FlashForward

ABC (ended 2010)

Gislef

FlashForward Fan Reviews (71)

• Major plot hole

3.5
    What if you could see the future? The buzz promises the next "Lost", well hardly - think about it - If everyone knew the exact date and time in the future they'll be seeing, then they would also know it in the future.

Come April 29th 2010, I, for example, would look at past winning lottery numbers or something, knowing that my past self could play those numbers, be rich and change the present.

This show better make sense quickly or it'll start losing viewers in my opinion.
    Is it doomed to be another "7 days" like debacle?

I really want to see a true "Lost" substitute, hope it'll come soon.
  • why do i wanna see a show where i already know whats gonna happen? oh well no wonder ratings are dropping and even the cast is splitting!!!

Various TV-related websites are reporting that a number of Flashforward stars are already signing up to TV Pilots that are currently being developed and which could possibly launch in the autumn as part of the new TV season.

With Flashforward ratings rapidly collapsing, stars are now jumping ship before it sinks, minimizing the little hope that remains for a possible second series of the series that was meant to be the next big thing after Lost.

Christine Woods who plays lesbian-yet-to-become-pregnant FBI agent Janice, has already signed up to star in the NBC sitcom pilot, 'Perfect Couples.' a comedy about three different married couples. The actress has however confirmed that if Flashforward is renewed she will quit the lead role in the new sitcom.

Meanwhile, actor Zachary Knighton who plays the yet-to-fall-in-love ER doc Byce, might never get to meet the love of his life Keiko, after having signed up to the new planned sitcom pilot Happy Endings. The one thing that might change this is that the new sitcom would air on ABC if it gets past the pilot stage and being on the same network as FF, ABC might have a say in this.

Finally, kid actor Ryan Wynott who plays creepy hospitalized Dyaln Simcoe, has been cast to star in the NBC pilot The Cape, a new drama about a wrongly accused police officer who sets out to become a hero, and which NBC is hoping to be the next big project to take up home in its mediocre schedules.

So, with the cast jumping ship - showing little faith in the project, and ratings nosediving fast, the future for FlashForward looks pretty bleak.
    Source: TV Squad, E Online, Vaya Tele
  • After watching the early previews, I wasn't impressed at all with this show, and didn't understand all the hype, but after reading Goyer's name on screen like 3 times, I was immediatelly excited, but it seems is tries very hard to be another "Lost".

After watching the early previews and trailer, I have to say, I wasn't impressed at all with this show, and didn't quite understand all the hype, but after reading David S. Goyer's name on screen, in like 3-4 credits, I was immediatelly excited.

I have to say, this show was enjoyable, but that's all, a 6.5 I'd give it, it seem to try very hard to copy 'Lost', instead of it's own thing, that becames very clear in the early scene, mysteries, everything, one Lost is enough, we don't need two, specially, considering the original one, went downhill pretty damn fast.
  • THE BEST SHOW EVER!!!! even from lost..(so far)

the best show ever!!!!
    even from lost..(so far)
    i agree with tone-def78 100%. watch them consecutively
    as for u 8ruciato go and watch desperate housewifes. i think its ur show..
    and by the way its way different from the book. the show is fast, it has questions and alot of action, mystery, drama. it something like lost.. but i like it more. lost although is fantstic it kept for so long and i really hope that the end of this show would be equivalent to what we saw so far. heroes had an excellent first season but from then is ziro, nothing, f, 0. Fringe is quit good although i threw up with the last episode. V is interesting but kinda poor. flash is the best and i really hope to last three seasons(max).
  • The main problem I have with this show is the question it tries to ask the viewer in "Can you change the future with prior knowledge of it?". And the reason why I have a problem with it is that the answer is so painfully obvious, YES!

If the whole world sees their own future, it's just ridiculous to think that they wouldn't be able to change it, and you could bring up thousands of examples of why that is the case. It just pains me when the characters can't realize this themselves.

Of course the future seen wouldn't be THAT far from what would happen from a real blackout as described in the show because some things you can't change even if you know it (like cancer and such things), but the suspense that the writers are trying to create just is lost because of this ridiculous notion. I'd would have to see more focus on the cause of the blackout and how people are actually trying to change or keep what they saw. I doubt that most people that saw a future they didn't like would just settle with that "truth" without trying to change it.

The show has certainly promise, and if it can get away from the existential questions and focus more on the science and drama it could excel in the future. Unfortunately I have a sneaking suspicion that it will not get enough time time to turn around the slowly sinking ship that it has become.
  • Very good but abit too much destruction.

When I first saw the trailer I didnt really think much of it but after seeing the pilot i'll be coming back for more. Sure it had some not so great moments, a little overdramatic acting, but still very good. I did ind the numerous mentions of "God" annoying but thats probably beacause I'm not religious. The other thing i found hard to swallow was the emeance destuction that ensued the blackout. All the car crashes are ofcourse understanable but over 800 plains down in the u.s alone and all the skyscapers being on fire? If im not totally wrong most plains fly on auto pilot or atleast dont need absolute constant pilot attention. And i only saw one helicopter that had crashed into a skyscraper, but why were all the rest burning?
    Any who, a strong pilot and hopefully a strong series. I just hope they dont try too hard and too much.
  • Sinking ship

I gave up on this show long ago, after the sixth or seventh episode. The premise of FF was quite promising, the result was instead quite poor. I mean the whole thing about the agent (sorry i forgot the name) and his wife is just plain annoying. the thing about the flash forward coming true or not after a while failed to catch my interest. Don't get me started on the bad guys: claiming the whole thing was an experiment gone wrong ( or whatever), that's it? 30 MILLIONS dead and you go on TV and say "I'm sorry"? who are you? Tiger Woods and the kind? (On a unrelated topic: I'll never understand why famous people have always to spill their guts in front of everyone). I put this show on a personal hiatus, but now, after having seen its rating, I can wave goodbye to it ( without regret).
  • Flash forward to September,24. Don't miss it or you'll regret it.

No, I am not a cast member of Lost or in this case ABC's new sci-fi drama Flash Forward.
    But today is September 22 and I want to share my first impressions of the pilot episode, which airs on September, 24.
    Actually ABC officially released the first seventeen minutes of the pilot. Heather's Blog attracted my attention, and I started looking for the whole pilot. When a new show starts, networks sometimes intentionally release pilots to internet and make fans talk about it. I found and watched it. My review will not have too much spoilers.
    A normal day in LA turns into a nightmare for the whole world, as everyone on earth looses consciousness for two minutes and seventeen seconds. After waking up almost everyone seems to remember a time stream six months later from the actual date, what they are doing. Are you going to have the same job, same husband in six months? What if you know the answer already now? Do you think what you seem to remember about future, will also happen?
    If you want to know the answers tune in on ABC September 24th, 8:00 p.m.
    Cast with Dominic Monaghan, Jack Davenport, Zachary Knighton, Joseph Fiennes promises to be the best new fall show.
    Don't forget to watch for the billboards, you'll be surprised.
  • DVR it and watch them consecutively.

I finally got some time to watch this show after saving 15 Episodes on DVR. I started to watch this Sunday morning and got hooked. I wasted a whole a day watching 15 episodes straight through. I can't possibly see how this show can get anything less than a 10. I should have waited for the last 4 episodes to air. I hate being left in suspense.

A great Sci Fi TV show with a little of everything. Doctors, Lawyers, FBI, Drama, Politics, Life and Family with a twist of an evil villain and mystery behind his motive. A great show that deserves more credit. This takes the spot as a tie next to my other number 1 favorite - Fringe.
  • very promising even excellent

I think this series can be promising and I think that they can surprise us with the development. I hope they have a few asses up their sleeve; they have an amazing cast and a pretty good script so I think that this series can be amazing. They have to move faster to keep the public watching, they have all the ingredients to a good receipt. It is difficult to imagine what will happen if everybody would see the future. Will we change it? Will we do everything in our power to make it happen / change it? The future depends if we want it to happen or not! Our amazing cast can show as our different choices.
  • Best show ever!!! Don't cancel!!!

How could they cancel such an amazing show??? FlashForward is much better than Lost. It reminds me Prison Break. Mark Benford is becoming intelligent like Michael Scofield. And the "blackou-concept" is simply wonderful. I love physics and I never thought there would be a show like this one. FlashForward is not just an investigation show. It's a battle between Fate and Free Wil, a bit like Lost, but MUCH better than Lost. FlashForward is more realistic because it explains de blackout scientifically. When I first saw this show, I was really thrilled because I thought FlashForward would be the sucessor of Lost. It's the best show ever!!! Don't cancel FlashForward!!!
  • I think they only have very short story line.

They keep walking around an idea, and put bunch of unnecessery converstations and long scenes of city-escape or where people silent, which should be shorter. i do belive the only have a great story and very short story line, i think this show could end just in 13 episodes but they wanted make it a few season, so they are making it this way. episodes are so empty. just one story in every episode,which could be done in 5 minutes, and rest of trying to fill 40 minutes.moves very slow. but yet, story is so great, so unless they gone very boring i ll continue to watching that.
  • loved it!

Flashforward was great. The pilot introduced some interesting characters, and the mystery of who caused the worldwide blackout will keep me watching. The only potential problem I see is with mainstream America. Most of them are too busy watching overweight people compete for prizes or talentless hacks judging other talentless hacks. These people normally aren't into science fiction. I know I'm making a broad generalization, but look back at the "Journeymans" and the "Fireflys" and you'll see what I mean. It looks like the writers have some good stuff to work with here, and I'm anxious to see what happens. I just won't get too attached. You know, just in case...
  • Slllloooooowwwwww.....

I gave this five episodes after an opening episode that was visually great and which set up an intriguing premise (loved the end of ep 1 hook with the guy in the baseball stadium!) - and then nothing happened for the next four eps. Talk about over-stretching the story! I always thought one of the strengths of Yank TV was the amount of story they crammed into an hour, but the lack of drama and clunky dialogue (along with the most hilariously naff shoot-out I've seen for twenty years) made me switch off. Spent all the money on the visual flash (by the way, anyone else getting sick of this high gloss style of shooting?), didn't spend enough time or money on the story. Not recommended.
  • I do have to say, I'm very impressed.

So my mother talked about this show called 'FlashForward' and seeing we watch almost everything together, she wanted me to watch this along with her as well. So, she finally got me by saying that Domonic Monaghan was going to be in this. So, we positioned ourselves and watched the first episode and it blew me away.

It is well thought through, the entire planet goes knock out. They all see what happens in the future and it got me thinking about those who see nothing. Lucky me, somebody saw nothing and came to the same conclusion I had. You're a dead man. Anyhow, people die and there is an epic drama going on. We've all seen the epic drama beginning during lost and lost kind of lost it's mojo on me so I hope this will not be disappointing as lost was. I hope this will keep surprising me, as it did this time. Because, honestly, I want to see what happened next.
  • What started with an intriguing premise has floundered into shallow pool of gimmicky storylines, awkward writing and even worse acting, and god-awful editing that ought to be far better considering the production value.

4.5

I'm trying to be patient with 'Flash Forward' and to give it the benefit of a doubt, but damn if it isn't getting hard. Story-wise, the show is spreading itself far too thin, trying too hard to intertwine all of its characters without letting us become better acquainted first. One of the reasons 'Lost' was so captivating was because it took its time to familiarize us with each major character, and even some of the less important ones. So far I have zero empathy for any of FF's characters. Too much, too soon. We needed to wallow in the weirdness of the blackout a little longer. Now they're all just makin' out and shooting people. Booooring.

Our running joke while watching Fiennes' character grumble strenuously through his lines is that he's "going through some stuff" (something he actually said during an episode). This guy is so over-the-top intense that he's comical, and I'm beginning to wonder if the writers don't hold some kind of grudge against Fiennes. Everything he says is so hilariously forceful and over-concentrated that my partner and I will miss a good ten minutes of the show by taking turns imitating him. It isn't just the writing, either. Someone needs to pull the giant prickly pear out of his behind. Relax, buddy. Just because you were cool in the 90s and your brother is amazing doesn't mean you need to try so excruciatingly hard. It's painful to watch.

Where 'Lost' deftly maneuvered us through relationships and plot twists, subtly letting us pick up clues and winding our own mythologies until they cleverly unveiled their plots, FF slams each discovery into our faces. Every twist is pointed out, explained, and immediately resolved by the characters. They've left nothing to the imagination, which is why they won't be seeing many fan theory sites popping up. What is there to speculate on? More importantly, how the hell are they going to stretch it out for more than a season?

Finally, the editing is shoddy and confused. Music tracks will spurt up awkwardly, as if to say "we've run out of interesting things to say, so here's a hip indie track to listen to while watching the actors look pensive. This makes us cool, right??" The music is ill-fitted and distracting. It's a time-waster. On top of all that, scenes are cut off abruptly, without the timing, style or grace that should come with a quick cut. At this point we're only watching it for the amusing over-acting and to smugly point out it's stupidity. Like 'Fringe' (an awful, blatant, and poorly executed rip-off of 'X-Files'), it's become the show that simply accommodates endless parodies and bafflement at what highly paid and allegedly talented production teams will spit out for the masses.
  • The best new show this season!

Flash Forward is really the best new show! The actors and the story are great.

The whole worlds population loose conscious for 2mins and 17sec. During that time they see themselves 6 months from now, the end of April 2010.

The cast in this show really does a great job and it feels like they have known each other for a long time, it truly feels real. I'm very excited to see what this show will bring and curious to see what happens after 6 months in the show - I can't wait!

I really recommend this show! Do you enjoy Lost? Then you're gonna love this one.
  • Awesome

What's with all the hate for this show? No, this show is not the next LOST, no show will ever be the next LOST, because no one will ever be able to top it. But i think that this show is going in the right direction. I think everyone is hating on this show just because it hasn't lived up to all of the expectations. But i do love shows like this, alot of characters, mysterious storylines with cliffhangers at the end of almost every single episode. I recommend this show to everyone, and to forget about any other tv shows while watching it. This is it's own tv show, it shouldn't have to be compared to others to be considered good.
  • NEED to widen the area of blackout zone, to at least east coast. really doing good in UK hopefuly it dose great in US. love the show.

i like the cast and the comerodity of them all. the action is really GREAT un the first episode. love the effvect if looking into the visions. i hope they widen the area out and not just keep to the la area. i hope they go around the world or even around the us so we can see how they are dealing with this problem. it would be really great if they went to small town communities or some place other then the west coast. moving on, with John Cho bein dead really makes no sense but defantily worth watchin. And saying God did this to punish us REALLY goes above and beyond the moral and the fitcion of the story. the stories/visions r coming true this is now defeinaly worth watching to see how the show goes on. great ending with 'suspect zero.'
  • A good series so far

So what episode are we on now? Episode 6 I'm guessing the show gets better each week, with new twists that get you excited to see what happens next. FlashForwards first episode was very promising but the show slowed down a bit that was until Simon was introduced played by the brilliant Dominic Monaghan. John Cho's charater Dimitri is very intresting as well. The show is so over the top the acting really really over the top it makes the show some how funny and it doesnt bother me anymore plus Dom puts the rest to shame with his acting on top form.
  • Very promising.

I really liked the concept, and one thing that impressed me was the "messiness" of it -- a shared experience, but some people are hopeful, some dismayed, some just mystified, and it takes time for everybody to realize that the time-travel is the real mystery, because each one assumed at first that they were just dreaming.

The one thing that bugs me is this -- a worldwide phenomenon, yet the only people investigating it are three non-scientists in a regional FBI office? It's not like Mulder and Scully picking up odd crimes. Wouldn't this be a huge international project? Or will we see other investigators later?

Also, since the "future" is at the end of the season, how could the show run for more than a year?
  • I think its a great series. With LOST I wouldnt compare, because it not even belong in the same subgenre. i would rather compare with

I think its a great series. With LOST I wouldnt compare, because it not even belong in the same subgenre. i would rather compare with Fringe and less known Invasion, which unfortunately ABC canceled after one season (due to Hurricane Katrina..?)

Anyway a very good pilot I must say, worth 5/5. Even on the first minutes it blown me away and the cliffhanger let me thinking. But I pray not to stick plots like terrorist attack (or even more, and US terror attack..God, people know how much i hated that in Jericho). Or some BS Alien Theory. It would be nice if they implement a little religion thing in the series that make parallel with the action (see Battlestar Galactica).

I would rather be a short series and good (currently 13 episodes ordered by ABC) than one that would decrease season by season (see Prison Break).

Side Note: In the future, I saw myself watching one of the last episodes of Lost, btw I will not give you spoilers. Kidding :d
  • Best show since Lost and Fringe!

I love these shows that are so mysterious and addicting that you want to go online right after the show and talk about it with other fans. You just want to know what exactly is going on, and you find it so disappointing that the show wasn't two hours long instead of just one. This is one of those shows! It's in the same line to me as Lost and Fringe are, you can talk about it for hours, read forums and lose track of time because you are totally sucked into the story. If you haven't seen it yet, go watch it! If you love science fiction, action and a bit of drama, this is the show for you!
  • A great concept show… Telling the tale of how the entire planet blacked out and everyone saw visions of their own lives six months on. However this show is just poorly executed, and in serious need of an adrenaline kick to pick up the pace of the p

A great concept show poorly executed…
    However this show is just poorly executed, and in serious need of an adrenaline kick to pick up the pace of the plot.
    One of the main problems is that there are too many characters with interwoven story lines that don't reveal enough about themselves to make you care what happens to them each week let alone six months from now.
    Each episode leaves unanswered questions. You forget the plot each week, so you can't be bothered with it in the end. This TV series will probably work well on DVD when you can watch 2 or 3 episodes together.
    Invest your time in this series if you have nothing better to do, but prepare to be confused.
  • INHERANT PROBLEM WITH CONTINUING STORYLINE SHOWS

I FOUND THIS SHOW ON 'HULU'. BEFORE WATCHING IT, I ACQUIRED THE SCIFI NOVEL ON WHICH IT WAS BASED. THE BOOK WAS AWFUL! BUT THE TV SHOW WAS WELL DONE. AFTER WATCHING THE ENTIRE SERIES, THOUGH, I FELT LIKE I ULTIMATELY WASTED MY TIME. THE PRODUCERS OBVIOUSLY PLANNED ON CONTINUING THE SERIES AT LEAST ONE MORE YEAR, BUT THE NETWORK 'PULLED THE RUG OUT FROM UNDER THEM'. I SUGGEST, IN THE FUTURE, PRODUCERS OF SUCH SHOWS GET AN IRON-CLAD COMMITMENT FROM THE NETWORK OR WORK ON SETTING UP A BACKUP NETWORK, LIKE SCYFY OR TNT, TO ASSURE THE SHOW REACHES ITS PLANNED CONCLUSION.
  • Different, but the same.

Flashforward was a very unique premise, it seemed like it would make a good show, but I never could see it being able to turn that premise into a series. And in the end, it was never turned into a series. It had been cancelled after one season, unfortunately. It's too bad that this show was cancelled, it was a good show. It was no Lost, and I think, although it was trying to be "The Next Lost" it wasn't trying to completely copy everything about it (although the similarities between the two were often eerie). The acting in this show was subpar. Joseph Fiennes is a pretty bad actor, but the rest of the cast does good enough to make that acceptable. Overall, this show wasn't terrible, and it's definitely not as bad as some people say. I'd give it watch, just for fun.
  • Will FlashForward just be a flash in the pan? That depends on your vision.

ABC's new sci-fi/drama series FlashForward centers around a global event in which humanity inexplicably loses consciousness for a little over 2 minutes. During this blackout a portion of the population have visions of their lives six months into the future. Apparently some didn't experience any visions at all perhaps due to having no future to see. The plot then narrows down further to a group of people in Los Angeles loosely connected to each other via work or family. This is where the plot looses a bit of focus. The drama begins to stretch itself thin as the "What did you see in your vision?" question is asked. Their responses and reactions are extremely unsatisfying. These characters appear to assume that their fates have been sealed by a vision they are powerless to change. On the whole, FastForward has an interesting premise which may eventually lead to discussions regarding predestination and free will. ABC may be touting it as the companion series to Lost yet, as this pilot episode shows, they sorely need J.J. Abrams on their writing staff.
  • The entire world blacks out for 2 minutes and 17 seconds, and they flash to their futures. Some people would like their futures to come true while others are in a race against time to figure out what exactly their visions mean.

When I first watched a preview for this new ABC show over the summer I was surprised at what I saw. Joseph Fiennes away from theatre acting, John Cho away from Comedy? I can say that it surprised me to see these two actors about to star in a new drama together. A few weeks passed and I remembered that this show was set to debut. I watched it, and I can honestly say it was a great debut. Fiennes and Cho were both amazing as two FBI partners. The thing that really hit me about this show is that the possibilities are endless. They can explore anything they want. They can go anywhere they want, and it wont seem out of the ordinary. They have introduced characters that are relatable and even have a story line centered around a child. If that cannot hook even the biggest fan of suspense then I dont know what can.

As far as the date of April 29th, 2010 being the end of this show, I say nay to all you people who doubt what this show has to offer. I think the April 29th date is just the beginning of what will be ABCs FlashForward. Expect a thrilling season with a cliffhanger season finale, because I can already see it coming (I saw it in my Flashforward). Season 1 will be full of surprises, like who is Suspect Zero, Why did this person not get effected? And the biggest question of all, how do you get over 6 billion people to have a flash of the future? Are the futures avoidable? Will Demetri be dead as of March 15th? How is D.Gibbons and why 137 seconds? All this and more is what we have to look foward to. And some clever ligh hearted moments featuring John Cho perhaps? Who Knows. Jump on the bandwagon and find out.
  • Great show, and it gets even better each episode.

I really don't understand the logic of TV companies. They launch stupid shows about hospitals or cops each and every year, which last like... forever then. At the same time they cancel smart and interesting shows with great scripts and actors: Firefly, Drive, Day Break, Moonlight, Traveler to name the least.

I really hope, that Flash Forward will last longer, because it's really enjoyable. I has very nice intrigue, good cast crew and it's NOT about hospital or cops.

Seriously, you should stop watching Medi/Police-something and switch you channel to shows like Flash Forward. Otherwise we'll be watching crappy shows till the end of days.
  • nice show good story high budget with the effects almost like a movie

i just finished watching the episodes of the show and i had a really good first impression.it looks like a movie with the effects it`s a high budget show plus i had really intresting story unlike anything else i have seen recently on tv .i think i`m gonna like this show.we should wait and see how it`s gonna develop.i really looking forward on this.i just hope so the writers aren`t gonna ruin this show with the aliens or some relligion crap or worst make it like Lost.i don`t think the viewers gonna like that.it should be good show to watch and the acting is good the story we should wait and see
< 1 2 3