TV.com will be making changes to the Private Message system the week of Jan 26, 2015. For more information click here

FlashForward Forums

ABC (ended 2010)

Who texted Olivia?

Who texted Olivia that Mark drinks in his vision?

  • Avatar of ma_liky

    ma_liky

    [21]Nov 16, 2009
    • member since: 10/29/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 568
    CharlesTheBold wrote:
    One of my theories is that the bad guys were able to tamper with certain flashforwards. They know that the FBI guys are their most serious adversaries, so they're playing with their heads: Mark is given a vision of falling off the wagon, Janice is encouraged to think about getting pregnant, Dmitri's vision is cancelled altogether; the suicide guy is led to believe he killed an innocent; Olivia is given the adultery vision, and sending the text about Mark was just more troublemaking. Probably Simon.

    They are physicist not magicians, it was a science experiment of some sort (we dont know yet) they were all in different places for their flashforwards to be controled in such a matter. And it was global, they couldnt control several, all or non not parcial.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of mafiaboi89

    mafiaboi89

    [22]Nov 16, 2009
    • member since: 11/06/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 48
    Guys it could be Demetri or Stan since Olivia received the text after he told Stan at the bar and Demetri and the other FBI agent might have overheard everything. So it brings us back to my original choices, but add Stan and the older agent I cant remember the name of.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of DarthFreeza

    DarthFreeza

    [23]Nov 17, 2009
    • member since: 11/28/07
    • level: 23
    • rank: Close Talker
    • posts: 3,742

    Maybe it was the men in masks who were trying to kill Mark in his flashfoward?

    I doubt it was any of Mark's friends who he told; they seem too loyal to Mark.

    But the masked men probably had flashfowards too and in them they would've seen Mark drinking.

    I'm not sure what they would have to gain from telling Olivia but it's a possibility.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ummhaniyyah

    ummhaniyyah

    [25]Nov 20, 2009
    • member since: 09/18/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 186

    angelandspike wrote:
    Mark didn't tell Demetri he was drinking. I just watched the first episode again to be absolutely sure. What's probably making people think he told Demetri is that we were seeing what he saw in his flash forward while he was telling Demetri about it. We saw him drinking, but he skipped that part when he was recounting the story to Demetri. Until Mark told Wedeck, Aaron was the only other person who knew Mark was drinking. I think Aaron is the one who texted Olivia for two reasons. One, he pestered Mark to tell her and after the conversation he had with her, he knew Mark still hadn't told her. Two, I don't think Wedeck had enough time to text her before they were attacked in the garage. She only received one text. She saved it and kept looking at it. I don't think it was someone who had the same flash forward Mark did either. The reason I don't is because the person wouldn't say Mark was drinking in his flash forward. If it had been someone who had the same flash forward that he did, that person would have said I saw Mark drinking in my flash forward.

    I disagree with your reasoning based on the syntax of the text. 1) The person may just have been trying to be terse 2) The second sentence you proposed puts the emphasis on the speaker while the person who texted Olivia was trying to point the finger at Mark and so the way the text was worded is totally appropriate even if it came from someone who learned of his drinking in a flashforward.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ummhaniyyah

    ummhaniyyah

    [26]Nov 20, 2009
    • member since: 09/18/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 186

    I think that we may all be off base in trying to guess who told Olivia - in terms of someone having knowledge of Mark's drinking.

    Anyone who wanted to distabilize Mark/his marriage could have sent that e-mail - whether they knew what happened in his flash forward or not. If they know that Mark is an alcoholic and that he had had problems in his marriage before because of his drinking, if they like the Senator realized that his visions were hazy...these alone or together are enough to form the basis of that text.

    There is no real way for us to tell whether Wedeck or Aaron sent the text, since they were both evasive - never clearly saying that they didn't. Just as someone who is lying would do but also appropriate if you are truly loyal and someone is accusing you of betrayal.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of KingofIPirates

    KingofIPirates

    [27]Nov 21, 2009
    • member since: 08/11/06
    • level: 32
    • rank: Whammy!
    • posts: 45,832
    ummhaniyyah wrote:
    There is no real way for us to tell whether Wedeck or Aaron sent the text, since they were both evasive - never clearly saying that they didn't. Just as someone who is lying would do but also appropriate if you are truly loyal and someone is accusing you of betrayal.
    I think it's pretty clear that Wedeck wasn't the one who sent the text despite his evasiveness because he's the only one that has more to lose than anybody. If people found out that Mark was actually drinking in his flashforward, it would severly compromise if not completely neutralize the investigation. And being his superior and knowing about this he would also take the fall, so it's better for as few people as possible to know that Mark was drinking.
    Edited on 11/21/2009 6:07am
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ummhaniyyah

    ummhaniyyah

    [28]Nov 21, 2009
    • member since: 09/18/08
    • level: 8
    • rank: Super-Friend
    • posts: 186

    KingofIPirates wrote:
    ummhaniyyah wrote:
    There is no real way for us to tell whether Wedeck or Aaron sent the text, since they were both evasive - never clearly saying that they didn't. Just as someone who is lying would do but also appropriate if you are truly loyal and someone is accusing you of betrayal.
    I think it's pretty clear that Wedeck wasn't the one who sent the text despite his evasiveness because he's the only one that has more to lose than anybody. If people found out that Mark was actually drinking in his flashforward, it would severly compromise if not completely neutralize the investigation. And being his superior and knowing about this he would also take the fall, so it's better for as few people as possible to know that Mark was drinking.

    True, but one might also think that it might help Mark keep things under control and so not start drinking if his wife knew. After all, Mark got help the first time around because he didn't want to mess up his family life.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of spikemaniac

    spikemaniac

    [29]Nov 25, 2009
    • member since: 04/24/05
    • level: 50
    • rank: Airwolf
    • posts: 22,755
    mimisc2009 wrote:
    I actually think that it's the people who caused the blackout that somehow texted Olivia. Their plan is for Lloyd and Olivia to get together.

    I agree, that seems the most likely answer.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of dfmir

    dfmir

    [30]Nov 26, 2009
    • member since: 11/03/09
    • level: 3
    • rank: Soup Nazi
    • posts: 10
    I'm putting my money on Simon or the man at the end of "Playing Cards With Cayote." Although it is unrealistic and a shot in the dark, we do know Simon did set up the Flash Forward therefore it's possible he could have been awake at the end. His intentions? To make sure the future comes true. Llyod seems to have good intentions with all his power meaning it probably isn't him who sent the message. Just a side note, I think Dominic Monaghan is perfectly suited for the role of Simon. I've only seen a few episodes of Lost and it's so interesting for me to see him in a different ABC role.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of ma_liky

    ma_liky

    [31]Nov 27, 2009
    • member since: 10/29/07
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 568
    dfmir wrote:
    I'm putting my money on Simon or the man at the end of "Playing Cards With Cayote." Although it is unrealistic and a shot in the dark, we do know Simon did set up the Flash Forward therefore it's possible he could have been awake at the end. His intentions? To make sure the future comes true. Llyod seems to have good intentions with all his power meaning it probably isn't him who sent the message. Just a side note, I think Dominic Monaghan is perfectly suited for the role of Simon. I've only seen a few episodes of Lost and it's so interesting for me to see him in a different ABC role.

    It couldn't have been Simon cause he had the flashforward, he wasn't awake. Maybe some one was there in Marks flashforward but he doesn't remember cause he was drunk.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of angelandspike

    angelandspike

    [32]Nov 29, 2009
    • member since: 07/04/05
    • level: 66
    • rank: Hollywood Square
    • posts: 18,906
    I think the syntax is important. However, after a few more episodes, I think it's quite possible that the person who texted Olivia is indeed someone involved in causing the flash forwards. It's looking more like it was someone involved and that it was worded the way it was to cause Mark to lose trust in the two people he told.

    I agree with KingofIPirates. Wedeck has so much to lose if he tells anyone Mark was drinking that I don't think he'd do it.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.
  • Avatar of akamidnight

    akamidnight

    [33]Nov 29, 2009
    • member since: 11/06/05
    • level: 13
    • rank: Regal Beagle
    • posts: 182

    Mark said he was on the phone to someone during his flashforward, which means that person is probably aware that he was drunk at the time. It could have been that person.

    Also, from Simon and Loyd's conversations, it sounds like the global blackout was an unplanned side effect of some other experiment, not something they wanted to do, so I doubt they had anything to do with individual FFs.

    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.