Flashpoint

Unconditional Love

Aired Tuesday 10:00 PM Jul 16, 2010 on CTV

• Great show....on big error tho...

This was a very good episode. I enjoyed the entire show...except for the glaring mistake ....when they find the trap door in the hotel that goes to the tunnel...the rug and bed are covering the door! How did the kid get down into the tunnel and was able to pull the rug back...let alone the bed. I was really dissapointed in this big error.
    Other then that...loved the show...my favorite character is Ed....and I think that's him singing the song at the finale. I'm so glad CBS is finally airing the rest of the episodes also. Looking foward to the rest of the season!!!

Flashpoint has just been unbelievably good during its run since 2008. I did not expect much when I watched the pilot, but since that night the show has become one of the top five dramas on television: it really is that good. But tonight's season premiere was nothing to write home about. The storyline was interesting, but it was about as predictable as can be. After the viewer got past the twist with the kid being the real bad guy, there was no drama from that point forward; he grabbed a woman, they talked him out of it, fade to black.

Still a fine hour of TV, but below average by this show's standards.
  • Great Show

Despite some goofs that have been eloquently presented in the Trivia section, :) this was a terrific episode. We live in a culture that is very quick in rushing to judgment and here we see how dangerous this can be. Both Jules and Paul's mom saw what they wanted to see in young Paul, and each had only part of the story and of Paul's reality.

After Sgt. Parker asked Jules to be more empathetic with the mom and the team began to dig deeper, a much different story and profile emerged and, armed with a deeper understanding of the boy's truth, Greg was able to diffuse a very dangerous situation by listening and showing true empathy.

For me that is a really beautiful example of what we can all accomplish if we take a bit of time to get to know people and learn about their stories. After all, everyone has a story.