Flashpoint

Severed Ties

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Aug 06, 2010 on CTV

• Extremely emotional

You do feel for the original mother turned over a new leaf but not able to see her real children again. And the Greg-Ed moments are some of the best male bonding on TV.
  • Powerful

I think this was one of the best episodes in the series. The storyline was very believable and I though the way Greg had to face his own life in dealing with Maggie is a great reflection of how life works. Life isn't compartmentalized; our careers, families, marriages, hobbies, faiths and so forth all impact each other. We are one person, not a collection of fragmented parts.

Jules calling Greg on his lack of compassion at one point no doubt had an impact on him and likely helped him to be able to peacefully diffuse the conflict. It also reminded of Sam of one of the things he really loves about her, which was also nice to see.

These are the kinds of episodes that take a while to digest because they make us think, and that is a good thing.
  • Severed Ties

It has been too long since I have seen new episodes of Flashpoint, and it is great to have one of, if not the very best cop shows back. Tonight's edition of your weekly adrenaline rush featured a woman who was forced to give up her children to foster care and later adoption, trying to get them back. It was every bit as exciting as any episode, and the only flaw I can really find for it is a pretty lame ending with Gregory Parker's monologue not being up to par.

I have to wonder if we will ever see Greg and his son together on the show, or if Flashpoint will be like Cheers, and rarely ever show us anything outside the SRU headquarters and where they go on cases.

Still, this was an action-packed 40+ minutes. Definitely recommend this one.