Flashpoint

Asking For Flowers

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Jul 31, 2008 on CTV

• Much better than previous two

negotiations rock!
  • New character insight.

I really enjoyed this episode. We got to see background into Wordsworth's character. It was nice that one of the team could see the truth through the sea of lies being spread.

It was a great way to give us insight into Wordsworth's life. I guess he could see the truth because he lived it. I want to hear more about his life with his wife and daughters.

It was beyond me why the abuse victim tried to side with her husband over her sister, who was trying to help her. They were preparing a lethal response for her sister, and she hesitated to tell the truth.
  • good episode...

Again, this was not an original story. I've seen the wife beater and family do - gooder story line several times before. I did like how the tables turned in the boat and how Pete got the gun; that was an unexpected twist. What makes the episode interesting and worth watching are the characters. This was more of a Wordy episode, but Ed also got some characterization. I love learning more about the characters and how they deal with different situations. Overall, the story wasn't very intersting in this episode, but it had some good twists and had great character development.
  • This episode while being the most realistic so far of the series was actually not very exciting for me.

I thought this episode was rather boring. You have an abused wife, the abusive husband, and the wife's sister who decides to take matters into her own hands. I did not care if anyone of the three got killed or not. None of them seemed to be people that I cared about. If they had taken the baby with them on the boat that would have made the episode much better and much more interesting. But they didn't think to go in that direction unfortunately. The other thing I did not like about this episode was that they just so happen to get the abusive husband on tape when he threatens to kill his sister-in-law. It just felt a little too convenient for me.
  • The SRU team is called in when a cops sister-in-law holds him hostage on his boat in order to get him to to agree to move out away from her sister.

Best episode yet. Loved it! It showed the world of a cop who beats his wife and can get away with it because he is a cop who has alot of friends who bail him out because he claims that he wife is crazy. Showed the sister-in-law taking him hostage because she found out what he was doing after they had been married for two years. She takes matter into her own hands because the police look the other way. Great emotion great acting from all of the cast. The side story was great because it showed that the father of a boy will do things differently they the father of a girl when it comes to school issues.(fight) All in all a great episode.
  • The team think their in for a quiet day but it's never a quiet time for the SRU.

The storyline was your basic abusive husband and out for vengeance sister-in-law, problem is the husband is a cop and when he's taken hostage by his sister-in-law it's up to the team to decide who's right and who's wrong.

As others have wrote the storyline has been done before and the problem with this type of show is every episode/storyline shown/discussed will have been viewed in some form in other police enforcement shows/movies however what makes this show a tad different is the emotional problems that surface for the SRU team members, remember these guys though fictional are portraying what real SWAT/Police hostage forces face day in day out.
  • A woman's sister tries to take care of her abusive partner.

6.8
    At the beginning of the show's run on CBS I hypothesized that Enrico Colantoni would not be able to handle a serious role. Wow, was I wrong. Colantoni escapes into the role of Greg Parker and gives a spectacular performance on summer TV's best show. The rest of the cast gels with him perfectly to create a strong ensemble.

This individual episode started off a little weaker than usual. We got a feckless, yet comedic round of banter in the exercise room at the SRU Unit. The show took longer to get into the conflict, and when it did, the response was nothing to write home about. The plot also seemed too complex with intricate details that weren't necessary for this kind of show. All critiques aside, this was still a fun episode. This was the weakest storyline yet it still is better than pretty much everything else currently airing on TV.
  • Tonight's episode started with what the team thought would be a slow night.....

Rebecca was a woman who was attempting to save her younger sister, a woman whose husband repeatedly abused her. Rebecca tried to convince Sadie to report her husband for abuse, but Sadie reminded her that Pete was a cop and whoever she called would most likely know her husband and just tell him instead of reporting it and it would only cause more trouble. She was hesitant to leave him, and Rebecca, desperate to help her sister steals Pete's gun. This was another intense episode as Rebecca was prepared to do whatever it took to get her sister out of the prison of a marriage that she was trapped in. She lures him to his boat where things slowly start to spin out of control. Lane was originally called as a favor, but it was soon apparent that the team would have to be called in. The team had to deal with the difficulties of the location (the marina) not being sure what was going on, conflicting information and not being able to talk with the people involved. The scenes in the boat with Rebecca and Pete, especially toward the end had me screaming at the TV. I also liked how they highlighted another member of the team ("Wordy") and Sam got to do more than argue with Lane. Great episode, can't wait 'til the next one.