FlashForward

Queen Sacrifice

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Apr 08, 2010 on ABC

7.7
  • All about Chess in this episode is a disaster. I explain myself with examples.

In one scene Mark talking about queen sacrifice but we can see a game of chess that has not queen sacrifice. In this game... the right square is black. This is not correct, because always ALWAYS, the right square in chess boards is WHITE. In the three games showed... there are not queen sacrifice!. Why use that term if what we see is not what they say???. But is a pretty cool use QUEEN SACRIFICE... the title is good... nothing more.
    Please... writers of FlashForward... next time talking with one expert in chess and do not make this accumulation of nonsense because all this thing reduces credibility
  • they conducted some investigation to find out whose the mole that keep leaking information. Its turn out to be two moles instead of one, and in order for the other one to gain trusts, the mole actually took down the other mole..

wow..what a shock!! janice is the mole?? i thought she's the one could be trusted. Well, since she's already be a 'hero' for taking down the other mole, she gain trust from the other crew. what a brilliant plan d gibbons have in his play. I've always wondered when the hell that bryce would me up with that keiko girl. it just sad when thay actually happen to be at the same place but didn't see each other. It's like Hindustan films if you know what i means..haha..well, i must say the story is getting better and better and Lost series has become full bunch of crap..juz fnish the story up, i cant wait to see how it ends up
  • From the Improbable to the Impossible

First off I am enjoying the series. I like many of the charachters and there are many interesting subplots, but I find some of the ideas very difficult to accept. The video made in 1991 that fortold an event in 2009, just seems too incredulous. Why would the guy need to do anything illegal if he had that power to predict the future - that alone could guarantee untold wealth. Also the presence of moles in the FBI I found a little hard to accept, as well as allowing Simon Campos to just enter the FBI as a helper. Those things said I found the episode like many others to be exciting and the production values on the series are first rate.
  • Another brilliant one!

This episode is taking off in absolutely incredible fashion! I thought this one was nearly as good as its predecessor, and I can't wait to see what the writers and producers will come up with next!

I thought that the idea of a mole in the FBI and even two of them, was amazing! I definitely enjoyed this, and I couldn't believe the ending, as usual!

This show has a habit of great endings to its episodes, and hopefully, this will continue, as I am really looking forward to this, each and every week! Keep it up, guys, as this show is exceptional, and definitely on the right track to awesome brilliance!
  • This show is taking off man, definitely worth watching!

Let me just jump into what really happened and I what I think of it. First off Mark is an incredible detective, or at least the writers have made this character really good at what he does. I have always dreamed of working for the FBI but now that I see what they actually do and the brain needed, I'd be lucky if I make a hired gun… just kidding.

So the tape they found in the tower in Somalia is authentic, and here's the surprise, Dyson Frost (D. Gibbons) has had plenty of flash-forwards (all self induced I guess), and in all his flash-forwards he see himself die on March 15, the same day Agent Demetri supposedly gets murdered by Mark. Now here's why I said Mark is a really good detective. Frost likes to play chess, and in one of his games back in the day he made moves that translate (I don't play chess so I am not really sure how all this was deduced but somehow Mark figured that out) into Morse code numbers that when put together turn out to be a phone number. Mark is a man of action (remember the trip to Japan?) and that is why I like him (not always) so he calls the number, and hears the message "Well done" from none other then Frost himself.

The rest of the episode deals with routing the mole in the office, and here's where Mark excels again. Suspicion falls on a woman in the office called Marcy. While watching some surveillance tape of hers Mark notices that she puts coffee in her sugar (normally she doesn't), but what really catches his eye is the number of times she puts sugar in her coffee. That number corresponds to the number of leaks they have had in the office. Mark goes one step better by matching the actual time of day to the date (I think) the FBI is going to do a sting. Marcy realizes she's been caught and runs, only to be caught by none other then Janis (they have a little catfight in pool before she surrenders – worth watching).

Mole caught Frost returns Mark's call and tell him to wait for further instructions. I guess that was to be expected. Smaller plots includes Keiko getting an under-the-table job with a custom-car garage (of all places) but gets caught in a sting for illegal workers and employers. Bryce ends up kissing Nicole. I was wondering when that was going to happen. The two of them are always supporting and comforting each other. Funny thing is that he kissed her outside a restaurant where Keiko was celebrating her employment with her new boss. So close, yet so far. And just to tease us a bit more, the truck carrying all those illegal workers after the raid passes right in front of Bryce! A couple of episodes back we saw Simon suffocating that fat abusive uncle of his. Apparently it was message to someone that nobody messes with Simon and gets away, and that message was finally acknowledged, in person, by none other then our cute little Janis. Yes, you heard that right. It would seem that Janis is the back up mole that nobody suspects!
  • At last!

Finally! FlashForward has suddenly, after last week's great ending, turned an important corner in it's story. The characters have gained a new dimension and the story is intriguing and surprising to the last. Well done! Not to spoil it for everyone else, let's just say that things are definitely not what they seem. The hunt for the mole is deftly done, the action at the end of the episode explosive and fast-paced, making room for the real shocker. I didn't see that one coming!

Now, if only the studio will give this show a chance at making it into a second season, we have ourselves a winner on our hands, ladies and gents!
  • Mark and Vogel search for the mole inside the FBI which puts Mark on edge with his colleagues

FlashForward keeps getting better and better and the ratings each week keep getting worse and worse, this does not make sense to me at all. This show is so full of potential, they can take this show anywhere they want but I think dating the FlashForwards limited this idea. However I want to discuss this episode as a solo episode as a greater part of the series. The episode was simply done, a filler episode really. The filled the gap with Simon in the office making wise remarks and just getting under peoples skin. Not a lot of action through-out. They took this episode as a character development episode. Bryce is beginning to fall for Nicole just as we see Keiko getting into issues of her own. Mark and Demetri are trying to solve the puzzle before they have to face their fate. This episode slowed down the post-break pace and answered some of the questions.

*****************Spoiler Alert**************

The ending with Simon and Janis was beyond awesome, completely off base from where I thought they were going. Janis was always the innocent one, the one everyone cheered for, and finally we have a character who matched creepiness with Simon, her look was so devilish at the end. I am excited for where this will go. Will Simon turn to Mark, will Janis help Simon? Will Mark figure it out before it is too late? Will Janis ultimately be the one to shoot Demetri? They just opened a whole new can of worms and with the threat of cancellation I can only hope they have enough time to answer all the questions. But ultimately come seasons end I want to hear the news of a second season so we can see all these characters again.The chemistry between Christine Woods and Dominic Monaghan should reach new levels in the coming weeks, and that will be exciting to see.
  • The show is verging on greatness, but there are still a few things holding it back. (No spoilers)

I really enjoyed this episode, it addressed the unanswered question of the mole which was really the cliffhanger we were left with last year. However, even though we are being treated to some tying up of frustrating loose ends, it all feels a little too tidy for me. I wont use examples as they will spoil some of the key events, but the timing seems to be a little too impeccible for my liking. Now this really doesn't effect the compelling nature of the story which is developing nicely, mostly with the intrigue that the Simon Campos character brings. I am absolutely loving his storyline and even though he's somewhat of an antagonist in the story, I find myself rooting for him every time.

My biggest complaint is probably a minor thing to most, but it's quite an issue for me and it seems to be getting worse. The show seems to deeply patronise the audience in that every little clue is flashed in their face over and over again. This also happens with dialogue, in the repetition of key phrases to ensure the audience is following Marks detective work. I personally like to feel like I am discovering things for myself and am quite capable of noticing items that I have seen before on Mark's wall, I really don't need an extreme closeup and exclaimation from Mark whilst he taps his finger on the clue in question.

Now I've got that off my chest I feel much better. The mole story was dealt with elequently, the second revelation not so much. I will have to see it develop, but I just don't buy it right now, especially with all that came before (I'm trying hard not to spoil anything). It just does not add up to me, although I will wait for next week before I pass judgement.

I know I winged a lot but I did enjoy the episode and I can't wait for next week. It's just the points above that I feel are holding it back from greatness.