Flashpoint Forums

CTV (ended 2012)

Season 5 - Final Season

NUMB3RSno1freak

[1]May 4, 2012
    • level: 6

I've not been on here in ages, and to bring such sad news with me.

It has been announced that season 5 of Flashpoint is to be its last season.

The writers and production teamhave decided to end the show while it's still on a high.

In case anyone wants other sources to confirm:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/01/flashpoint-cancelled-ion_n_1468488.html

I tried to find the original announcement on the official Facebook page of the shows production team but it was posted a couple of days ago...

Cry

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Ingelief

[2]May 6, 2012
    • level: 7

$%^%$%@#$.....

I love this show! Why cancel with a so called good reason? Quit on a high, bs... Every good show is seems to be ending these days.. and the bad ones stays

tankgirl285

[3]May 6, 2012
    • level: 2

It's a shame to see it end. I have only recently discovered the show (due to it being shown for the first time in the UK). I think we are half way through the 3rd season and it has been shown mon-fri from the start a feew weeks ago. The only way to end it would be for Sam and Jules to get married in the last episode and just leave it from there with life going on but we can't see it. (If you know what I mean). If they got married the team would have to change despite the current permission given situation. I have watched a few of season 4's clips on the internet so i know what is going on.

Peggy_Porcupine

[4]May 8, 2012
    • level: 13

On the good side it looks like they will be able to write/film a decent series finale. Other series that have been cancelled without warning have left the viewers high and dry. But when the program writers (like Mary Tyler Moore, Desperate Housewives, Little House on the Prairie, Remington Steele come to mind) know in advance that the series is ending they can write a decent closing.

~ Peggy from Porcupine

blsrob

[5]May 10, 2012
    • level: 8

Bye bye, u will not be missed!!!!!!!

BTRAV

[6]May 10, 2012
    • level: 27
    I just hope I can watch it online. Does Ion post episodes?

NUMB3RSno1freak

[7]May 11, 2012
    blsrob wrote:

Bye bye, u will not be missed!!!!!!!

Why take time out of your life to come and comment on a discussion about a show you seemingly don't even like..?

Looks like someone needs to find better things to do with their free time...

NUMB3RSno1freak

[8]May 11, 2012
    Peggy_Porcupine wrote:

On the good side it looks like they will be able to write/film a decent series finale. Other series that have been cancelled without warning have left the viewers high and dry. But when the program writers (like Mary Tyler Moore, Desperate Housewives, Little House on the Prairie, Remington Steele come to mind) know in advance that the series is ending they can write a decent closing.

~ Peggy from Porcupine

I agree with you. I actually prefer it when it's a shows decision on on whether or not they continue as then they have the time to plan a proper ending. It has been said by the writers that we will get some amount of closure on all the characters on the show in the finale.

JordanKeal

[9]May 18, 2012
    • level: 1

I totally agree sam and jules need to get married they are perfect for each other! i think that maybe she may get pregnant as well just to complicate things even more! that would be the best way to end the season if we get to watch them get married

Alydarbaby

[10]Aug 21, 2012

Crap. I loved this show. It's difficult to watch in the USA. I'm gonna miss Spike. Does anyone know when the final season will air? I can only watch it on ION now. CBS pulled it.