Flight 29 Down

Scratch

Aired Saturday 12:00 AM Mar 18, 2006 on Discovery Channel Kids

• One of the best season finales I've ever seen on tv. It was everything from funny, to intense, sad, and yes, even romantic. *spoilers ahead, but i'm sure everyone's seen this epp already. ;) i just have so much to say about it because i love it so much*

Takes place after Eric reveals that it's Jackson who has a frightening secret in their video diary. So, this was the season finale, and it DEFINITELY didn't disappoint. Right from the beginning, the episode was dramatic. Jackson took a risk and insisted that Lex get the tape for everybody to watch, just so everybody would stop worrying and speculating about it. It was great to see that Melissa was the only one who refused to watch the tape; she even stopped them before they could watch anymore. It showed that she really does care about Jackson and respected his privacy. Everyone, right after watching the tape, was asking 'what do we do?' But Melissa was willing to let him explain. Too bad he left. You could tell from that point on that him leaving would affect Melissa the most. While this episode was totally Jackson-centric, which I can't really complain about because.. well he's JACKSON; who doesn't love him? -- and even focuses on the whole Jackson/Melissa relationship, there were moments where the other castaways shone. First off, Eric. It showed that even though they've been on the island for more than 10 days, you can't trust the boy. It seems that even if you did something to help him, he'd appreciate it for maybe a day or two, then go right back to being a rat. But it also showed how vulnerable he was when he got lost. I honestly pitied the boy. Jackson found him and was convinced by Eric to head back. Then there was Nathan. I was so glad he told off Eric like that. And in the storm, how he took it upon himself to try and get the radio back up, even with dismal results, and him almost getting fried. Even though Daley wanted to go help Nathan and Melissa look for Jackson, she stayed back with Taylor to take care of the stinger or whatever in her foot. She doesn't really like Taylor, but the girl needed help and she was willing to take on the task. She also saved Nathan from getting hurt. Lex FINALLY got a signal -- the boy really is a genius, but it was just bad timing that he missed it. Taylor was freaking out about getting the signal back in the storm, but in the end after finding out Nathan almost got hurt, it was good to see that she had his best interests at heart. Now the good part. lol. Eric finally brings Jackson back to camp.. so he says, but it was Jackson who brought him back. Almost right away, Melissa asked Eric where Jackson was and she ran right out after him. The most intense part, Jackson tells Melissa what happened; the story behind his secret. It was awesome to see another side of Jackson. That maybe he wasn't as tough as he's made out to be. He was vulnerable and emotional in this episode and Johnny Pacar's acting was truly spectacular. Yeah.. I was crying my eyes out at this whole scene. And when Melissa hugged Jackson, and Jackson hugged her back... oh man. Fell to pieces. This one was probably one of my top fave Jackson/Melissa moments for sure. He opened up to her and she was there to comfort him and convince him to stay. These two always seem to save each other's butt, so you could totally tell that maybe they'd have something going on in the future. But back to the hug. Oh the hug. SUCH a good moment -- so much emotion, especially with Jackson at that point. It was like he was clinging to Melissa to be saved or something. The others come out and say their little piece about why Jackson shouldn't leave and they all get out of the storm.
    They wake up to the storm being over, but their camp completely trashed. Now they have to start all over. As if the previous events weren't bad enough.

It sets up so much more drama in later episodes, trying to renew the camp and whatnot, which is GREAT for a season finale. So 10/10, no doubt.
  • The survivors found out about Jackson's secret, and he explained it to Melissa, which was a very emotional moment.

Scratch, the best episode in season 1 of Flight 29 Down.
    It was a really emotional episode, I even stardted crying. I love how Melissa supported Jackson when everyone accused him of being misterious and dangerous. I mean, the secret of Jackson's life was already known! that was the momemt I (and i bet a lot of fans out there) was waiting to happen!! Jackson and Melissa looked soooo cute, and I just couldn't stop my tears coming of my eyes when Jackson told Melissa what happened.. his story was really sad :( Anyway, this was the best episode from season 1 because it let us know how are the survivors trying to live together. I JUST LOVED SCRATCH
  • Why are all series/season finales so emotional!?!

Usually, the series finales are emotional, but this time, a season finale is very emotional too. I could punch Eric after this episode. He jsut had to reveal Jackson's secret about being in the Foster Home and such. He is such and idiot! Then Jackson ran off, and what made the episode more of a painful episode to watch was the storm added to it. At the end, when Jackson actually cries while admitting all of his life to Melissa, and then they hugged. I was taking a swim in my own tears! I was so happy yet so sad! I think you get my point. This episode was awesome. The Nathan/Daley love triangle was also kinda cute in this episode, but seeing Jackson hugging Melissa was the real exciting part of the episode.
  • The group finds out that Lex took the video diaries to protect Jackson's secret. And when Eric reviels the secret, Jackson sets off across the island on his own.

I love this episode! Jackson's secret was unexpected, and it really made me love Jackson even more. He just seems like the most down to earth character, and that's proven in this episode. Plus, this episode is perfect for the Melissa and Jackson fans, like me. This episode also has my favorite scene from any Flight 29 Down episode: The scene where Jackson comes back to camp and he and Melissa are talking. That scene is amazing, and the first time I saw it, it made me cry. Basically, this episode is the best Flight 29 Down episode ever, and if you haven't seen it yet, you need to.
  • Jackson decides to travel across the island alone when a secret about him is revealed; A big storm hits the island and washes their campsite, and plane, out.

This was a very exciting episode. I always wondered when there was going to be a storm hitting the island. I knew it would be sometime. And, I now realize putting it as a season finale makes it more exciting, for some reason. Really, I think, Jackson should be innocent. Just because he was at the crime didn't mean he was the murderer or anything. But I think it was nice, how he told Melissa first. In fact, after I mentioned that, Melissa seems to be the curious one. So I guess it was worth it. When I pressed the 'Info' button and saw the episode title of 'Scratch', I didn't know what that meant until I heard the last word of the season.
    Taylor : "So what do we do now?"
    Jackson : "We start from scratch"
    I think this was a wonderful season finale. Keep up the good work, directors!
  • Wow I luv this episode but its so sad. It really shows a much deeper side of Jackson.

K in case you live under a rock here is what happens:
    The whole group holds a trial about the missing video tapes which it turns out Lex took to cover for Jackson. Eric shows them the tape and while he is Jackson runs away.
    There is a storm that is a storm in progress. Taylor herts her foot and Melissa, Nathan, and Eric go of to look for Jakcson but soon Eric complains about the storm & says he is going back to camp. He gets lost soon Melissa and Nathan must go back too. Jackson finds ERic and this is a quote from the scene.
    Jackson: "You know you'll get fried there."
    Eric: "O thank god ooohhh...I've been looking all.
    Jackson: "Oh really"
    Eric: "Yeah now get your butt back to camp. you do know where it is?"
    Jackson: "Its that way. but I told you I'm not going back."
    Eric: "But you need us."
    Jackson: "I dont need you and you sure dont need me."
    (Jackson starts walking) Eric: "I'm scarred ok? I'm scarred and I'm a jerk. What do you want me to say? I'm sorry I gave out your secret. ok? end of quote
    Jackson and ERic walk back to camp and enter the tent Quote 2
    Lex: "Eric your back."
    Melissa: "But wheres-
    Eric: "Dont worry I found him I brought him back hes right he- where'd he go?"
    (Melissa runs out of the tent)
    Melissa:Jackson wait.
    (She catches up to him)
    Melissa: "What happend back home doesn't matter>"
    (at this point Jackson is nearly in tears)
    Jackson: "YEs it does see whether I like it or not it follows me."
    Jackson: "You wanna know what happend? I went back to my old neiborhood to tell them about this great adveture I was going on, and yeah I was bragging.
    Melissa: "Whats wrong with that?"
    Jackson: "They said I changed that suddenly I was better than them. You know I thought I was talking to people who carred. But one guy stood up for me. one guy. He got shoved and the fight broke out I tried to break it up but someone pulled a knife and he got hert. Now the cops are after me.
    Melissa: "But it wasn't your falt."
    Jackson: "It doesnt matter I was there I wasn't supposed to be and I someone got hert. Where am I suposed to go now?
    (they hug eachother)
    Melissa: "Your already there.Withuot you we'd be lost."
    Nathan: "Its true."
    Lex: "Your our leader you cant resine." end of quote
  • jackson runs away when eric tells everyone his secret. right at the time a storm hits.

this episode was a great way to fininsh with the season. when eric tells the whole group about Jackson secret that makes jackson run away. melissa, nathan and eric try to find him. taylor had somthing caught in her foot and was squirmish when daley pulled it out. a strorm comes and got the radio working lex tried to get contact but almost got shocked. nathan was almost fried if daley didn't save.
    jackson comes back and the group still wants him to lead. the next morning the plane was gone
  • The secret about Jackson was unexpected. Even thouhg from previuos episodes you could tell he had some history about him.

This was one of the best episodes in the series. It was a suspenful week having to wait to hear what the secret was about. After ten days on that island they finally got in contact with another plane and thought they would be rescued right when the storm hit and they needed help the most. The next day when they had found out that they lost the plane and had to start all over was devastating because on the first day they went through so much trouble to save the plane. Like Lex said a pilot would see the plane before it saw them and the radio from the plane would have saved them now there's almost no way for anybody to know that there are people on the island is if someone flies over and they are close enough to see them. I can't wait for the second season to see how they could possibly survive without the plane. It looks like it's going to be exciting!!
  • Eric gives away Jackson's secret that shocks everyone and provokes Jackson to leave the camp. However, the group finds out that a major storm is coming and Melissa, Nathan, and (with some "persuasion") Eric look for Jackson to bring him back to camp.

This episode was the perfect way to end the season, and it was probably one of the sweetest episodes yet. This was Johnny Pacar's episode all the way. In Scratch, viewers see a different side of Jackson that hasn't been seen yet, and Pacar executes the part without underacting or going over the top. Taylor is her usual self, except in one line when she tells Daley and Nathan that she's "just happy [their] safe". Lex doesn't have much to do compared to other episodes. Kristy Wu, Corbin Bleu, and Halle Hirsh are good in this episode as well. The scene with just Jackson and Melissa was really touching. A great season finale and also a great segue into Season 2!!!
  • A terrible storm hits the island, and the whole team has to start from scratch.

I loved this episode! After i saw "Until Proven Guilty", I could not wait for this episdoe to air. I had to wait until the season one marathon to see it. It was so worth the wait! This episode was fablous! I loved how we finally found out Jackson's secret. The secret was no where near what i thought it would be, but the real secret was 10 times better than what I thought it was! It was a great season finale. Now i think that more poeple will tune into the second season after they see this episode. I can't wait to see them start from scratch. I'm so excited!
  • Fabulous acting, as always. And the secret, was juicy and unexpected!

Fabulous acting, as always. And the secret, was juicy and unexpected!
    This really does make for a season finale, and Im definately prepared for when Im stranded on an island.
    All the episodes are always riveting and full of juice.
    Seeing the reaction from the characters are just worth watching. This show is always worth watching and I absolutely love the ever-so-original/creative plots.
    I can\'t wait until the last season. In my head, I imagine that they\'ll be found, and have a party where they see their viode journals (that the made using the video camera) at the party.
    10/10 is the deserved rating for such wonderful actors.
  • Omg, such a great eppy! It shows how they are all finally starting to get along better with eachother (and possibly start relationships!!!)

This was such a great eppy because of all the story lines. Jackson's secret is reviled and he runs away. Nathen,Mellisa,and that other kid (whose name has slipped my mind lol) Go looking for him. Back at camp Daily is with taylor because she got something in her foot. Lex is trying to get the radio to work, and right as daily calls him to help, it starts to work. That kid (ahh his name plz???) Leaves the group and gets lost. just as the storm rolls in. Nathen and Mellisa go back to camp and when they get there, still no jackson or eric (ahh i got it!!! lol) Daily pulls this thing out of Taylors foot, and they all go to check the radio. the entena is messed up and Nathen tells daily to take the others back to camp. Nathen fixes it and while he is talking Daily runs up and pushes him out of the way, saving his life from being eletrocuted. Its a really sweet thing between nathen and daily because they look at eachother like they are in love then are accually not fighting, but praising eachothers work. Meanwhile Jackson finds Eric and takes him back to camp. And thats where Jackson tells Mellisa the story of what happened. The next morning when they wake up, everything is messed up and Eric goes, "Some party" Then lex calls everyone over to see that the plain had been completly destroied

I love this Eppy, it is sad,and cute
  • amzing...best episode yet...definitly a tear jerker

this episode is the best episode yet! it tells us something we\'ve been wanting to know sence the very frist one...it tells us the secreat about jackson!(i personly think he is hot) it tells us that he has had a hard life...was in the wrong place at the wrong time...the cops are after him..over all he sounds like a bad dude..but he isn\'t, he\'s just having troubles...and melissa is the only one who wants to understand him...this is no doubt the best episode yet! it was a GREAT way to end the season! it tells us more than all the other episodes...and it is definatly a tear jerker!
  • I think it was the best episode of season 1.

This episode explains about Jackson\\\'s secret. This is the episode we\\\'ve been waiting for since the plane crashed. Jackson was in his old neighborhood at the wrong time during a fight and now the police are after him....It was weird how they made Jackson seem like a bad guy, but then they had him do nothing wrong.
    At the end of the episode the plane is gone because of the storm and there are only bits and pieces of the plane left. All their stuff is gone and they have to start from scratch.It was the best episode in season 2 as I said before. It\\\'ll be interesting to see how it turns out in season 2.