FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Unofficial Discussion Thread: Pilot (Spoilers)

buffyangel4evr_

[41]Sep 27, 2009
    • level: 20
    miss_wierd wrote:
    Sirius452 wrote:

I thought it was good, and I'll keep watching. I don't remember any of the character's names yet, so I wouldn't call it great.

Huh? What does that mean? In order for the show to be great you have to remember the character's names?

I can't remember most of the character's names either. that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the show. In fact, I loved it and am eagerly anticipating the next episode.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

jrosace92

[42]Sep 27, 2009
    • level: 7
    I thought the start of this show was good. Now that everyone is saying it, i can understand how its weird that people weren't flipping out about the future thing, they just kind of accepted it. I also think the little girl is gonna be important and she is gonna be creepy throughout the show because the way she said "No more good days" was creepy.

Also, I hope they don't get rid of John Cho too early, i like that dude. In the preview to the next episodes at the end of the first episode, he was with his fiance and she said that she saw their wedding and he was there so I dont know what that could mean.

Another thing i thought was funny was how much crazy stuff is going to happen on April 29 lol

DarthFreeza

[43]Sep 27, 2009
    • level: 23
    buffyangel4evr_ wrote:
    miss_wierd wrote:
    Sirius452 wrote:

I thought it was good, and I'll keep watching. I don't remember any of the character's names yet, so I wouldn't call it great.

Huh? What does that mean? In order for the show to be great you have to remember the character's names?

I can't remember most of the character's names either. that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the show. In fact, I loved it and am eagerly anticipating the next episode.

I think that what Sirus452 meant was that none of the characters were memorable enough for him/her to remember their names after the episode ended. I felt the same way. I had a bit of a problem connecting with alot of the characters too. But in time I'm sure the characters names will begin to stick in my mind.

Starprincess13

[44]Sep 27, 2009
    • level: 24
    I liked the pilot. It wasn't amazing (some parts seemed a little too cheesy for my taste) but was good enough to keep me interested. I find that a lot of pilots aren't that great and shows need a couple of episodes to really figure out what it's about and where it's going to go. I think this show has a lot of potential and I will be definitely be turning in for the next few episodes to see if it gets even better. I also hope they don't kill off John Cho's character since I liked what I saw of him in this episode.

Sirius452

[45]Sep 27, 2009
    • level: 10
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    buffyangel4evr_ wrote:
    miss_wierd wrote:
    Sirius452 wrote:

I think that what Sirus452 meant was that none of the characters were memorable enough for him/her to remember their names after the episode ended. I felt the same way. I had a bit of a problem connecting with alot of the characters too. But in time I'm sure the characters names will begin to stick in my mind.

Yes, that's what I meant. No one really stuck out in my mind. I know most of their names now though.

And I hope they keep John C. around too, I like him.

SPDShadowRanger

[46]Sep 27, 2009
    • level: 72
    The only reason why I decided to watch this was because I saw the pictures of all the destruction and got interested even more after hearing stuff about seeing the future. I was at work so I did have to watch it the next day, but I was surprised. I actually loved it. This sit he first primetime show I've watched in forever.

Chaos_Zombie

[47]Sep 28, 2009
    I don't understand why people think John Choo will die. I think he's being billed as a main character too much for him to bow out after one season. I'm sure there will be an explanation as to why he didn't see anything and like the other guy said, in the preview his fiancee says she saw him at their wedding. It'll be an interesting storyline to follow but I'm sure the writers wouldn't kill him off in one season.

killerclown126

[48]Sep 28, 2009
    • level: 5

Does anybody else think that maybe the flashforwards are self fulfilling prophercies and that they will only happen because people saw them happen. I mean, the only reason Mark made the Mosaic Collective is because he saw himself making it.

And maybe...if sombody made the flashforward happen, they created them knowing that people would do as they saw, so that what they created is what they wanted to come true.

And did anbody notice one of the FBI say that planes are crashing down on "LA X". LA X is the airport that the plane from LOST would be going if they didn't crash on the Island. And if anybody watched Lost, they'd know that at the end of season 5, the survivors tried to redo history and make their plane land safely in LA X. All these Lost connections and the fact that somebody working on the show or from ABC said that "FlashForward is going to be a companion to the final season of Lost" kinda scares me. What about if they are in the same universe and the ending of Lost effects FlashForward? What about if the survivors of Flight 815 redo history but crash at LA X because of the FlashForwards (probably not)?

Edited on 09/28/2009 7:03am

KingofIPirates

[49]Sep 28, 2009
    • level: 32
    killerclown126 wrote:
    Does anybody else think that maybe the flashforwards are self fulfilling prophercies and that they will only happen because people saw them happen. I mean, the only reason Mark made the Mosaic Collective is because he saw himself making it.And maybe...if sombody made the flashforward happen, they created them knowing that people would do as they saw, so that what they created is what they wanted to come true.

Only problem with that theory is that if you happened to have a bad flashforward you'd do almost anything to try and avoid it.
    killerclown126 wrote:

And did anbody notice one of the FBI say that planes are crashing down on "LA X". LA X is the airport that the plane from LOST would be going if they didn't crash on the Island. And if anybody watched Lost, they'd know that at the end of season 5, the survivors tried to redo history and make their plane land safely in LA X.
    Didn't notice, good observation.
    killerclown126 wrote:
    All these Lost connections and the fact that somebody working on the show or from ABC said that "FlashForward is going to be a companion to the final season of Lost" kinda scares me.

Scares you?

gingepie

[50]Sep 28, 2009
    • level: 1
    I know why John Cho didn't see anything in his FlashForward. He was the guy that is AWAKE.

Its all in the way he moves.

WATCH HIM.

I'll eat my hat if this isn't the case, death is TOO obvious.

DarthFreeza

[51]Sep 28, 2009
    • level: 23
    gingepie wrote:
    I know why John Cho didn't see anything in his FlashForward. He was the guy that is AWAKE.

Its all in the way he moves.

WATCH HIM.

I'll eat my hat if this isn't the case, death is TOO obvious.
    That presents two problems:

. If he was the guy who was awake then how did he get from the scene of the car crash to the baseball stadium and back in less than 2 minutes?

. Why would he tell people that he didn't have a flashfoward? Isn't the more logical thing to do lie and say that you did have a flashfoward?

BrennanBabb

[52]Sep 28, 2009
    • level: 1
    If you are quick you will notice in the scene where they are in the car and are taking photos you will see a billboard of the oceanic flight from lost.

Moriarte

[53]Sep 28, 2009
    • level: 2

DarthFreeza wrote:
    That presents two problems: . If he was the guy who was awake then how did he get from the scene of the car crash to the baseball stadium and back in less than 2 minutes?

Whist I don't think that he is the person in at the baseball stadium, I think he may be on of 'them'. Hinting at a group of people aware/responsible for the flash forwards. During the blackout, he was in the passenger side of the car, and if memory serves, wasn't wearing a seatbelt either. Despite the fact that the car has flipped and is suitably crushed, he turns up on the other side of the road some time later with noticeably few injuries.

As everyone was blacked out for exactly the same amount of time, then surely there would have been signs of him pulling free at the same time during the opening scenes? Instead it's likely he either took a diving roll, or pulled himself free at an earlier opportunity, whilst everyone was still under.

DarthFreeza wrote:
    Why would he tell people that he didn't have a flashfoward? Isn't the more logical thing to do lie and say that you did have a flashfoward?

Some reasons why this may not be the case:

Lying wouldn't work if your story could somehow be confirmed with anyone else present. It would have been 10am where he worked, so why would he be anywhere on his own if he was working on the case? Any made up story would be considered 'evidence' of sorts due to his involvement. Plus, the simplest lies are the easiest to keep.

By saying he didn't have one, it opens up a further questions, rather than providing answers. As the next episode promo apparantly shows, his wife-to-be saw them together during hers. This would point to further evidence that he never actually blacked out, and therefore never saw his future. By lying that he saw nothing, anyone listening to his fiance will assume that he simply couldn't remember or experienced something different. Whereas had he said he was in a brightly lit room on his own (for example) some suspicion would be raised on the differing accounts.

I think our boy Cho has more to him than we've currently seen...

Starprincess13

[54]Sep 28, 2009
    • level: 24
    Moriarte wrote:

DarthFreeza wrote:
    That presents two problems: . If he was the guy who was awake then how did he get from the scene of the car crash to the baseball stadium and back in less than 2 minutes?

Whist I don't think that he is the person in at the baseball stadium, I think he may be on of 'them'. Hinting at a group of people aware/responsible for the flash forwards. During the blackout, he was in the passenger side of the car, and if memory serves, wasn't wearing a seatbelt either. Despite the fact that the car has flipped and is suitably crushed, he turns up on the other side of the road some time later with noticeably few injuries.

As everyone was blacked out for exactly the same amount of time, then surely there would have been signs of him pulling free at the same time during the opening scenes? Instead it's likely he either took a diving roll, or pulled himself free at an earlier opportunity, whilst everyone was still under.

DarthFreeza wrote:
    Why would he tell people that he didn't have a flashfoward? Isn't the more logical thing to do lie and say that you did have a flashfoward?

Lying wouldn't work if your story could somehow be confirmed with anyone else present. It would have been 10am where he worked, so why would he be anywhere on his own if he was working on the case? Any made up story would be considered 'evidence' of sorts due to his involvement. Plus, the simplest lies are the easiest to keep.

By saying he didn't have one, it opens up a further questions, rather than providing answers. As the next episode promo apparantly shows, his wife-to-be saw them together during hers. This would point to further evidence that he never actually blacked out, and therefore never saw his future. By lying that he saw nothing, anyone listening to his fiance will assume that he simply couldn't remember or experienced something different. Whereas had he said he was in a brightly lit room on his own (for example) some suspicion would be raised on the differing accounts.

You've brought up some really interesting points and an excellent theory. I was also suspicious about Cho appearing on the other side of the road and wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that he's involved.

tjaman

[55]Sep 29, 2009
    I was really impressed with this episode, and thought it was a really exciting idea for a show. More detailed review in my podcast. Enjoy!

Chaos_Zombie

[56]Sep 29, 2009
    Moriarte wrote:

DarthFreeza wrote:

DarthFreeza wrote:

Ah, good points and nice catch. I remember when I saw him on the other side of the road I wondered why that was and thought it suspicious. I forgot about it though and didn't piece it together with his lack of a flashforward. Just another example of how much I love the intrigue of this show and can't wait to watch more. Thursday can't come fast enough!

killerclown126

[57]Sep 30, 2009
    • level: 5

Yeah, but he said that he blacked out just like everybody else and woke up on the other side of the road.

Watch the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A6FeFtLqoE

Edited on 09/30/2009 9:32pm

Bisrossk

[58]Oct 1, 2009
    • level: 9

jrosace92 wrote:
    ...I also think the little girl is gonna be important and she is gonna be creepy throughout the show because the way she said "No more good days" was creepy

I thought that was the worst line in the pilot."I had a bad dream. I dreamt there were no more good days..." Who says s**t like that? It's just a ridiculous thing to say. I know they wanted it to sound creepy, but it was a pretty embarassing attempt.

KingofIPirates

[59]Oct 1, 2009
    Bisrossk wrote:
    Who says s**t like that?
    Uh.. kids...

Chaos_Zombie

[60]Oct 1, 2009

KingofIPirates wrote:
    Bisrossk wrote:
    Who says s**t like that?
    Uh.. kids...

Yeah, I was going to say that. Kids say things like that, especially ones as young as she looks. If it were an adult saying it then yeah, you'd have a bone to pick with the dialogue.