FlashForward

The Garden of Forking Paths

Aired Thursday 8:00 PM Apr 22, 2010 on ABC

7.6
  • AMAZING EPISODE!!

With an episode like this I think FlashForward deserves to be dubbed the companion series to Lost. It was very Lost-esque in it's science-y, make-you-think kind of vibe and it totally worked throughout the episode. For once in my life I'm starting to like Mark Bentford as a main character. I used to think he was going for the action-hero kind of guy with his eyebrows always being raised and his half-sneers, which I completely hated. But he seems to have picked up more of like a Nicolas Cage cookiness in the last few episodes. I don't mean Nicolas Cage - National Treasure, Bankok Dangerous, Knowing ...I mean Nicolas Cage - Bad Lietenant, Leaving Las Vegas, Face-Off ...where he plays a pretty straight-laced role with hints of total insanity. Great job, Fiennes!

Ya, so enough comparisons --but I thought this episode was easily better than most episodes of Lost's final season thus far. I feel like a jerk for bashing this show so much before it took those few months off. It really has taken a turn and become less about that one lame flashforward future (which they had beat to death as a plot device) and switched to all sorts of catastrophes that are in occurence. I'm not sure if they hired new writers, or what but it's working! "The Garden of Forking Paths" was the coolest interlacing, domino chart and I was screaming at the television when the sprinklers destroyed the entire thing. It was a great teaser for what the show has in store for us over the next 6 years...I believe it said THE END was coming in 2016. It almost sounded like that was there way of setting an end date for the show. They will either save the world or it will be destroyed. That would make six seasons, right? Lost? Anyway, GREAT EPISODE! If any of you out there are/were like me and despised this show, I strongly suggest giving it another shot at your heart. It really has become incredible. And, if you're also contemplating watching V again/for the first time, I suggest you paint your bedroom a nice sky blue colour and watch it dry for an hour instead.