FlashForward

ABC (ended 2010)

Gislef

FlashForward Fan Reviews page 2 of 3

• Oh my god!!!

How can you possibly not like this?
    There is a very very good.
    Best show ever!!! Don't cancel!!!
    Great show, and it gets even better each episode.
    very promising even excellent,
    Easily my favorite Science Fiction show on TV. One of the few that actually seems aimed at adults and not Transformer fans. One event sets into motion a large unfolding mystery, that they better give me closure on, because I am hooked,
    I think they only have very short story line,
    A good series so far,

Amazing, i say
  • favorite show ever!!I've been waiting for the next season and am really upset now that i see its canceled. :(

favorite show ever!!I've been waiting for the next season to air, checked my tivo non stop.I'm really upset now that i see its canceled.this was a terrific show that i NEVER missed! I told all my friends about this show, and now its over! what can the fans do to get it back? I tryed whatching V and lost but im not intrested like i was for flash forward and now im to upset to get caught up in anything new like The Event. It isnt what i want to watch and im afriad if i like it, it'll cancel.
  • they should have chose flashforward over V

ABC said that because ratings were low with both shows they were going to have to cancel one of them, they had to chose between the two and they chose V ,and they decided to cancel flashforward. i've watched some of V, and personally i think Flashforward is way better, and i liked the story line of Flashforward a lot more than the story line of V, i don't understand why they couldn't just let it run for another season to see if more people start watching it, and if after antoher season it still has really low ratings then they consider canceling it.

• Sinking ship

I gave up on this show long ago, after the sixth or seventh episode. The premise of FF was quite promising, the result was instead quite poor. I mean the whole thing about the agent (sorry i forgot the name) and his wife is just plain annoying. the thing about the flash forward coming true or not after a while failed to catch my interest. Don't get me started on the bad guys: claiming the whole thing was an experiment gone wrong ( or whatever), that's it? 30 MILLIONS dead and you go on TV and say "I'm sorry"? who are you? Tiger Woods and the kind? (On a unrelated topic: I'll never understand why famous people have always to spill their guts in front of everyone). I put this show on a personal hiatus, but now, after having seen its rating, I can wave goodbye to it ( without regret).
  • HAS BLOWN ME AWAY!! TOTALLY ADDICTED!

The concept of the show is awesome! The whole planet seeing the future is different from your usual sci-fi shows. I'm enjoying watching the future come true and the characters trying to put the piece together. For being a tv show the graphics are really good, at least in my eyes they are. The hints you get during commercials is also intriguing and keeps you thinking. The actors are playing their roles really well. I've introduced this show to my BFF and she is totally hooked onto the show. Can you imagine if this was to really happen... its nuts to think about it. Hope the show keeps its pace and keeps the mystery going.
  • What started with an intriguing premise has floundered into shallow pool of gimmicky storylines, awkward writing and even worse acting, and god-awful editing that ought to be far better considering the production value.

4.5

I'm trying to be patient with 'Flash Forward' and to give it the benefit of a doubt, but damn if it isn't getting hard. Story-wise, the show is spreading itself far too thin, trying too hard to intertwine all of its characters without letting us become better acquainted first. One of the reasons 'Lost' was so captivating was because it took its time to familiarize us with each major character, and even some of the less important ones. So far I have zero empathy for any of FF's characters. Too much, too soon. We needed to wallow in the weirdness of the blackout a little longer. Now they're all just makin' out and shooting people. Booooring.

Our running joke while watching Fiennes' character grumble strenuously through his lines is that he's "going through some stuff" (something he actually said during an episode). This guy is so over-the-top intense that he's comical, and I'm beginning to wonder if the writers don't hold some kind of grudge against Fiennes. Everything he says is so hilariously forceful and over-concentrated that my partner and I will miss a good ten minutes of the show by taking turns imitating him. It isn't just the writing, either. Someone needs to pull the giant prickly pear out of his behind. Relax, buddy. Just because you were cool in the 90s and your brother is amazing doesn't mean you need to try so excruciatingly hard. It's painful to watch.

Where 'Lost' deftly maneuvered us through relationships and plot twists, subtly letting us pick up clues and winding our own mythologies until they cleverly unveiled their plots, FF slams each discovery into our faces. Every twist is pointed out, explained, and immediately resolved by the characters. They've left nothing to the imagination, which is why they won't be seeing many fan theory sites popping up. What is there to speculate on? More importantly, how the hell are they going to stretch it out for more than a season?

Finally, the editing is shoddy and confused. Music tracks will spurt up awkwardly, as if to say "we've run out of interesting things to say, so here's a hip indie track to listen to while watching the actors look pensive. This makes us cool, right??" The music is ill-fitted and distracting. It's a time-waster. On top of all that, scenes are cut off abruptly, without the timing, style or grace that should come with a quick cut. At this point we're only watching it for the amusing over-acting and to smugly point out it's stupidity. Like 'Fringe' (an awful, blatant, and poorly executed rip-off of 'X-Files'), it's become the show that simply accommodates endless parodies and bafflement at what highly paid and allegedly talented production teams will spit out for the masses.
  • Slllloooooowwwwww.....

I gave this five episodes after an opening episode that was visually great and which set up an intriguing premise (loved the end of ep 1 hook with the guy in the baseball stadium!) - and then nothing happened for the next four eps. Talk about over-stretching the story! I always thought one of the strengths of Yank TV was the amount of story they crammed into an hour, but the lack of drama and clunky dialogue (along with the most hilariously naff shoot-out I've seen for twenty years) made me switch off. Spent all the money on the visual flash (by the way, anyone else getting sick of this high gloss style of shooting?), didn't spend enough time or money on the story. Not recommended.
  • Easily my favorite Science Fiction show on TV. One of the few that actually seems aimed at adults and not Transformer fans. One event sets into motion a large unfolding mystery, that they better give me closure on, because I am hooked.

It is getting harder all the time to find any decent TV aimed at adults, that becomes even more difficult when there is Science Fiction in the mix. Often you get a bunch of Pseudo Science nonsense like Fringe.

Here we have one event, while likely scientifically impossible, it is only one chasm to leap, not a new increasingly improbable bit of pseudo science each week(at least not yet).

The cast seems good, with solid chemistry/acting. Unfortunately it doesn't seem to doing that well in the ratings. I am not sure why. Too conventional?

After the flash, we have a massive mystery to unravel, so we get highly plausible mystery show as it unfolds. Maybe that is the issue, some people want to see more stuff blow up each week. I just hope we get at least two season and closure on the mystery.
  • Awesome

What's with all the hate for this show? No, this show is not the next LOST, no show will ever be the next LOST, because no one will ever be able to top it. But i think that this show is going in the right direction. I think everyone is hating on this show just because it hasn't lived up to all of the expectations. But i do love shows like this, alot of characters, mysterious storylines with cliffhangers at the end of almost every single episode. I recommend this show to everyone, and to forget about any other tv shows while watching it. This is it's own tv show, it shouldn't have to be compared to others to be considered good.
  • How can you possibly not like this?

This is a very epic masterpiece from ABC... many people don't like this show and to tell the truth I don't understand why! Series has a very daring screenplay and gives us many questions... it's well acted and for sure it's not predictable! I really hope that they won't spoil the series and I don't get this "show went the wrong way" reviews! show went the right exact way it should be! So if you're new and don't know if you wanna watch this series I have an answer for you: WATCH IT! it's worth your time... P.S: stop comparing this show to LOST this is different
  • THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!! even from lost..(so far)

the best show ever!!!!
    even from lost..(so far)
    i agree with tone-def78 100%. watch them consecutively
    as for u 8ruciato go and watch desperate housewifes. i think its ur show..
    and by the way its way different from the book. the show is fast, it has questions and alot of action, mystery, drama. it something like lost.. but i like it more. lost although is fantstic it kept for so long and i really hope that the end of this show would be equivalent to what we saw so far. heroes had an excellent first season but from then is ziro, nothing, f, 0. Fringe is quit good although i threw up with the last episode. V is interesting but kinda poor. flash is the best and i really hope to last three seasons(max).
  • Here are the votes from Holland.... Lost 9, Flash Forward 10!!

I am an absolute LOST freak and for me LOST is the best serie ever written.... till there was "Flash Forward". I have to admit this show is even better than LOST!! So I am speaking for all the people in Holland.... we are begging you all NOT to cancel this most wonderfull, thrilled, well directed, great casted serie of all time!!!! I really cannot imagine that there are people who don't like this show.... I hardly can wait for each next episode... Even on the other side of the world..... Please please please continue this promising show for at least another 10 seasons!!! If not... I am going to find a way to cause a global blackout myself!! :) THANK YOU!!!
  • Best show ever!!! Don't cancel!!!

How could they cancel such an amazing show??? FlashForward is much better than Lost. It reminds me Prison Break. Mark Benford is becoming intelligent like Michael Scofield. And the "blackou-concept" is simply wonderful. I love physics and I never thought there would be a show like this one. FlashForward is not just an investigation show. It's a battle between Fate and Free Wil, a bit like Lost, but MUCH better than Lost. FlashForward is more realistic because it explains de blackout scientifically. When I first saw this show, I was really thrilled because I thought FlashForward would be the sucessor of Lost. It's the best show ever!!! Don't cancel FlashForward!!!
  • Amazing, i say.

To start, i gotta say .. you see a lot of shows like this, ok, that is true .. but the idea behing this one is completly amazing. It works just perfectly! I mean .. the mistery just keeps you stuck to your television waiting for more and that is a big part of making a great show! They just have to work with it, in my opinion doing a great job so far, and it will be success i'm sure of it :D And i also believe that the flashfowards won't all become real/true .. But something tells me that (poor) Dimitri ain't gonna survive his one .. :)
  • A show with good premise and potential that went wrong really quickly.

I have to say I was really looking forward to this show and I really wanted to like it, maybe my expectations were too high, but I completely lost interest after the first few episodes. The pilot was fairly well-done and decent but as the series went on, the plot seemed to go nowhere and I couldn't care less about the characters. It's one of the weakest points of the series actually: there's no strong or really interesting character among them, and I'm still not sure that Joseph Fiennes was the right choice for the main role. I don't mind slow storytelling as long as it is done well and can keep me interested, but that's not the case with FlashForward. Calling this show "the new Lost" is just as nonsense as FF itself has become. I wonder what they're gonna do next season (I guess we will learn what caused the black-out by the end of this season), they're already having trouble with the storyline and the dialogues.

To simply put, FlashForward needs better writing, it's too predictable and artificial, easily the biggest disappointment of the year. The fact that I gave this show a 5/10 shows how kind-hearted I am...
  • DVR it and watch them consecutively.

I finally got some time to watch this show after saving 15 Episodes on DVR. I started to watch this Sunday morning and got hooked. I wasted a whole a day watching 15 episodes straight through. I can't possibly see how this show can get anything less than a 10. I should have waited for the last 4 episodes to air. I hate being left in suspense.

A great Sci Fi TV show with a little of everything. Doctors, Lawyers, FBI, Drama, Politics, Life and Family with a twist of an evil villain and mystery behind his motive. A great show that deserves more credit. This takes the spot as a tie next to my other number 1 favorite - Fringe.
  • I think they only have very short story line.

They keep walking around an idea, and put bunch of unnecessery converstations and long scenes of city-escape or where people silent, which should be shorter. i do belive the only have a great story and very short story line, i think this show could end just in 13 episodes but they wanted make it a few season, so they are making it this way. episodes are so empty. just one story in every episode,which could be done in 5 minutes, and rest of trying to fill 40 minutes.moves very slow. but yet, story is so great, so unless they gone very boring i ll continue to watching that.
  • Show takes an infinitely fascinating enigma of science and turns it into a marginally unusual criminal investigation.

It's good to see that networks are still willing to give a chance to a show with a remotely original concept, at least once every few seasons. Unfortunately, this show isn't really stacking up to it's potential. The concept, precognition, revolves entirely around causality. The really interesting question the premise poses is whether or not the future is set in stone. There is theoretical physics behind causality. Studying the reliability of the flash-forwards would help understand the science behind them and figure out how it happened. For instance, how do you explain that in the flash-forwards no one seems to know what's going on even though we know exactly when it will? These kind of problems of causality would be fascinating to see challenged and investigated.

The show, however, seems completely uninterested in the science of the phenomena. I think the purely criminal investigation perspective of the show will be the downfall of a potentially brilliant premise.
  • Hmmm..

An extremly interesting premise with an extremly interesting beggining. I mean let's look at what they've set up here... looking at your future 6 months from now. Imagine it!!! How would you feel? Would you be happy? Would you do everything you can to make sure it comes true? Or the opposite?
    Unfortunately... the interesting premise is not enough. It's quite hard to call the charactors uninteresting: one knows he is doomed for death so will do anything to change it, one knows in 6 months he'll have all the answers and will be attacked for it, one knows her marraige will be over and the guy who shes with may actually be behind the whole thing, one knows his dead daughter may actually be alive, one knows he'll be taking a crap...

I mean that is pretty good. All the potential is there! So... what is going wrong? Simple. You cannot connect with them. The plot is not interesting enough. The whole marriage storyline is wayyyy to soapy. Im intrigued enough to keep watching but its slowley starting to get boring. They are not developing it properly enough. Finally they are adressing the question that the Flashforwards can be changed which may well be enough to keep me tuned. They need to develope the charactors furthur. I mean come on, its not hard to imagine a brilliant show here.
  • very promising even excellent

I think this series can be promising and I think that they can surprise us with the development. I hope they have a few asses up their sleeve; they have an amazing cast and a pretty good script so I think that this series can be amazing. They have to move faster to keep the public watching, they have all the ingredients to a good receipt. It is difficult to imagine what will happen if everybody would see the future. Will we change it? Will we do everything in our power to make it happen / change it? The future depends if we want it to happen or not! Our amazing cast can show as our different choices.
  • Great show, and it gets even better each episode.

I really don't understand the logic of TV companies. They launch stupid shows about hospitals or cops each and every year, which last like... forever then. At the same time they cancel smart and interesting shows with great scripts and actors: Firefly, Drive, Day Break, Moonlight, Traveler to name the least.

I really hope, that Flash Forward will last longer, because it's really enjoyable. I has very nice intrigue, good cast crew and it's NOT about hospital or cops.

Seriously, you should stop watching Medi/Police-something and switch you channel to shows like Flash Forward. Otherwise we'll be watching crappy shows till the end of days.
  • NEED to widen the area of blackout zone, to at least east coast. really doing good in UK hopefuly it dose great in US. love the show.

i like the cast and the comerodity of them all. the action is really GREAT un the first episode. love the effvect if looking into the visions. i hope they widen the area out and not just keep to the la area. i hope they go around the world or even around the us so we can see how they are dealing with this problem. it would be really great if they went to small town communities or some place other then the west coast. moving on, with John Cho bein dead really makes no sense but defantily worth watchin. And saying God did this to punish us REALLY goes above and beyond the moral and the fitcion of the story. the stories/visions r coming true this is now defeinaly worth watching to see how the show goes on. great ending with 'suspect zero.'
  • A good series so far

So what episode are we on now? Episode 6 I'm guessing the show gets better each week, with new twists that get you excited to see what happens next. FlashForwards first episode was very promising but the show slowed down a bit that was until Simon was introduced played by the brilliant Dominic Monaghan. John Cho's charater Dimitri is very intresting as well. The show is so over the top the acting really really over the top it makes the show some how funny and it doesnt bother me anymore plus Dom puts the rest to shame with his acting on top form.
  • Great concept but poorly and filled with propaganda.

I'll watch any show that deals w temporal anomalies - LOVE THEM! Like how everything is happening because they've seen it happen or they're trying to prevent what they saw.

That said, this show is poorly written, composed and delivered. Not so much the fault of the great cast of sci-fi alumni I think. More Brannon Braga & co. It's a big and shiny-looking show but that's about it. This works even less in a show so heavy on dialogue. It feels like The 4400. Flashforward's sort of predictable, pun intended.

Of course the actual prophecy/predestination part is always hard to get right. Those inconsitencies don't bug me that much.

(Quick note: LOVE the Oceanic Airlines billboard in the pilot =P)

What does bother me is how the mindset of everyday life in the US is presented (recalling the Entertainment Industry Foundation's directive to promote government activities on television - eifoundation.org The EIF btw uses the same kind of star for its logo as is seen several times on this show. Just thought it interesting to note...)

Here are some points for viewers to consider:

There is a huge, clearly visible ad on a medical website promoting the now controversial flu vacination. It doesn't say H1N1, but it presents a study comparing the injection to the nasal spray. ep4

Martial Law - no one has anything against armed soldiers and choppers everywhere. ep1,2,3

While witholding a prisoner's due process is officially uncool, if Alda had something to do with the attack the FBI should "Go Dick Chaney on her ass" says Zoey, the LAWYER! ep4

Characters repeatedly state that "It's a new world" due to the attack, therefore the rules should be bent.

The Somalia report from 1991: DHS was formed 2002 it didn't exist in 1991! Uninformed misstake or Orvellian plant? You decide. ep3

Power-tripping TSA officer. ep3
  • Smile you're on Flashforward...

Now I know that Flashforward is a drama, but seriously, can no one smile at all? I am not sure there has been a single funny or even humorous scene (unless you count the ridiculously funny combo of music and action in the gunfight at the end of episode 5). I feel like the characters believe April 29, 2010 will be the end of the world. Seriously, lighten up. I don't mind TV being serious, in fact I prefer drama to comedy, but you can't be completely serious all the time. No one is like that in real life. Can the writers not think of a single comic relief scene? The script outline in the writer's room probably goes something like this: exciting scene, several mundane scenes, suspenseful scene, exciting scene, repeat.

I realize the world probably seems like it is falling apart to these people and most of them have personal issues (this is a drama after all), but there is always the person in the group who cracks the joke or does something funny to lighten the mood when it gets too dreary. I would be seriously depressed and start drinking if all my friends were as straight-faced and full of anxiety as these characters are.
  • A great concept show… Telling the tale of how the entire planet blacked out and everyone saw visions of their own lives six months on. However this show is just poorly executed, and in serious need of an adrenaline kick to pick up the pace of the p

A great concept show poorly executed…
    However this show is just poorly executed, and in serious need of an adrenaline kick to pick up the pace of the plot.
    One of the main problems is that there are too many characters with interwoven story lines that don't reveal enough about themselves to make you care what happens to them each week let alone six months from now.
    Each episode leaves unanswered questions. You forget the plot each week, so you can't be bothered with it in the end. This TV series will probably work well on DVD when you can watch 2 or 3 episodes together.
    Invest your time in this series if you have nothing better to do, but prepare to be confused.
  • Flash Forward is not the jump out of your chair series to be compared with Lost but still has plenty of thrills for the viewers to get excited.

Flash Forward is the new show that was said to be the Lost companion before the new Lost season ending off Lost's run. The pilot was a very good episode, followed by a very good second episode but the third episode failed to impress. The show is not as energetic and fast paced as Lost is. But don't throw this show down just yet because Flash Forward could pull of some things that could really impress us and send us to better reviews. Thus far it has got some negative criticism from some of us here at tv.com but don't discard Flash Forward just yet. These things take time. ;)
  • Best show since Lost and Fringe!

I love these shows that are so mysterious and addicting that you want to go online right after the show and talk about it with other fans. You just want to know what exactly is going on, and you find it so disappointing that the show wasn't two hours long instead of just one. This is one of those shows! It's in the same line to me as Lost and Fringe are, you can talk about it for hours, read forums and lose track of time because you are totally sucked into the story. If you haven't seen it yet, go watch it! If you love science fiction, action and a bit of drama, this is the show for you!
  • The plot centers around an eerie, chaotic vision of the future after a mysterious event makes everyone on Earth lose consciousness. Later, as people start waking up, the world starts changing because people know their future.

I love the concept of this show and I'm glad to see it's not just another rehash of a concept done already or one that has been tried too often. The idea of the entire world blacking out and there being at least one person we know of that was unaffected is amazing!

The one knock I'll give this show unfortunately is that overall it is lacking the true sense of how big this situation is! I'm sorry but coming to realize that the whole world has blacked out should would not have people simply moving on.

The reaction by now should still be one of "OMG" and "WTF is going on" and I don't get that feeling from this world at all. Don't get me wrong some of the characters are pulling off the pain of the situation well (Dimitri, Aaron, Mark, and Stanford). Overall however I feel the world is not presenting me with people truly on edge after suffering from a "supernatural" event of sorts.

Other than that one ding I feel the concept is great, I feel a good portion of the actors are doing a good job, and so far I believe the pacing has been on the money with more and more being exposed each episode.

Just this week we learned that visions are not as straight forward as originally thought, there's something going on with crows, there was a previous blackout of sorts, and we know that there are some who were not affected. Of course, we have the not so great looking future for some as well!
  • The best new show this season!

Flash Forward is really the best new show! The actors and the story are great.

The whole worlds population loose conscious for 2mins and 17sec. During that time they see themselves 6 months from now, the end of April 2010.

The cast in this show really does a great job and it feels like they have known each other for a long time, it truly feels real. I'm very excited to see what this show will bring and curious to see what happens after 6 months in the show - I can't wait!

I really recommend this show! Do you enjoy Lost? Then you're gonna love this one.
1 2 3