FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Unofficial Discussion Thread: Pilot (Spoilers)

  • Avatar of jrosace92

    jrosace92

    [61]Oct 1, 2009
    • member since: 01/27/09
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 422
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    gingepie wrote:
    I know why John Cho didn't see anything in his FlashForward. He was the guy that is AWAKE.

    Its all in the way he moves.

    WATCH HIM.

    I'll eat my hat if this isn't the case, death is TOO obvious.
    That presents two problems:

    . If he was the guy who was awake then how did he get from the scene of the car crash to the baseball stadium and back in less than 2 minutes?

    . Why would he tell people that he didn't have a flashfoward? Isn't the more logical thing to do lie and say that you did have a flashfoward?


    Here's the thing, we don't know how far away the stadium was from where he crashed, plus, Mark (main guy) actually saw him quite a bit after the blackout. And saying he didn't have a flashfoward in a way makes more sense because he can make a big deal and obsess over it, which would make people think he really didn't see anything. This is working so far on Mark. Another thing is the way the camera looks at him during unnecessary times and shows him being a little bit nervous and shifty is kind of a director's way of foreshadowing.

    Now, on the other hand, a simple way of explaining why he didn't see anything is this. After the pilot, there was a preview of whats to come and it showed his fiance telling him that she saw their wedding. An easy and unexciting explanation is that he just fainted from being nervous at his wedding, and that is why he didnt see anything lol
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jrosace92

    jrosace92

    [62]Oct 1, 2009
    • member since: 01/27/09
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 422
    Chaos_Zombie wrote:
    Moriarte wrote:

    DarthFreeza wrote:
    That presents two problems: . If he was the guy who was awake then how did he get from the scene of the car crash to the baseball stadium and back in less than 2 minutes?

    Whist I don't think that he is the person in at the baseball stadium, I think he may be on of 'them'. Hinting at a group of people aware/responsible for the flash forwards. During the blackout, he was in the passenger side of the car, and if memory serves, wasn't wearing a seatbelt either. Despite the fact that the car has flipped and is suitably crushed, he turns up on the other side of the road some time later with noticeably few injuries.

    As everyone was blacked out for exactly the same amount of time, then surely there would have been signs of him pulling free at the same time during the opening scenes? Instead it's likely he either took a diving roll, or pulled himself free at an earlier opportunity, whilst everyone was still under.

    DarthFreeza wrote:
    Why would he tell people that he didn't have a flashfoward? Isn't the more logical thing to do lie and say that you did have a flashfoward?

    Some reasons why this may not be the case:

    Lying wouldn't work if your story could somehow be confirmed with anyone else present. It would have been 10am where he worked, so why would he be anywhere on his own if he was working on the case? Any made up story would be considered 'evidence' of sorts due to his involvement. Plus, the simplest lies are the easiest to keep.

    By saying he didn't have one, it opens up a further questions, rather than providing answers. As the next episode promo apparantly shows, his wife-to-be saw them together during hers. This would point to further evidence that he never actually blacked out, and therefore never saw his future. By lying that he saw nothing, anyone listening to his fiance will assume that he simply couldn't remember or experienced something different. Whereas had he said he was in a brightly lit room on his own (for example) some suspicion would be raised on the differing accounts.

    I think our boy Cho has more to him than we've currently seen...

    Ah, good points and nice catch. I remember when I saw him on the other side of the road I wondered why that was and thought it suspicious. I forgot about it though and didn't piece it together with his lack of a flashforward. Just another example of how much I love the intrigue of this show and can't wait to watch more. Thursday can't come fast enough!



    Another theory, for those of you who did not see the 2nd episode (tonights) then ***SPOILERS***

    Lets say Cho is a bad guy, but not the guy at the stadium. For some reason i can't remember her name but the lady that owns the cupcake shop who was very important, the tech girl said she found out that that lady's cell phone called the guy in the stadium 30 seconds after everybody blacked out, which is before everybody woke back up. Maybe the cupcake store was close to where Cho crashed, and he went there and made the call from that lady's cell phone to Suspect Zero, because i dont think the lady is a bad guy. Just a thought.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Chaos_Zombie

    Chaos_Zombie

    [63]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 05/15/03
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 472
    jrosace92 wrote:
    Chaos_Zombie wrote:
    Moriarte wrote:

    DarthFreeza wrote:
    That presents two problems: . If he was the guy who was awake then how did he get from the scene of the car crash to the baseball stadium and back in less than 2 minutes?

    Whist I don't think that he is the person in at the baseball stadium, I think he may be on of 'them'. Hinting at a group of people aware/responsible for the flash forwards. During the blackout, he was in the passenger side of the car, and if memory serves, wasn't wearing a seatbelt either. Despite the fact that the car has flipped and is suitably crushed, he turns up on the other side of the road some time later with noticeably few injuries.

    As everyone was blacked out for exactly the same amount of time, then surely there would have been signs of him pulling free at the same time during the opening scenes? Instead it's likely he either took a diving roll, or pulled himself free at an earlier opportunity, whilst everyone was still under.

    DarthFreeza wrote:
    Why would he tell people that he didn't have a flashfoward? Isn't the more logical thing to do lie and say that you did have a flashfoward?

    Some reasons why this may not be the case:

    Lying wouldn't work if your story could somehow be confirmed with anyone else present. It would have been 10am where he worked, so why would he be anywhere on his own if he was working on the case? Any made up story would be considered 'evidence' of sorts due to his involvement. Plus, the simplest lies are the easiest to keep.

    By saying he didn't have one, it opens up a further questions, rather than providing answers. As the next episode promo apparantly shows, his wife-to-be saw them together during hers. This would point to further evidence that he never actually blacked out, and therefore never saw his future. By lying that he saw nothing, anyone listening to his fiance will assume that he simply couldn't remember or experienced something different. Whereas had he said he was in a brightly lit room on his own (for example) some suspicion would be raised on the differing accounts.

    I think our boy Cho has more to him than we've currently seen...

    Ah, good points and nice catch. I remember when I saw him on the other side of the road I wondered why that was and thought it suspicious. I forgot about it though and didn't piece it together with his lack of a flashforward. Just another example of how much I love the intrigue of this show and can't wait to watch more. Thursday can't come fast enough!

    Another theory, for those of you who did not see the 2nd episode (tonights) then ***SPOILERS*** Lets say Cho is a bad guy, but not the guy at the stadium. For some reason i can't remember her name but the lady that owns the cupcake shop who was very important, the tech girl said she found out that that lady's cell phone called the guy in the stadium 30 seconds after everybody blacked out, which is before everybody woke back up. Maybe the cupcake store was close to where Cho crashed, and he went there and made the call from that lady's cell phone to Suspect Zero, because i dont think the lady is a bad guy. Just a thought.

    That would work except that cellphone was recovered in the warehouse in Utah and was used by the guy killed in there. What throws these theories so far for a loop is the fact Noh got the call from the mysterious lady saying he'll be murdered on March 11th. I think she's part of whatever group is behind this thing or another agency looking for answers and she's trying to help him out. She said she got her information from an intelligence file in her flash forward so she's with some agency somewhere. She could've been lying too but at this point it's tough to say. Either way, I bet there will be an episode dedicated to him trying to avoid death near the end of the season.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Moriarte

    Moriarte

    [64]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 07/31/09
    • level: 2
    • rank: Sweat Hog
    • posts: 3
    killerclown126 wrote:

    Yeah, but he said that he blacked out just like everybody else and woke up on the other side of the road.

    Watch the clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4A6FeFtLqoE

    I'm not sure how much truth can be taken of that of course. How did he get there for one? He seems pretty uninjured if he travelled there through the windscreen.

    I'll get back to the theories on Cho when I catch up with episode 2 on Monday. But I think it's safe to assume he wasn't the one at the football stadium. I thought the stadium was in Detroit for one.

    Edited on 10/02/2009 7:59am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of miss_wierd

    miss_wierd

    [65]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 04/25/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 920
    buffyangel4evr_ wrote:
    miss_wierd wrote:
    Sirius452 wrote:

    I thought it was good, and I'll keep watching. I don't remember any of the character's names yet, so I wouldn't call it great.

    Huh? What does that mean? In order for the show to be great you have to remember the character's names?

    I can't remember most of the character's names either. that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the show. In fact, I loved it and am eagerly anticipating the next episode.

    Yeah I can't remember most of the character's names either! This show is awesome so far!!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of miss_wierd

    miss_wierd

    [66]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 04/25/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 920
    Sirius452 wrote:
    DarthFreeza wrote:
    buffyangel4evr_ wrote:
    miss_wierd wrote:
    Sirius452 wrote:

    I thought it was good, and I'll keep watching. I don't remember any of the character's names yet, so I wouldn't call it great.

    Huh? What does that mean? In order for the show to be great you have to remember the character's names?

    I can't remember most of the character's names either. that doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the show. In fact, I loved it and am eagerly anticipating the next episode.

    I think that what Sirus452 meant was that none of the characters were memorable enough for him/her to remember their names after the episode ended. I felt the same way. I had a bit of a problem connecting with alot of the characters too. But in time I'm sure the characters names will begin to stick in my mind.

    Yes, that's what I meant. No one really stuck out in my mind. I know most of their names now though.

    And I hope they keep John C. around too, I like him.

    Well, give it time. It's hard to remember everyone.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ocean58

    ocean58

    [67]Oct 4, 2009
    • member since: 02/01/08
    • level: 53
    • rank: Commander in Chief
    • posts: 313
    miss_wierd wrote:
    dkst0426 wrote:

    About the Mosaic website

    What is the link to the Mosaic website?


    There is no such site on the web. Not that I know. In the show the mosaic website is created by Benford's team, allowing people to login and share their visions of their flash forward.
    Any significant information collected from the website Benford puts on the Mosaic Wall, which he has seen in his own flash forward.
    If you are interested, what is on the wall you can look it up here:
    http://www.theflashforward.com/The_Mosaic
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DarthFreeza

    DarthFreeza

    [68]Oct 4, 2009
    • member since: 11/28/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 3,742
    jrosace92 wrote:
    Here's the thing, we don't know how far away the stadium was from where he crashed, plus, Mark (main guy) actually saw him quite a bit after the blackout. And saying he didn't have a flashfoward in a way makes more sense because he can make a big deal and obsess over it, which would make people think he really didn't see anything. This is working so far on Mark. Another thing is the way the camera looks at him during unnecessary times and shows him being a little bit nervous and shifty is kind of a director's way of foreshadowing.
    I'm pretty sure that when they do that they're just showing that Demitri is more freaked out/scared that he didn't have a flashfoward then he lets on. I know that if everyone else saw something except me that I would be like dying of fright on the inside.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of TacoPie

    TacoPie

    [69]Oct 10, 2009
    • member since: 11/22/05
    • level: 4
    • rank: Thighmaster
    • posts: 58
    killerclown126 wrote:

    Does anybody else think that maybe the flashforwards are self fulfilling prophercies and that they will only happen because people saw them happen. I mean, the only reason Mark made the Mosaic Collective is because he saw himself making it.

    And maybe...if sombody made the flashforward happen, they created them knowing that people would do as they saw, so that what they created is what they wanted to come true.

    And did anbody notice one of the FBI say that planes are crashing down on "LA X". LA X is the airport that the plane from LOST would be going if they didn't crash on the Island. And if anybody watched Lost, they'd know that at the end of season 5, the survivors tried to redo history and make their plane land safely in LA X. All these Lost connections and the fact that somebody working on the show or from ABC said that "FlashForward is going to be a companion to the final season of Lost" kinda scares me. What about if they are in the same universe and the ending of Lost effects FlashForward? What about if the survivors of Flight 815 redo history but crash at LA X because of the FlashForwards (probably not)?

    Funny you say that about Lost. I was thinking maybe when Desmond turned the key at the end of season 2 I believe there was a bright flash. Maybe that is what caused the blackout but I doubt it.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of flashbackward

    flashbackward

    [70]Oct 11, 2009
    • member since: 10/12/09
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 9
    I rewatched the scene in the pilot where everyone starts to wake up after blacking out. Mark wakes up and gets out of the car but Dimitri is nowhere to be seen. Now, if Dimitri did have a flashfoward-even if he didn't see anything- and happened to wake up before Mark, then wouldn't he have helped Mark out of the car? This leads me to believe that Dimitri is one of the bad guys.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.