FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Who texted Olivia?

Who texted Olivia that Mark drinks in his vision?

mafiaboi89

[1]Nov 6, 2009
    • level: 3

Who texted Olivia that Mark was drinking in his vision? We see her receiving the text twice and she can't answer it so who is it?

The only three people who know about him drinking at that very moment are Aaron, Demitri and Mark. He did not tell anyone else so who texted her?

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KingofIPirates

[2]Nov 7, 2009
    • level: 32
    Why would Mark reveal something through text to the one person he's desperately trying to keep that secret from?

mafiaboi89

[3]Nov 7, 2009
    Thats why I added the o.O lol its more a joke than anything but you didn't give any opinion

KingofIPirates

[4]Nov 7, 2009
    Don't believe it's any of the characters on the list as both characters are loyal to him nor do they have anything to gain by snitching on Mark. Plus it was Stanford Wedeck who learned later on that Mark had been drinking during his Flashforward not Demitri Noh. As to who texted Olivia, it could be someone else altogether yet to be revealed.

DarthFreeza

[5]Nov 7, 2009
    • level: 23

As KingofPirates said, Mark told his boss, not Demetri about the drinking.

And I also doubt that anybody listed about would have told Olvia. But we don't know enough now about what is going on with the flashfowards to make a very good guess of who texted Olivia.

mafiaboi89

[6]Nov 7, 2009

No he also told Demitri in the very first episode. And I totally agree it cant really be Demitri or Aaron, they wouldn't backstab hima nd they wouldn't hide their address if they though they did it "in his best interest." Andin any case they wouldn't send it twice.

But then who knew and how did he know about what Mark saw? One the masked gunmen maybe?

Edited on 11/07/2009 12:15pm

angelandspike

[7]Nov 8, 2009
    • level: 66
    Mark didn't tell Demetri he was drinking. I just watched the first episode again to be absolutely sure. What's probably making people think he told Demetri is that we were seeing what he saw in his flash forward while he was telling Demetri about it. We saw him drinking, but he skipped that part when he was recounting the story to Demetri.

Until Mark told Wedeck, Aaron was the only other person who knew Mark was drinking. I think Aaron is the one who texted Olivia for two reasons. One, he pestered Mark to tell her and after the conversation he had with her, he knew Mark still hadn't told her. Two, I don't think Wedeck had enough time to text her before they were attacked in the garage.

She only received one text. She saved it and kept looking at it.

I don't think it was someone who had the same flash forward Mark did either. The reason I don't is because the person wouldn't say Mark was drinking in his flash forward. If it had been someone who had the same flash forward that he did, that person would have said I saw Mark drinking in my flash forward.

KingofIPirates

[8]Nov 8, 2009
    angelandspike wrote:
    I think Aaron is the one who texted Olivia for two reasons. One, he pestered Mark to tell her and after the conversation he had with her, he knew Mark still hadn't told her.
    Aaron is supposed to be Marks sponsor, quite a lousy sponsor if he'd go behind the back of his sponsee to tattle.

HolyPenguin

[9]Nov 8, 2009
    • level: 12
    It would be cool if Aaron is actually a bad guy. His story should be connected to the story somehow.

mimisc2009

[10]Nov 9, 2009
    • level: 9
    I actually think that it's the people who caused the blackout that somehow texted Olivia. Their plan is for Lloyd and Olivia to get together.

KingofIPirates

[11]Nov 9, 2009
    That theory makes the most sense.

mafiaboi89

[12]Nov 9, 2009
    Yet it should be the last of their concerns if they are scientist doing an experiment and they caused 20 million deaths and world wide destruction no?

KingofIPirates

[13]Nov 10, 2009
    mafiaboi89 wrote:
    Yet it should be the last of their concerns if they are scientist doing an experiment and they caused 20 million deaths and world wide destruction no?
    Mark is heading the investigation to put those responsible behind all those deaths to justice, not to mention he's the one with the most knowledge within the agency about this affair thus it would be perfectly logical for Lloyd to get to Mark through Olivia.

shan73

[14]Nov 10, 2009
    • level: 5
    Aaron is the best bet! or maybe Dimitri? but why would he do that?
    Its difficult to guess!

KingofIPirates

[15]Nov 10, 2009
    Demitri doesn't know, it just seemed like he knew because we the viewers were able to witness Mark's Flashforward during his retelling to Demitri but he neglected to tell him about the drinking part.

mafiaboi89

[16]Nov 10, 2009
    Its true that was my mistake, Demetri doesn't know.

But at the opposite of you King, I think it's the worst idea to REALLY separate them, because then Mark would have more time and will to work hard and long on their case. Most people go over their love troubles by overworking to change their mind, which is definitely Mark's type.

So I think the vision and all does that, so they spend more time together working on their couple rather than the case, but pushing her to leave him (she said sh'ed leave him if he drinks again) is a bad idea for them.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see but I love having many theories and trying to figure out what's going on when maybe the writers don't even know it

KingofIPirates

[17]Nov 10, 2009
    What I'm implying is that with Olivia she can be manipulated and they can use her as leverage over him. It doesn't really matter if he has more time and works harder because they have nobody on the inside so eventually Mark will put things together regardless.
    Edited on 11/10/2009 11:34pm

SVU_number_1fan

[18]Nov 11, 2009
    • level: 17
    i think that it was the other guy who caused the black out forgot his name the guy from lost domnick monhamy

ma_liky

[19]Nov 12, 2009
    • level: 13
    KingofIPirates wrote:
    What I'm implying is that with Olivia she can be manipulated and they can use her as leverage over him. It doesn't really matter if he has more time and works harder because they have nobody on the inside so eventually Mark will put things together regardless.

I completely agree. It is the most likely scenario. They awake Olivia's doubt in Mark, and it is easier for Lloyd to get near her, cause if Mark get close to them they have leverage over him. But that means they somehow know his flasforward and that arises a lot different questions.

CharlesTheBold

[20]Nov 14, 2009
    • level: 7
    One of my theories is that the bad guys were able to tamper with certain flashforwards. They know that the FBI guys are their most serious adversaries, so they're playing with their heads: Mark is given a vision of falling off the wagon, Janice is encouraged to think about getting pregnant, Dmitri's vision is cancelled altogether; the suicide guy is led to believe he killed an innocent; Olivia is given the adultery vision, and sending the text about Mark was just more troublemaking. Probably Simon.