FlashForward

ABC (ended 2010)

Gislef

FlashForward Fan Reviews (71)

• The main problem I have with this show is the question it tries to ask the viewer in "Can you change the future with prior knowledge of it?". And the reason why I have a problem with it is that the answer is so painfully obvious, YES!

If the whole world sees their own future, it's just ridiculous to think that they wouldn't be able to change it, and you could bring up thousands of examples of why that is the case. It just pains me when the characters can't realize this themselves.

Of course the future seen wouldn't be THAT far from what would happen from a real blackout as described in the show because some things you can't change even if you know it (like cancer and such things), but the suspense that the writers are trying to create just is lost because of this ridiculous notion. I'd would have to see more focus on the cause of the blackout and how people are actually trying to change or keep what they saw. I doubt that most people that saw a future they didn't like would just settle with that "truth" without trying to change it.

The show has certainly promise, and if it can get away from the existential questions and focus more on the science and drama it could excel in the future. Unfortunately I have a sneaking suspicion that it will not get enough time time to turn around the slowly sinking ship that it has become.