FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

White To Play Official Discussion (Spoilers)

  • Avatar of OnePerCentClub

    OnePerCentClub

    [1]Oct 1, 2009
    • member since: 11/16/06
    • level: 35
    • rank: Beverly Hillbilly
    • posts: 2,576

    Please discuss the episode "White To Play', airing next Thursday October 1st.

    Do not discuss other episodes here.

    Thanks!

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Chaos_Zombie

    Chaos_Zombie

    [2]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 05/15/03
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 472

    I guess I'll get things rolling here.

    I loved the episode. The part with the head of the FBI branch, Stanford, describing the bathroom scene to Mark was hysterical. Both played that well and you can see Mark holding back laughter as Stanford told the story. The parts with the little girl are interesting because we don't know what exactly she saw but apparently at the end she saw someone with the name of D. Gibbons, interesting. She also knew who Dillan was which is also curious.

    I was glad to see Olivia tell Mark that she met Lloyd. I was afraid there was going to be some drama with her not telling him the whole truth like he still isn't with her. It's obvious she's doing what she can to avoid the future but he's trying to avoid the future. He just needs to man up and tell her that he was drinking. One question raised, did Lloyd really not see her in his vision? And if not shouldn't he still have known her in his future memories and have feelings for her?

    Perhaps the most interesting plot line of all is Noh's. He gets that weird call from someone (connected to the group who might've caused the FlashForward's?) saying he'll be murded a month and a half before April 29th. This is after someone else who didn't have a vision was killed. So far it seems like seeing the future has caused Mark and the FBI to follow the footsteps to that future unknowingly. For example, had Mark not seen that doll picture on the board they wouldn't have checked out the old warehouse and the police wouldn't have gotten that picture after the explosion.

    Very interesting things going on. It seems like no matter what they do they are destined to live out the future in some way. Sure, Mark burned the friendship bracelet at the end but that doesn't change things too much. I bet they'll be able to change some things but not others making the flash forward still happen in some way. Either that or his daughter will make another bracelet for him the day before or something because he'll say he lost it.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of krussell47

    krussell47

    [3]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 02/20/07
    • level: 12
    • rank: Evil Bert
    • posts: 518
    Well it turns out D. Gibbons was a good lead and everything is slowly falling into place. I like the fact they weren't able to catch this mystery man, because it's way too early in the season for that (and they didn't show his face which is key). Things aren't looking up for Demetri and his non-flash forward especially after that cop said she didn't see anything and was killed 5 minutes later. This show is looking very promising even after I thought I wouldn't like it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Chaos_Zombie

    Chaos_Zombie

    [4]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 05/15/03
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 472
    Ha, speaking of that, that was a blooper or typo in the script. Demetri said it was 5 minutes later but she told him that as soon as they got off the helicopter and she didn't die until it was nighttime. Maybe they meant for him to say '5 hours later' instead. But yeah, he's definitely not feeling too good. I have a feeling he's going to get obsessed with that phone call he got and will be trying to do everything possible to avoid that death. That'll in turn cause problems for him on the case.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of RedMatrixx

    RedMatrixx

    [5]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 10/07/06
    • level: 5
    • rank: Caveman Lawyer
    • posts: 44
    I find it interesting how Agent Noh makes the knife-cut-throat gesture to the snipers signifying the end of the operation; as it foreshadows his murder on March 15th 2010.

    I want to know the depressing news Dilland's dad gets that makes him go downstairs and sulk on the couch.

    Also, I think Lennon Wynn (Charlie Benford) looks a lot like Anna Torv from Fringe. (Agent Olivia Dunham)

    Speaking of "Charlie," Did anyone see Dominic Monaghan in this episode? IMDb lists him as Simon for this episode, but I guess I missed him.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ypomoni

    ypomoni

    [6]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 08/25/08
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 1,354

    I really liked this episode! I hope they can keep the momentum up - it's going great so far!

    I found Mark a bit annoying with regards to how he is treating Olivia. She hasn't done anything, and yet he was kinda giving her the cold shoulder throughout the episode. Acting like that will only push her away and, of course, into another mans arms. And then talking about not keeping secrets between them....maybe you should listen to your own advice there Mark! (btw, isn't funny how Olivia and Mark are an American couple, when in reallity they are both British? hehehehe...)

    Poor Demitri. He suspected that he would die - now his suspicions are confirmed. The mystery woman said she was reading a briefing? Is she intelligence of some sort? Obviously from another country. I wonder who she really is!

    Something from Simco is off; I am getting a weird vibe from him. Not to mention that he kinda looks like suspect zero. And then there was 2 of them! Suspect zero and D. Gibbons! Everything seems to be falling in place, not despite their best efforts, but because of them! I mean, for example, the poor officer who had not seen anything in her future died because the FBI agents showed up.

    Charlie! the little angel! So she knows Dylan - and obviously bonds with him. I wonder how that happens. I got goose bumps when she said D. Gibbons is a bad man - didn't see that one coming! Looking forward to the next episode!

    Edited on 10/02/2009 8:48am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of miss_wierd

    miss_wierd

    [7]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 04/25/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 920
    It was great!!! Another awesome episode!!! So, D Gibbons is REALLY a man!!!! And Charlie did not know the man who had an affair with her mother! She knows his son tho!!!! Wow!! That guy who's flashforward was him in the bathroom. He saw another man's head in the toilet and had to do mouth to mouth ROFL ROFL! Some great humor there. This show is great so far!!!
    Edited on 10/02/2009 9:08am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Chaos_Zombie

    Chaos_Zombie

    [8]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 05/15/03
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 472

    It is possible that Simcoe was the man at the stadium and maybe that explains whey he doesn't recognize Olivia. Don't worry about missing Simon, he wasn't in the episode. I bet he'll be in the next one though.

    I did find Mark's attitude a bit annoying since she hasn't done anything yet and has done everything possible to be honest with him. Now, if she met the guy and didn't tell him and he found out later I could see him acting like that. Hopefully he wises up. I've definitely been finding it very interesting in how seeing the future has pushed them towards the events like the doll picture, the cop dying, etc. that wouldn't have normally happened. It seems like the show is leaning towards the fact that you can't change the future but just small things like not wearing a friendship bracelet.

    Oh, and did anyone else laugh as hard as I did at Stanford's bathroom story and Mark's reaction? Haha, then when Mark was leaving and said 'mouth to mouth?" and Stanford's dragged out reaction was even funnier.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of musiliu

    musiliu

    [9]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 07/09/06
    • level: 11
    • rank: Red Shirted Lt.
    • posts: 715
    i dont think the suspect zero guy is going to have a face, since it looks like he is wearing that mask that the invaders in the main character's flashforward were wearing..
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Chaos_Zombie

    Chaos_Zombie

    [10]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 05/15/03
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 472

    musiliu wrote:
    i dont think the suspect zero guy is going to have a face, since it looks like he is wearing that mask that the invaders in the main character's flashforward were wearing..

    You're probably right there. Plus I was thinking, how is there not another camera in that gigantic stadium? They should be all over the place for security purposes. Why is it just that one all the way on the other side of the stadium? Doesn't make sense.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of haldrey

    haldrey

    [11]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 02/23/08
    • level: 22
    • rank: Freak and Geek
    • posts: 3,925
    Super great episode, I did not moved from my chair once. Loved the scene of Stanford describing his vision, and the little bo bo, he was sitting with his pants on, thanks heaven for the blackout because that was going to be messy. Now we have two awake during the blackout and maybe five more. D Gibbons made six call during the blackout and one of them was to suspect zero, and the other five to?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Chaos_Zombie

    Chaos_Zombie

    [12]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 05/15/03
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 472

    haldrey wrote:
    Super great episode, I did not moved from my chair once. Loved the scene of Stanford describing his vision, and the little bo bo, he was sitting with his pants on, thanks heaven for the blackout because that was going to be messy. Now we have two awake during the blackout and maybe five more. D Gibbons made six call during the blackout and one of them was to suspect zero, and the other five to?

    Actually, he made 5 calls prior to the blackout and one 30 seconds into it. And seeing as he's now dead it's likely that D. Gibbons is someone elses name or someone else takes it since the little girl said D. Gibbons is a bad man. I like how they are slowly revealing what she saw because she has the most interesting flashforward so far and they'd kill it if they reveal it too soon.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KingofIPirates

    KingofIPirates

    [13]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 08/11/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 45,832
    Decent episode overall, was a little dull throughout save for a few scenes though the comic relief scene involving the toilet was pretty hilarious.
    Edited on 10/02/2009 11:07am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ocean58

    ocean58

    [14]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 02/01/08
    • level: 53
    • rank: Commander in Chief
    • posts: 313

    Wow! That was an awesome episode again.

    Most important revealments for me are that D. Gibbons was talking to Suspect Zero during the blackout, bringing the number of persons, who have not blacked out to at least two. The other clue is that Charlie knows about D. Gibbons and Dylan at the same time, so in the flash forward, all three must have been together.

    I am not so sure, if we haven't seen Simon yet. May be have seen him, but we are not introduced to the character yet.

    One of the most interesting scenes was, when the FBI Agents storm into the upper room. The things I could see are

    1. A digital display showing the numbers 11:12 ( Maybe it's 11:12 p.m, when they run in)
    2. This display belonging to a bank vault monitor showing a sketch of the ground floor entrance of a bank?
    3. A partly dismantled computer, in a bubbling water tank
    4. The man (=D. Gibbon?) saying something like "Eve foresees glamorise suffers them twice all"

    Now my questions?

    1. Did anyone see D. Gibbon dying? As he is part of flash forward, I assume he booby trapped the room and has escaped?
    2. Is the chess play and the white queen of any importance?
    3. What did the man mean with his words?

    Oh I am so excited to see the next episode.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of steelballer390

    steelballer390

    [15]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 10/03/09
    • level: 1
    • rank: Weatherman
    • posts: 2
    OnePerCentClub wrote:

    Please discuss the episode "White To Play', airing next Thursday October 1st.

    Do not discuss other episodes here.

    Thanks!

    that was a really good episode,

    i think its wierd how D. Gibbons is a girl and her phone was used to call suspect zero during the blackout (that doesn't necessarily mean that she was the one who made the call) which makes her important. but charlie said D. Gibbons is a bad man which leads you to believe that both D. Gibbons' were involved.

    i am getting pretty mad at how mark is being all mean to Olivia when she is telling him the truth about everything and is still trying to prevent it from happening opposed to him who is lying to her.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Chaos_Zombie

    Chaos_Zombie

    [16]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 05/15/03
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 472
    We know Simon didn't appear because he's played by Dominic from Lost and we haven't seen him yet. I'll have to go back and watch the part again in the warehouse to pause it and see what's there. I know what D. Gibbons said but I can't remember it now. And you bring up a good point. I assumed he was dead because I thought I saw him get shot and then the explosion happened right by him. Considering they would've checked his dead body for finger prints and known who he was maybe he did get away. I'm going to watch that scene again when I get home.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of jrosace92

    jrosace92

    [17]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 01/27/09
    • level: 7
    • rank: Talk Show Host
    • posts: 422
    Chaos_Zombie wrote:

    I guess I'll get things rolling here.

    I loved the episode. The part with the head of the FBI branch, Stanford, describing the bathroom scene to Mark was hysterical. Both played that well and you can see Mark holding back laughter as Stanford told the story. The parts with the little girl are interesting because we don't know what exactly she saw but apparently at the end she saw someone with the name of D. Gibbons, interesting. She also knew who Dillan was which is also curious.

    I was glad to see Olivia tell Mark that she met Lloyd. I was afraid there was going to be some drama with her not telling him the whole truth like he still isn't with her. It's obvious she's doing what she can to avoid the future but he's trying to avoid the future. He just needs to man up and tell her that he was drinking. One question raised, did Lloyd really not see her in his vision? And if not shouldn't he still have known her in his future memories and have feelings for her?

    Perhaps the most interesting plot line of all is Noh's. He gets that weird call from someone (connected to the group who might've caused the FlashForward's?) saying he'll be murded a month and a half before April 29th. This is after someone else who didn't have a vision was killed. So far it seems like seeing the future has caused Mark and the FBI to follow the footsteps to that future unknowingly. For example, had Mark not seen that doll picture on the board they wouldn't have checked out the old warehouse and the police wouldn't have gotten that picture after the explosion.

    Very interesting things going on. It seems like no matter what they do they are destined to live out the future in some way. Sure, Mark burned the friendship bracelet at the end but that doesn't change things too much. I bet they'll be able to change some things but not others making the flash forward still happen in some way. Either that or his daughter will make another bracelet for him the day before or something because he'll say he lost it.



    I truly think that Lloyd does not know who Olivia is because of this: You say that he should know Olivia because he experiences his feelings and future memories in his flash forward, but obviously his mind was on something else, so maybe it matters more on what your mind is thinking about in the flash forward. It showed where his flash forward started and it was him looking at his cell phone, maybe a call, text, or maybe he was texting, but either way he wasn't thinking about Olivia. And when he was sitting on the couch, he was probably in deep thought about that text/call and when she said his name, he turned but before he saw her, the flash ended.

    I agree that Noh has the most intriguing storyline. I'm still thinking Noh is one of the bad guys, whether he is Suspect Zero, or the guy who called Suspect Zero.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of Chaos_Zombie

    Chaos_Zombie

    [18]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 05/15/03
    • level: 10
    • rank: Holy Level 10!
    • posts: 472

    Ok, I have rewatched that warehouse scene and here's what I've noted:

    1. You were right, below the time display of 11:12 there was a blueprint layout of the ground floor of something called 'Bank Vault Monitor'.

    2. The man, D. Gibbons, says "He that forsees calamity suffers them twice over". Interesting quote that seems to mean those that forsee affliction, misery, etc. suffer them in that moment as well as the torture of it coming leading up to that moment. I tried to recognize his voice but it's no one we've heard before. Also doesn't sound like Dominic so we don't have to worry about that theory if anyone was thinking of it.

    3. I don't know why I thought they killed D. Gibbons when I first watched it as there's no logic to support that and upon watching it again you can clearly see him ducking out a window after he shoots the cop and before the explosion.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of buffyangel4evr_

    buffyangel4evr_

    [19]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 09/07/07
    • level: 20
    • rank: Cow Bell
    • posts: 1,257
    Okay. I'm not quite finished with this episode yet, it's great so far. I had to come and comment on one point. The date that Demetri gets murderred, is my birthday!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of miss_wierd

    miss_wierd

    [20]Oct 2, 2009
    • member since: 04/25/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 920

    buffyangel4evr_ wrote:
    Okay. I'm not quite finished with this episode yet, it's great so far. I had to come and comment on one point. The date that Demetri gets murderred, is my birthday!

    WOAH! Creepy!!! Well your birthday is gonna be horrible then ROFL.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.