FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Who Is The Mole?

flashbackward

[1]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 1

In the episode "Playing Cards With Coyotes", the FBI crew has a conversation about the bad guys always being one step ahead of them and about someone in the office being a "mole", someone whose helping out the bad guys.

Who do you think the mole is? I could see it being either Dimitri or Stan.

Dimitri acted really odd on the day of the flashforwards. Recall that Mark woke up from his flashforward alone, even though he and Dimitri had both been in the car before everyone blacked out. If Dimitri really had a flashforward, he would have woken up around the same time and been around. Even if he had woken up earlier, he would have been trying to help Mark out of the car. And if he had woken up after Mark, then we would have seen him. Dimitri must have been doing something else during this time.

Stan is less likely, but I just find it odd that he claims to be in the bathroom during his flashforward. I don't think they actually showed his flashforward, did they? Maybe he's lying.

What do you guys think? Who is the mole?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[2]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 32
    flashbackward wrote:
    Recall that Mark woke up from his flashforward alone, even though he and Dimitri had both been in the car before everyone blacked out. If Dimitri really had a flashforward, he would have woken up around the same time and been around. Even if he had woken up earlier, he would have been trying to help Mark out of the car. And if he had woken up after Mark, then we would have seen him. Dimitri must have been doing something else during this time
    Or maybe because they were involved in a traffic accident when they had their flashforward, Mark was slower to get up as he took the brunt of the impact and when Demitri got up he was shocked at the destruction he witnessed so the initial concern for his partner didn't immediately cross his mind.

Not to mention there's a problem with it being either Wedeck or Demitri due to the fact they were both targeted by some of the individuals in the blue hand group; where if either were the mole they wouldn't put themselves at the risk of being there when the assault went down.

flashbackward wrote:
    Stan is less likely, but I just find it odd that he claims to be in the bathroom during his flashforward. I don't think they actually showed his flashforward, did they? Maybe he's lying.
    Yes they did, they showed him sitting on a toilet in a bathroom stall.
    flashbackward wrote:

What do you guys think? Who is the mole?
    Probably someone who hasn't been revealed yet.
    Edited on 11/13/2009 6:45pm
    Edited 2 total times.

anthem47

[3]Nov 13, 2009
    • level: 6
    If it is someone we've seen, I'd guess Marcie Turoff (http://flashforward.wikia.com/wiki/Marcie_Turoff). She's had very little screen time, brief scenes in 3 episodes, but they've seeded her in just enough to set her character up for something like that later. It'd be a bit of a cop-out though, unless they build up her character a bit more beforehand.

Chaos_Zombie

[4]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 10
    I think whoever it was they also texted Olivia about Mark drinking in his flash forward. An FBI agent might've overheard him in the bar and sent that to her. That might be a little more far fetched but you never know.

ocean58

[5]Nov 15, 2009
    • level: 53
    May be it's not a person at FBI, but the FF itself gives the villains a headstart, so they know in advance, what the FBI agents will do next.

mafiaboi89

[6]Nov 16, 2009
    • level: 3
    Chaos theory would work! Olivia received the text message when Mark was at the bar, few moments after he told Stan he was drinking in his FF. I tried looking the backgrounds trying to see if there was another character we might have all missed but there is no one.

So it could be the mole in the FBI, if a mole there is. I'm thinking it could be the older black guy since he was going by the security exitrather than the regular one, but he went on lie detector, which can be faked I know, but it's not simple.

cowboy2831

[7]Dec 8, 2009
    • level: 16

mafiaboi89 wrote:
    I'm thinking it could be the older black guy since he was going by the security exitrather than the regular one, but he went on lie detector, which can be faked I know, but it's not simple.

I thought that too, but as someone above pointed out, he was attacked with the rest of the crew after the hearings.

mimisc2009

[8]Dec 10, 2009
    • level: 9
    cowboy2831 wrote:

mafiaboi89 wrote:
    I'm thinking it could be the older black guy since he was going by the security exitrather than the regular one, but he went on lie detector, which can be faked I know, but it's not simple.

I thought that too, but as someone above pointed out, he was attacked with the rest of the crew after the hearings.

He could have planned the whole attack to divert the suspicion from him - he didn't die in the attack.

Anyway I think Demitri is the mole and when Mark finds out about him he'll shoot him.

KingofIPirates

[9]Dec 10, 2009
    Why would he be caught anywhere near the attack he planned when he would've been almost assuredly caught in the cross-fire whether it be unintentional or not? Simply not dieing in the attack isn't a good enough reason since everybody else survived. Same reasoning would apply for Demitri.
    Edited on 12/10/2009 6:50am

ma_liky

[10]Dec 21, 2009
    • level: 13
    There is NO mole.

SzabGbor

[11]Dec 21, 2009
    • level: 3
    It could be something like you never know, maybe Mark himself could be the mole (who knows, maybe big twists are coming up), maybe he sent the text messages to Olivia... As he stated already, he only told he was drinking in his FF to 2 people, but that's sorted out as seems... I just think IF there's a mole then Demetri can't be it, it seems too obvious.
    But it may be that there really is no mole, but some kind of cross dimensional anomalies caused people from other realities to interfere.
    As it happened, Al proved that the future can be changed, thus the Butterfly-Effect applies. If HE died, everything linked to him, even the least remotely, is affected.

KillswitchEdge

[12]Dec 22, 2009
    • level: 5

Actually, Demetri is the most plausible suspect, whether it's obvious or not. As someone said earlier, Demetri wasn't in the car when Mark woke up, and was a reasonable distance from it when Mark finally noticed him, leading me to think he didn't black out and instead climbed out to do something important. Either that, or since he didn't have a flash forward, it didn't keep him unconcious for the full 2:37.

Then there's the fact that apparently Mark will shoot Demetri. What other reason could he have for shooting Demetri other than that Demetri betrayed him? We see Mark still working on the case, almost feverishly, on April 29th in Mark's flash forward, and he's also under attack from the mercs, which would be a bit stupid if he's the mole, meaning Demetri is the only person feasible as the mole.

The only way this could twist is that Mark is indeed the mole, and his flashforward didn't actually happen the way he says it did or the way we see it, and he's playing the FBI to keep them from discovering the truth, while at the same time taking lead on the case purely by the "insights" he's bringing to the table from his flash forward.

Intriguing

KingofIPirates

[13]Dec 22, 2009
    KillswitchEdge wrote:
    Actually, Demetri is the most plausible suspect, whether it's obvious or not. As someone said earlier, Demetri wasn't in the car when Mark woke up, and was a reasonable distance from it when Mark finally noticed him, leading me to think he didn't black out and instead climbed out to do something important. Either that, or since he didn't have a flash forward, it didn't keep him unconcious for the full 2:37.

Or the more likely scenario was because they were involved in a traffic accident when they had their flashforward, Mark was slower to get up as he took the brunt of the impact and when Demitri got up he was shocked at the destruction he witnessed so the initial concern for his partner didn't immediately cross his mind.

KillswitchEdge wrote:

Then there's the fact that apparently Mark will shoot Demetri. What other reason could he have for shooting Demetri other than that Demetri betrayed him?
    There are a number of scenarios that doesn't necessarily have to involve betrayal that could explain his shooting of Demetri. Like Mark's family being in danger and him being now no longer an FBI agent has to turn to Demitri in order to obtain information critical to discovering the threat but Demitri fails to divulge that information due to Mark no longer being with the FBI which pushes him over the edge. Or Marks family has been kidnapped and he has to kill Demitri in order to ensure their release,etc.
    KillswitchEdge wrote:
    meaning Demetri is the only person feasible as the mole.The only way this could twist is that Mark is indeed the mole, and his flashforward didn't actually happen the way he says it did or the way we see it, and he's playing the FBI to keep them from discovering the truth, while at the same time taking lead on the case purely by the "insights" he's bringing to the table from his flash forward.

Not to mention there's a problem with it being Demitri due to the fact he was also targeted by some of the individuals in the blue hand group; where if either he was the mole he wouldn't put himself at the risk of being there when the assault went down.

flashbackward

[14]Jan 11, 2010

"Or the more likely scenario was because they were involved in a traffic accident when they had their flashforward, Mark was slower to get up as he took the brunt of the impact and when Demitri got up he was shocked at the destruction he witnessed so the initial concern for his partner didn't immediately cross his mind."

But Demetri took the brunt of the impact. Remember, another vehicle was coming in on Demitri's side when the blackout occured.

KingofIPirates

[16]Jan 22, 2010
    Demitri was wearing a seatbelt and Mark wasn't so as a result wasn't as affected by the momentum of the collision (given the fact the car flipped over and Mark was upside down on his head) and thus didn't take the brunt of the impact.

UnitedRed

[17]Jan 30, 2010
    Here's another theory as to why Dimitri could be the mole. In Zoee's FF (and Dimitri's mum), he is having a civilian funeral i.e. none of the usual stuff we see for a policeman that dies in the call of duty. Perhaps being caught as the mole resulted in this? And of course love is blind so Zoe is felt for him...etc...etc...etc...

KingofIPirates

[18]Feb 2, 2010
    Maybe the family wanted a civilian funeral as they blame the agency for his death.

ma_liky

[19]Feb 2, 2010

Or it is a Japanese costume and the family didn't want it any differently.

PS There is no mole.

akamidnight

[20]Mar 5, 2010
    Demitri doesn't necessary need to be the mole for Mark to shoot him, Mark could just be mislead into thinking that he is and ends up killing him. I don't think Zoey's FF is Demitri's funeral, but a memorial held on the date and place where they were meant to get married. They would wait so long after his death to bury him. And was wearing his seatbelt in the pilot? I'm pretty sure he was still trying to put it on when the crash happened...maybe he went through the windshield and woke up outside and wandered off in a bit of a daze, kinda like Mark...

Or maybe he's just a big fat liar.