FlashForward

ABC (ended 2010)

Gislef

FlashForward Fan Reviews (71)

• flashforward best serires movie

i can't believe any one will rate another serires movie above flashforward. i have seen lost, V, 24...... lot of series movies but none is more interesting than flashforward. please ABC bring d movie back, flashforward as uncountable fans and we can't wait for season two
  • Tv shows are not meant for intelligent people

Well, that's my conclusion anyway when you see that incredibly stupid shows as CSI, Vegas, 24 et al get season after season when something as good as Flash Forward (or the River or Point Pleasant, or -fill name of brain stimulating show-) gets cancelled.
  • Could not stop watching it

i just watched the entire season online in about 10 days. I couldn't stop watching it. The best show I have seen in a long time. The concept, twists, and the intensity of all the characters potential futures unfolding kept me coming back wondering whats going to really happen. I was on the edge of my seat with eyes pealed to my computer monitor. It took me on an emotional rollercoaster where i was in shock, omg, laughing, crying and curious on what is going to happen. This is what kept me coming back.

I didnt watch it when it was on TV because i didn't know about it. I am saddened to see there was no second season, because of perceived loss of viewers. How do they figure out how they lost viewers anyway? Marketing and promotion was obviously uncreative and didnt show what it was about, and probobly didnt reach people who are online more than on TV, like me. The cancellation is all bs, and about the money. I have a feeling that the expenses on making a show like this thats worth watching is so high that they are not making any money from it. Thats why shows like this get cancelled and reality tv gets all the time slots. Reality shows dont cost as much to produce, No explosions and special effects, stunts high demanding actors etc. Its a shame that everything always comes down to the money while everything else suffers and gets stifled. Dont worry ABC i see your future if you dont start producing shows that people actually want to see. Not many people i know watch TV anymore, and that number is increasing. No watchers, sponsorship, no money no network unless you change something. Maybe showing controversial documentaries, independent films, and shows like this will get you back some of those people.
  • Love it

Awesome show. Shouldn't have removed it, wish they would bring it back. It had a great story, great characters and I just love it
  • Back in 2014? Please?

Since they saw 2014 in the second blackout, does that mean this show will be back by then? *fingers crossed*

I can't believe this ended after one season, I thought it was freaking awesome! Yes, some details were missing in the end, but that just means there is even more reason for this show to go on.

Honestly, why (why!) did this end? :(
  • Wish they'd bring it back

I just watched the full season again on Netflix, and I remembered why I loved this show. I think that now they don't have to compete with LOST they could continue this series. Television is seriously lacking in good dramas as the airwaves are cluttered with 'reality' shows. I was very disappointed at the way they cancelled this when obviously they had more story to tell - felt a lot like the FIREFLY fans do.

Maybe they should take the remaining writing and turn it into a movie instead.
  • was to be a great show !

It would be great show if it wasn't ended in that way !
  • INHERANT PROBLEM WITH CONTINUING STORYLINE SHOWS

I FOUND THIS SHOW ON 'HULU'. BEFORE WATCHING IT, I ACQUIRED THE SCIFI NOVEL ON WHICH IT WAS BASED. THE BOOK WAS AWFUL! BUT THE TV SHOW WAS WELL DONE. AFTER WATCHING THE ENTIRE SERIES, THOUGH, I FELT LIKE I ULTIMATELY WASTED MY TIME. THE PRODUCERS OBVIOUSLY PLANNED ON CONTINUING THE SERIES AT LEAST ONE MORE YEAR, BUT THE NETWORK 'PULLED THE RUG OUT FROM UNDER THEM'. I SUGGEST, IN THE FUTURE, PRODUCERS OF SUCH SHOWS GET AN IRON-CLAD COMMITMENT FROM THE NETWORK OR WORK ON SETTING UP A BACKUP NETWORK, LIKE SCYFY OR TNT, TO ASSURE THE SHOW REACHES ITS PLANNED CONCLUSION.
  • Another great original show canceled!!!

Love this freaking show. Wish "they" would have NOT canceled it. Watched the season/series finale and it just made me want to watch it more to find out what happens next.
  • A great show

So I just finished watching FlashForward once again, and even though I had seen it before I was still clued to the screen all the time. It is a show you can forget if you don't see it for a long time but for me that's a good thing because then I can watch it again. I don't understand that there is no second season. The show ended like a good season finale is suppose to and could lead to a really good second season. It is shows like this I want to see on tv. When I turn on my tv, I see shows like csi. It's on during the day and then again in the evening. Lately it's been csi and csi:miami, and they're right after each other. They show csi for almost 3 hours. Csi is the same. Some one dies and they have to figure out how and why. FlashForward is so much more than that. It's a show where you get to follow a story and a group of people. At the beginning you're told what's going to happen in the end but you don't know for sure so you keep watching and you keep getting surprised and in the end it's nothing like you thought. That's my definition of a great show!!!
  • BRING IT BACK

please please please bring this show back i am still waiting for season 2. I really loved this show! I just got finished watching falling skies on TNT and that only made me miss this show. I waited every week for Flash Forward i was like some housewife waiting for her soaps. Now my addiction is Walking Dead On AMC what...did you hear that AMC Flash Forward is the shiz and you would have a loyal fan base if you could make it happen! I at least need some sort of closure I mean how can u just leave us at the cliff like that ABC? As for all you haters you could always just watch dancing with the stars or any other cr@ppy tv show out there. Come on TVland we love flash forward !!!!
  • just make 1 more season. something like a final one! the plot was the most interesting after LOST. it would be a shame not to continue this series

really loved.. kept my interest up almost in all episodes. have action, drama, shooting, conspiracy theories. exactly what a series need to be at the top.

you should really consider about making at least one more season. to end it in a good way and take us out of our curiosity!
  • FlashFoward.... Why did you have to go....

I love this series; I heard about it when it was airing on TV but never actually decided to watch it, until I came upon it this past month on Netflix and decided to watch it.
    I thought it was amazing seeing that all the shows now are horrible and have really noessentialplot line. And seeing some of my favorite Lost characters back on screen made me happy. I know why they cancelled it, because itwasn'tgetting as good a rankings as V or any of the other shows on ABC but why?
    This TV show was the only show at the time that had a basic plot line and was goingsomewhere. But they leave you left with the bits on Charliesmemory'sduring the last episode! I mean what is she talking about when she says 'They've found him."

ABC please next time you plan to cut a show, cut the one with no plot....

• Major plot hole

3.5
    What if you could see the future? The buzz promises the next "Lost", well hardly - think about it - If everyone knew the exact date and time in the future they'll be seeing, then they would also know it in the future.

Come April 29th 2010, I, for example, would look at past winning lottery numbers or something, knowing that my past self could play those numbers, be rich and change the present.

This show better make sense quickly or it'll start losing viewers in my opinion.
    Is it doomed to be another "7 days" like debacle?

I really want to see a true "Lost" substitute, hope it'll come soon.
  • The main problem I have with this show is the question it tries to ask the viewer in "Can you change the future with prior knowledge of it?". And the reason why I have a problem with it is that the answer is so painfully obvious, YES!

If the whole world sees their own future, it's just ridiculous to think that they wouldn't be able to change it, and you could bring up thousands of examples of why that is the case. It just pains me when the characters can't realize this themselves.

Of course the future seen wouldn't be THAT far from what would happen from a real blackout as described in the show because some things you can't change even if you know it (like cancer and such things), but the suspense that the writers are trying to create just is lost because of this ridiculous notion. I'd would have to see more focus on the cause of the blackout and how people are actually trying to change or keep what they saw. I doubt that most people that saw a future they didn't like would just settle with that "truth" without trying to change it.

The show has certainly promise, and if it can get away from the existential questions and focus more on the science and drama it could excel in the future. Unfortunately I have a sneaking suspicion that it will not get enough time time to turn around the slowly sinking ship that it has become.
  • why do i wanna see a show where i already know whats gonna happen? oh well no wonder ratings are dropping and even the cast is splitting!!!

Various TV-related websites are reporting that a number of Flashforward stars are already signing up to TV Pilots that are currently being developed and which could possibly launch in the autumn as part of the new TV season.

With Flashforward ratings rapidly collapsing, stars are now jumping ship before it sinks, minimizing the little hope that remains for a possible second series of the series that was meant to be the next big thing after Lost.

Christine Woods who plays lesbian-yet-to-become-pregnant FBI agent Janice, has already signed up to star in the NBC sitcom pilot, 'Perfect Couples.' a comedy about three different married couples. The actress has however confirmed that if Flashforward is renewed she will quit the lead role in the new sitcom.

Meanwhile, actor Zachary Knighton who plays the yet-to-fall-in-love ER doc Byce, might never get to meet the love of his life Keiko, after having signed up to the new planned sitcom pilot Happy Endings. The one thing that might change this is that the new sitcom would air on ABC if it gets past the pilot stage and being on the same network as FF, ABC might have a say in this.

Finally, kid actor Ryan Wynott who plays creepy hospitalized Dyaln Simcoe, has been cast to star in the NBC pilot The Cape, a new drama about a wrongly accused police officer who sets out to become a hero, and which NBC is hoping to be the next big project to take up home in its mediocre schedules.

So, with the cast jumping ship - showing little faith in the project, and ratings nosediving fast, the future for FlashForward looks pretty bleak.
    Source: TV Squad, E Online, Vaya Tele
  • Bring it back..how much is 1 more season REALLY gonna set you back, you rich bastards?!

look I just watched the entire series from font to back and it is currently 4:30 in the morning central time...All i can say is WOW! i might just have to pause this reveiw to proccess what i just witnessed..but i can't the show hits on all bases, its not slow at all, it grows is character base to an incredible level and handles each character beautifully, pans all storylines out fantastically, adds double adjents from the white house to the homeless shelter its truly amazing a must watch for all time!! petition it back please!! how much is one more season gonna set the rich bastards back anyway??
  • The Best TV Show that until i saw this is better than lost i,m from iran

Flash Forward Is The BEST
  • Flash forward to September,24. Don't miss it or you'll regret it.

No, I am not a cast member of Lost or in this case ABC's new sci-fi drama Flash Forward.
    But today is September 22 and I want to share my first impressions of the pilot episode, which airs on September, 24.
    Actually ABC officially released the first seventeen minutes of the pilot. Heather's Blog attracted my attention, and I started looking for the whole pilot. When a new show starts, networks sometimes intentionally release pilots to internet and make fans talk about it. I found and watched it. My review will not have too much spoilers.
    A normal day in LA turns into a nightmare for the whole world, as everyone on earth looses consciousness for two minutes and seventeen seconds. After waking up almost everyone seems to remember a time stream six months later from the actual date, what they are doing. Are you going to have the same job, same husband in six months? What if you know the answer already now? Do you think what you seem to remember about future, will also happen?
    If you want to know the answers tune in on ABC September 24th, 8:00 p.m.
    Cast with Dominic Monaghan, Jack Davenport, Zachary Knighton, Joseph Fiennes promises to be the best new fall show.
    Don't forget to watch for the billboards, you'll be surprised.
  • 'figuires....

I HAD written this 200 characters paragraph on my wife & self's being so bummed (pissed off even...) about this series never haven been given a second season (chance) on TV, but, hey, this is exactly why we bailed on giving up our cable & just watching Netflix & DVDs now. I'm sure that even tho thereR very many of like minded fans out there dissappointed, thereR probably more who never got any of this deep stuff due2 their limited mentality/vocabulary/interests. And so on the world goes with more idiotTV programming...to continue2 program all the sheeple in this FUBARed world that we live in...(PS-thanx 2 ALL of the people that made this show SO phenominal!!!)

• Different, but the same.

Flashforward was a very unique premise, it seemed like it would make a good show, but I never could see it being able to turn that premise into a series. And in the end, it was never turned into a series. It had been cancelled after one season, unfortunately. It's too bad that this show was cancelled, it was a good show. It was no Lost, and I think, although it was trying to be "The Next Lost" it wasn't trying to completely copy everything about it (although the similarities between the two were often eerie). The acting in this show was subpar. Joseph Fiennes is a pretty bad actor, but the rest of the cast does good enough to make that acceptable. Overall, this show wasn't terrible, and it's definitely not as bad as some people say. I'd give it watch, just for fun.
  • After watching the early previews, I wasn't impressed at all with this show, and didn't understand all the hype, but after reading Goyer's name on screen like 3 times, I was immediatelly excited, but it seems is tries very hard to be another "Lost".

After watching the early previews and trailer, I have to say, I wasn't impressed at all with this show, and didn't quite understand all the hype, but after reading David S. Goyer's name on screen, in like 3-4 credits, I was immediatelly excited.

I have to say, this show was enjoyable, but that's all, a 6.5 I'd give it, it seem to try very hard to copy 'Lost', instead of it's own thing, that becames very clear in the early scene, mysteries, everything, one Lost is enough, we don't need two, specially, considering the original one, went downhill pretty damn fast.
  • One of the all time best shows ever!

I still keep checking to see if this show might be picked up by another network. My coworkers and I are so disappointed no one thought to pick this up. In our opinion this would be someone elses gain and ABC's major loss!

OK, so this review needs to be 100 words minimum...that's kind of stupid when you can say what you need to say in just a few words but since they insist, I'll just say that ABC made a huge mistake cancelling this show. It was interesting, mysterious, kept your attention and you couldn't wait to see what happened next week. Please consider picking this show up, you won't be sorry!
  • this show is Not the next Lost, it's not gonna be

.. stop comparing guys, Lost is one of it's kind show, but this one is different, FF is a unique show present a unique idea not necessarily a sci-fi i mean it could happen, right? we don't know those genius scientists of ours are doing right now. Ok now for the epi:

the episodes for me has been good, introductions to a brand new show. what do you expect? give it a try at least a season.
    i did try to give up on the show, but every time it was on, i just couldn't but watch. about the characters i really like agent Hawk's one. It's hard for a female to be in a male world already, so how also being gay and above it all she's going to have a kid, let me tell you, I'm a female and i work with the government (not FBI though) and it's really hard that you have always to prove yourself, so presenting her character like that made me really liking the show. and when Wedeck went blackmailing the president 01X06 (older posts said that once he's his friend the 2nd he's blackmailing him) welcome to the politics world dude. overall, the show is good, its definitely not Lost, having Abrams in common don't make them the same!! right? but i still like it and i think there is still a lot we hadn't see...
  • Will FlashForward just be a flash in the pan? That depends on your vision.

ABC's new sci-fi/drama series FlashForward centers around a global event in which humanity inexplicably loses consciousness for a little over 2 minutes. During this blackout a portion of the population have visions of their lives six months into the future. Apparently some didn't experience any visions at all perhaps due to having no future to see. The plot then narrows down further to a group of people in Los Angeles loosely connected to each other via work or family. This is where the plot looses a bit of focus. The drama begins to stretch itself thin as the "What did you see in your vision?" question is asked. Their responses and reactions are extremely unsatisfying. These characters appear to assume that their fates have been sealed by a vision they are powerless to change. On the whole, FastForward has an interesting premise which may eventually lead to discussions regarding predestination and free will. ABC may be touting it as the companion series to Lost yet, as this pilot episode shows, they sorely need J.J. Abrams on their writing staff.
  • Very good but abit too much destruction.

When I first saw the trailer I didnt really think much of it but after seeing the pilot i'll be coming back for more. Sure it had some not so great moments, a little overdramatic acting, but still very good. I did ind the numerous mentions of "God" annoying but thats probably beacause I'm not religious. The other thing i found hard to swallow was the emeance destuction that ensued the blackout. All the car crashes are ofcourse understanable but over 800 plains down in the u.s alone and all the skyscapers being on fire? If im not totally wrong most plains fly on auto pilot or atleast dont need absolute constant pilot attention. And i only saw one helicopter that had crashed into a skyscraper, but why were all the rest burning?
    Any who, a strong pilot and hopefully a strong series. I just hope they dont try too hard and too much.
  • This is great!!! Don't cancel it!!!

This is great!!! Don't cancel it!!! This is great!!! Don't cancel it!!! This is great!!! Don't cancel it!!! This is great!!! Don't cancel it!!! This is great!!! Don't cancel it!!! This is great!!! Don't cancel it!!! This is great!!! Don't cancel it!!! This is great!!! Don't cancel it!!! This is great!!! Don't cancel it!!! This is great!!! Don't cancel it!!! This is great!!! Don't cancel it!!! This is great!!! Don't cancel it!!! This is great!!! Don't cancel it!!! This is great!!! Don't cancel it!!! This is great!!! Don't cancel it!!! This is great!!! Don't cancel it!!! This is great!!! Don't cancel it!!! This is great!!! Don't cancel it!!! This is great!!! Don't cancel it!!! This is great!!! Don't cancel it!!!
  • A private channel must buy the rights to continue this awesome show!

A private channel must buy the rights to continue this awesome show!
    It's a great show with very smart and effective progress which makes it a nice mystery adventure. I wonder WHY it's canceled when other shows which become more and more boring continue to air...
    People like trash tv like Jerry Springer...
    After lost's "chaotic" ending, flash forward was by far the best series on tv. Lets see what the channel will air for replacement for these two shows!
    The show was a bit slow sometimes and you wanted something to happen but the end of flash forward was incredible, it was a season finale to make you want more.
  • not for an end

if it was going to continue in the new season, the end would be perfect but now that the show has ended with that episode, i think it is not that great. we had an open end that makes us curious about what happened next. nothing went right according to the first flashforward so maybe this was a way to say people that nothing can be guessed. even though the end was not clear, the show was the best of it's season on its own category.
    i hope that the producers won't give up and they will keep making shows like this.
  • Oh my god!!!

How can you possibly not like this?
    There is a very very good.
    Best show ever!!! Don't cancel!!!
    Great show, and it gets even better each episode.
    very promising even excellent,
    Easily my favorite Science Fiction show on TV. One of the few that actually seems aimed at adults and not Transformer fans. One event sets into motion a large unfolding mystery, that they better give me closure on, because I am hooked,
    I think they only have very short story line,
    A good series so far,
    Flash Forward is not the jump out of your chair series to be compared with Lost but still has plenty of thrills for the viewers to get excited.

Amazing, i say