins,(some kind of evil scientist) knew when the experiment (Lloyd, Simon) was to take place, and their experiment was on the smaller base (couldn't have been global), used their experiment as a cover up to his own, witch he had done on much global scale and gave everybody their trip to the parallel universe... flashforwards... I think he opened some kind of portal to the parallel universe for 2min and 17sec. Lloyd said to Olivia, that now days scientists believe (and this is true) that anything that could have happened actually did happened but in some other universe, so all around us there are these parallel universes witch could be every possible scenario for everybody. So what if flashforwards are/were the windows to those universes. Everybody had a look not into the future but in to a parallel universe. So what I am trying to say is that what everybody saw is not something that is going to happened but that it DID happened in other universe. And that some of the flashforwards are going to come true cause some people will make decisions that will get them there but some will not. Like Al's, he committed suicide so that his flashforward don't come true, and he taught that he had changed the future. But actually he didn't, cause the flasforward for that English woman hadn't changed she has the same flashforward as she did with Al in it. Why? Cause it had already happened. I think that the experiment that D.Gibbins did didn't work. I think his agenda was much bigger then just giving people flashforwards, or this is/was part of upcoming experiment that is much bigger. It is a mindblowing thing to think about but I love it.

This is a GreaT show. If they cancel it ... it would be the StupidesT thing to do in the history of the television.

Peace

Edited on 12/03/2009 9:21am
    Edited 2 total times.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[2]Dec 3, 2009
    • level: 32
    Interesting theory, you definitely have a valid point though I don't think D. Gibbons used their experiment as a cover. If they hadn't confessed the FBI would've still been further in the dark in regards to who was responsible and D. Gibbons would've had to rely solely on the notion that they'd have the courage to confess to one of the worst disasters in human history.

ma_liky

[3]Dec 4, 2009
    Well I don't think he wanted to blame them (evil scientists want all the glory for them self) but just to buy more time, for the next stage of his experiment maybe. If the experiment Lloyd and Simon conducted wasn't in some way similar why would Lloyd think that they had something to do with flashforwards and the disaster. He must think, well actually know, what would be the side effects of his experiment, in some way. And he taught that their experiment in some way caused the catastrophe. And there were to many people involved in Lloyd/Simon experiment to keep it a secret someone would talk sooner or later. I think D.G. was counting on that. But maybe I am wrong. This is just how it fits in my mind everything I had seen so far.We are missing the bigger picture here, and that is what D. Gibbons wanted to achieve? That is the mystery. And a good mystery that is.

ocean58

[4]Dec 5, 2009
    • level: 53
    Really good theorie, especially I like the part that D. Gibbons might have used Lloyd/Simon experiment to cover his own. And I think Simon might have some connection to the mysterious physicists D. Gibbons and he is not telling the whole truth at FBI. But if we have a parallel universe and we see a glimpse of it through the opened window, should the happenings not be at the same time (parallel) as in our own universe; Why is the time difference of six months, what do you think?

ma_liky

[5]Dec 5, 2009
    Well I think that in life we have choices that we make as we go, some small some big, and that choices define our future. But when we make a choice all other choices that we could have made are gone, we can't go back and undo what we did. But, I think that in parallel universe we made those choices, for every choice (possibility) there is another universe, so there are millions and millions of parallel universes where life is continued. And our future is different in every universe. I think that opening a portal to the parallel universe we actually don't know where we are going to end up, past or future or present time. Cause time doesn't really exist the way we picture it, time as we know it just there to help us measure and count. We could end up anywhere, past future or present, cause we don't know what universe we are opening.

II_Seraphim_II

[8]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 6
    I have a feeling that later on we will realize that D Gibbons is actually a good guy, not a bad guy.

InvasionFanbOy

[9]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 8

@ma_liky

we could not have seen the same episode, i fell asleep, yeah thats how exciting it was. when the new season of lost airs, flashawkward will beforgotten....

TidalWaveRider

[10]Dec 11, 2009
    • level: 2
    InvasionFanbOy wrote:

@ma_liky

we could not have seen the same episode, i fell asleep, yeah thats how exciting it was. when the new season of lost airs, flashawkward will beforgotten....

Whoa there, dude. I'm curious about why you don't like this series. Of couse, I agree with you that Lost is LEVELS above FlashForward. And, like you, I have mixed feelings about this series. The plot doesn't always add up (an FBI agent has to kill himself before we realize the future can be changed?), the characters are likeable but not really interesting, and the pacing sometimes slows to a crawl (did you fall asleep during the scenes with Mark's wife? I always snooze when she shows up). However, FF is only in its freshman's season and has demonstrated considerable ability to peel the story slowly but in a suspenseful and fascinating way. The dramatic and compelling tone of the series, the interesting science fiction concepts that are discussed, and the core storyline about flashing forward, are reasons why this show should stick around. Give it some leeway. There's much worse crap on television, and most of it isn't Sci-Fi.

Edited on 12/11/2009 10:54pm
    Edited 2 total times.

ma_liky

[11]Jan 20, 2010

After talking to some people on different forums I came to a little diferent conclusion. There was some thing that had been bugging me in my first theory, and that is the time line and one way of the portal.

I want to share with you what I think, and any ideas would be great.

This is what I think. I think that the starting point is April 29. That all started then not in October. Like I said before D.Gibbins find a way to open some kind of portal to the parallel universe, and he has been traveling through in several ocasions cause he had to make "doors" in both universes. Plasma tower in Somalia.

I think that flashforwards are the last memories of people from the other universe (4/29) somehow, in the moment of opening the portal to this universe (10/6), those memories were written and remembered by the people in this universe. that is why Mark saw him self drinking cause in the universe of 4/29 he never stoped and Olivia had left him and met Lloyd.

But there is still a big question of WHY?