Flashpoint Forums

CTV (ended 2012)

5x01 discussion post -spoilers

anngel421

[1]Sep 26, 2012
    • level: 17

This was a sad one wasn't it? gosh. I feel for everyone on this team as they all carry the weight of May's (or is it Meg? ) death. I'm kind of on the fence about liking it or not because on the one hand, some of the reviewers make sense- the team took too long and there had to be another option to bring down the father. On the other, its a really tough call because of the human factor. He still had his gun pointed to the mom and even nonlethal force (rubber bullet or gas) could have set him off. How were they supposed to know she had a gun? and even with her, if they tried rushing her or something, they could have had her shoot her own mother accidentally, she already missed her dad twice and almost hit her own mother. But at the same time, it was just a little too much human error for a tactically trained team. I mean really, how did the dad keep finding them, why wasn't that ever addressed? and on that note, why was the daughter stupid enough to be nice to him and mention her moms boyfriend, knowing the kind of monster he is? arghhhh this episode worked because all the stars aligned in the writers world to make it this emotional.so do i approve of this blatant use of heartstring pulling? i don't know. thats why im online, venting.

here's my question though... is raff really off the team?don't they need a sixth member?

I agree with Ed- they did nothing wrong, the writers did.

either way, what a way to start a final season eh?

that last line with clark "keep the peace dad?" really gutted me.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

mebnobody

[2]Nov 6, 2012
    • level: 1

I have loved this show since I first found it. I always dl multiple episodes and watch after I've backlogged a few. After watching s05e01, I just deleted the rest. I don't blame the actors/characters, I blame the writers. What were they thinking? We watch a series like this because we identify with the characters and empathize with them. The writers removed the ability to do that. I'm with Raff...

BTRAV

[3]Nov 13, 2012
    • level: 27
    People keep coming and going from this show. I wonder what's up with that.

onlyhere4FP

[4]Nov 14, 2012
    • level: 3

Let's face it, the writers just wanted to start off the final season with a bang. Bangs are good, if they make sense. The writers could have covered the stupidities, however, by making the cause/effect make more sense. Like a good novel, if readers/viewers do not understand why a character does something that makes no logical sense, the story suffers. Just add a few quick reasons why. Don't leave the reader/viewer scratching their heads.

The writers could have made it more clear why nothing more was done in the kitchen. I understand a stray bullet shot around all that propane could have caused a problem or two, and it did when the gun was fired, but before that James held the gun down the entire time. And then Mr. Boyfriend had to interfere. I wondered why Greg would emphasize that he was a professional negotiator, when clearly James was not there to have a nice little talk with his ex-wife that simply went bad. Sometimes the police need to be in charge, right? This was one of those times.

Personally, in the kitchen, I would have loved to have seen Ed clear Sam to taze the guy's a$$ when the gun was pointing at the floor. (Timmy's anyone?) A little hard tactical on James's a$$ would have hit the spot. Personally, I would have loved to have seen Jules tackle May from behind before May got off another shot on the roof.

And Raf? What a crybaby. I'm sorry, but I never really did like him, not really sure why. And after the way this ep ended, I was glad to see him go.

Maybe the story would have been stronger if someone would have taken matters into their own hands and purposefully broke protocol, and then had to suffer the consequences? That would have provided a sufficient enough bang to start the final season, wouldn't it?

Ahh ... but maybe that was the writers' intent? To pave the way for later in the season when a team member does break protocol ... and has to pay the consequences??

Hmmmmm ...

Edited on 11/15/2012 12:48pm

onlyhere4FP

[6]Dec 15, 2012
    • level: 3

Guess not. : )