Flashpoint

The Element of Surprise

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Jul 24, 2008 on CTV

• Another very good episode of a very good show...Am I the only one as of yet who noticed that the drug dealer's Saturday Night Special ?Jury? shotgun bullet shooting pistol had a giant red piece of plastic on the top of the barrel at its end?...

Another very good episode of a very good show. Although I cannot agree with one of the other reviewers that the production quality is top notch...not in this episode at least. Am I the only one as of yet who noticed that the drug dealer's Saturday Night Special ?Jury? shotgun bullet shooting pistol had a giant red piece of plastic on the top of the barrel at its end? (in my experience the mark of a toy gun or a cap gun). Maybe I am wrong and that is how this Saturday Night Special gun was supposed to have been created - by modifying a cap gun to shoot real bullets but I think I am just stretching a little too much on that one. Otherwise loving the show. Love the action. Love the way the personal lives of all the team members are being developed. One thing I personally would have thought the directors or producers should have done is add an extra 10-20 seconds of distance (no dialog) shooting on the end and show the sister breaking down and crying when she hears the news of her brother's death and how he died clean, trying to get her money to pay her back, saving a cop's life, and helping the cops on the outside get in by providing them valuable intelligence.
ION