FlashForward

Gimme Some Truth

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Oct 22, 2009 on ABC

6.9
  • Isn't it a bit too early to jump the shark?

For what started as a great show concept with interesting characters now seems to be going down the drain fast. The new characters and extended politics are atrocious and the show has become just another weekly FBI/criminal drama with a twist instead of the fascinating retrospective on humanity and looking to the future it was shown to be originally. The politics of this episode really got on my nerves and I don't see that I like where this show is now heading.

Alternatively, let me preface the next statement with the fact that I have no personal problems with the homosexual community and hope this is not taken as a negative aimed at said community, but the sudden outing of a female character as a lesbian on the show, introducing her new lover and having multiple onscreen kisses in one episode is just a ploy to bring in the fanboys and is simply bad film-making (see the three-way "morning after" scene thrown into the beginning of the Night Rider remake series (NBC)). For SHAME ABC. That's simply exploitative and insulting of your audience (and the community represented). How little do you think of the public? There were no indications of any of this in her personal life in any of the previous episodes and it seems like it is now being thrown in after the fact as a ratings booster (like Heroes' recent onscreen kiss with Claire).

I am strongly reconsidering watching this show after this episode.