FlashForward

Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Apr 29, 2010 on ABC

7.4
  • Goodbye Yellow Brick Road injects a much needed dose of background information and subsequently delivers a slew of satisfying 'oh, I see' moments, that although overdue, are excellently explained and most importantly, quite believable.

Ever since Janice is revealed as the second FBI mole, I have been having trouble accepting her as a villain. One of my favorite characters, her behavior has always seemed to contradict the idea that she is a traitor. Her clearly genuine desire to fulfill her flashforward, does not implicate her as a character motivated by murderous ideology. This latest episode addresses these conflicts, comprehensively explaining how and why she is working for the mysterious organization that appear to be behind the infamous blackout. -

-Pretty much every unanswered question I had surrounding her early days as an FBI agent and the foundation of her relationships to other prominent characters, are dealt with and by the end, I felt thoroughly satisfied with the explanation. It's not an incredibly original series of events, but it makes sense and works well in the context of the show, linking up with another previously disjointed character, Marshall Vogel, whose presence, up until now, had seemed a little unnecessary.

Read my full review here: http://playeraffinity.com/tv-reviews/Flashforward-Goodbye-Yellow-Brick-Road.html
  • Hot Janis and her escapades

Poor Janis, the pressure from wearing all those hats must be driving her crazy. Bravo to the writers for making this character so complex, interesting, easy to follow, yet relatable. Good job to Christine Woods also for playing this character so well. So if you haven't guessed it yet, this was a Janis centric episode that starts from why she joined the FBI to where she stands now. Many may have doubted her patriotism once she revealed that she was the second mole at the FBI, but turns out she was actually instructed to accept the offer so that should redeem her.

Mark finds a QED ring right in his office while Olivia is being followed by Gabriel, one of the many who were subjected to Flash-forwards by Frost because of their exceptional memory. All his flash-forwards dealt with Olivia (stalker anybody?) but what he saw contradicts the life she is living now. According to him she should have been married to Lloyd and not Mark. Actually that might be happening soon enough. Finally Aaron, the urban ninja is having a hard time going off the grid in Afghanistan.

Simply put, this was another amazing episode with people asking the right questions instead of ignoring previous events or just letting them be, as many shows do (Smallville anybody?). Everybody has their own secret agenda but that shouldn't be a surprise after all we are watching some of best of FBI and CIA agents at work.
  • Not an interesting episode, but a good lead up one.

This was a very interesting build up episode for next week and in future. The storyline was around Janis, which was very nice to see, and I think it is going to be really interesting int the future as well.

There were several interesting and intense moments, particularly with how the episode ended off. That made it really interesting, and I can't wait to see waht will happen in the upcoming weeks, before the show's demise.

I would recommend this episode, aAs I believer it will be important in the upcoming weeks, but as an episode on its own, it isn't that great.