FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

what did the children see?

ken_wakashimazu

[1]Sep 27, 2009
    • level: 5

I saw the episode and i just realize something i want to know. what did the child that went to the hospital and was saved by olivia see during the blackout?

i say this because i know it's going to be a somewhat important plot line (his father is going to have at the very least an affair with olivia).

when the child arrives at the hospital he seems to know her, and she doesn't know him, at first i did not give it much thought because he could have seen her in his vision of the future, but we saw what olivia sees and the child is not there, and he shouldn't be because they are almost naked and all. Even if the child was hidden somewhere peeping his father and girlfriend how does he know her name?

I also think what mark daughter saw will be important somehow, it's too cryptical not to be.

what do you guys think? important or is it just me?

ps. if all this is explained in the book i do not want to know, and spoilers are necessary.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[2]Sep 27, 2009
    • level: 32
    I believe what Mark's daughter saw will be more important than what the other kid saw.

Sirius452

[3]Sep 27, 2009
    • level: 10

I also thought there was something to the kids memories. Both children seemed to remember more about their future lives than the adults. I remember that Olivia was explaining that she had a feeling of who the man in her flash was, that she felt strongly for him. But, she didn't know him. The kid in the hospital, however, knew who Olivia was even though he wasn't in their shared vision. To me, that says he remembers his dad's future girlfriend and probably alot more.

I can't wait to find out the the 'bad dream' the girl had too.

Chaos_Zombie

[4]Sep 28, 2009
    I know, the kids know something it seems. I'm hoping the little girl is the key to the whole thing in terms of finding out what really happens on April 29th. Hopefully it's somem big catastrophic event or something interesting like that.

shan73

[5]Sep 29, 2009
    • level: 5
    maybe the " no more good days" is just about her mum and dad not being together and that she will be caught in the middle!

silvermoon88

[6]Oct 4, 2009
    • level: 9
    i agree with the children knowing more especailly his daughter. She always seems to be holding back like she knows a lot more. Right now everything doesn't add up whihc leads me to believe thingsw are a lot more complacated then we think

blitz7

[7]Oct 5, 2009
    • level: 1
    i wonder if its possible that the children's visions were much longer than adults? maybe thats why they know more? When Charlie saw Dylan injured she was being all dramatic and concerned at all. that means they should know each other well and have some form of bond in their vision. I believe that for Charlie to react like that, they must've gotten more 'exposure' in their vision?

kbelliveau

[8]Oct 5, 2009
    According to the people their visions lasted 2 mins and 15 seconds, but all we saw of Marks was about 30 seconds. What else did Mark himself see, and could the rest of the vision extend beyond April 29th, 2010

kbelliveau

[9]Oct 5, 2009
    2:17* sorry I made a typo

Chaos_Zombie

[10]Oct 5, 2009

That's a good point. They only showed us 30 seconds but it seems like the way it was cut they took out unnecessary roming through the house or things that took up time in that timeframe that we didn't need to see. The characters never made any mention of their FlashForward not lasting that length.

Also, I don't think the kids had longer visions. Charlie was likely freaking out because in her FlashForward she had feelings for Dylan and he wasn't hurt but when she saw him in the hospital he was and she was confused. I'm curious to know if the 2 minutes and 17 second length has any significance or if it was just a random number and it lasted that long. You know, like how the Lost numbers keep popping up everywhere throughout the show. I know this isn't close to Lost at all but that doesn't mean some numbers couldn't be significant.

KingofIPirates

[11]Oct 5, 2009
    • level: 32
    Chaos_Zombie wrote:
    I'm curious to know if the 2 minutes and 17 second length has any significance or if it was just a random number and it lasted that long. You know, like how the Lost numbers keep popping up everywhere throughout the show. I know this isn't close to Lost at all but that doesn't mean some numbers couldn't be significant.
    I agree, the nature of everyone being unconscious for the same amount of time is enough of an indication to surmise that that number is important.

Chaos_Zombie

[12]Oct 5, 2009
    So does anyone have any theories as to what caused the FlashForward? It couldn't have been a chemical because this happened globally. It almost seems like it was done with the flick of a switch. Everyone plugged into the Matrix and rebooted? Haha. That's probably the biggest thing that I love about this show and I can't wait to find out the answer.

kbelliveau

[13]Oct 5, 2009
    Chaos_Zombie wrote:

That's a good point. They only showed us 30 seconds but it seems like the way it was cut they took out unnecessary roming through the house or things that took up time in that timeframe that we didn't need to see. The characters never made any mention of their FlashForward not lasting that length.

Also, I don't think the kids had longer visions. Charlie was likely freaking out because in her FlashForward she had feelings for Dylan and he wasn't hurt but when she saw him in the hospital he was and she was confused. I'm curious to know if the 2 minutes and 17 second length has any significance or if it was just a random number and it lasted that long. You know, like how the Lost numbers keep popping up everywhere throughout the show. I know this isn't close to Lost at all but that doesn't mean some numbers couldn't be significant.

Perhaps they will answer this in the episode that is set to air this Thursday night. The Title is " 137 Sekunden". I hope they answer it, I just hope that it all makes sense in the end. I hope its a logical explanation that could honestly happen. The 137 just seems like an odd number, but the writers of a series like this are creative enough to make it work.

I also do not believe that the Children saw anymore than the adults. All though I would like to point out that Charlie has seen both D.Gibbons and Dylan. With Charlie not being a part of her fathers vision and the word Friendship bracelet being on his board it is safe to say that something will happen to her, just how does it involve Dylan?

Chaos_Zombie

[14]Oct 6, 2009
    kbelliveau wrote:
    Chaos_Zombie wrote:

Perhaps they will answer this in the episode that is set to air this Thursday night. The Title is " 137 Sekunden". I hope they answer it, I just hope that it all makes sense in the end. I hope its a logical explanation that could honestly happen. The 137 just seems like an odd number, but the writers of a series like this are creative enough to make it work. I also do not believe that the Children saw anymore than the adults. All though I would like to point out that Charlie has seen both D.Gibbons and Dylan. With Charlie not being a part of her fathers vision and the word Friendship bracelet being on his board it is safe to say that something will happen to her, just how does it involve Dylan?

That's an interesting idea. I'm getting the vibe that maybe they are both kidnapped or something. That could be something that drives Mark to drink (especially if he blames himself) and damages their marriage. That would explain how Charlie knows about D. Gibbons anyways. I'm confident that the writers will have everything make sense by season's end. They already have a good blueprint with the author of the book working as a consultant.