FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

When the date of the flashforward comes around...

praeda

[1]Oct 7, 2009
    • level: 10

So they know exactly when they flashforwarded to. April something at 10 am. Seems like the kind of date you mark on your calendar. For six months, anticipation would be building up to this one moment, in some ways the most sigificant date for the whole world for all of this time. Get what I'm saying? Who would even be capable of just going about their normal business at that moment, when they know they are in the middle of making a connection across time? If your past self is about to walk into your room and you only have a few minutes to connect, you do something to acknowledge that. You try to communicate a message or something. You definitley don't decide that's the perfect time for a bowel movement.

This has been seriously nagging at me since the pilot. It seems like too obvious of a problem to be simply an overlooked plot hole. Is something going to happen to make everyone forget? We already know they didn't flashfoward to the future of a parallel universe that didn't flashforward because they saw the investigation of it.

Sorry if there's already a topic on this, I didn't see one.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Sirius452

[2]Oct 8, 2009
    I am bothered by this as well. Take Olivia. Who sleeps and gazes at their boyfriend the day they know the worlds about to change? The answer I would give is that awake man and his conspirators will change the day seeing as how everyone will be anticipating them now.

KingofIPirates

[4]Oct 8, 2009
    • level: 32
    praeda wrote:
    You definitley don't decide that's the perfect time for a bowel movement.
    You don't know if he was having diarhhea at the time
    praeda wrote:

This has been seriously nagging at me since the pilot. It seems like too obvious of a problem to be simply an overlooked plot hole. Is something going to happen to make everyone forget? We already know they didn't flashfoward to the future of a parallel universe that didn't flashforward because they saw the investigation of it.
    While this could be a potential problem it's likely they'll work out the nuances further down the line as we're only in the second episode.

Chaos_Zombie

[5]Oct 8, 2009

Sirius452 wrote:
    I am bothered by this as well. Take Olivia. Who sleeps and gazes at their boyfriend the day they know the worlds about to change? The answer I would give is that awake man and his conspirators will change the day seeing as how everyone will be anticipating them now.

Yeah, I'd say that because the FlashForward happened that day will be changed. In some ways it'll still come to pass because people are being driven by what they saw but smaller details will be different (friendship bracelet). I'm betting that whoever set off the FlashForward wasn't expecting people to go to the future. Their goal was something different. Also, when they were in Utah looking for D. Gibbons the cop addressed the fact that everyone's lives are changed and they are living scared of the future. It's clearly having a huge impact on the world that will also have a huge impact on that day.