Flight of the Conchords

Bowie

Aired Sunday 10:30 PM Jul 22, 2007 on HBO

• One of the funniest episodes yet

I really think this was one of the most funny, if not the funniest episode yet. Normally I misunderstand what they're saying, and the jokes don't turn out so great for me, but this episode was continually funny and completely understandable. I like how they bring back things from the beginning of the episode to make it funny again. For example, Bret tries to reason with the card-maker about how the musical cards work, and he asks if it's like a Walkman. The card-maker then says, "NO! It's not like a Walkman!" after a long debate on how it works. Then later in the episode when one of Bret's friends asks how it works, Bret says, "It's pretty much like a Walkman." These subtle things like that really make the show interesting and always amusing. A+
  • Little bit disapointing, not as good as the rest of the episodes.

6.1
    I normally really enjoy the Conchords but this episode didnt really live up to their high standards. It wasnt that funny, the songs didnt really have anything to do with what was going on and they werent that great anyway. I wasnt terrible and i would watch it again but out of the first 12 episodes it would probably be my last choice. I think the show probably needs some more main characters besides Brett, Jemaine, Muray and Mel. I probably wouldnt of had such high expectations for the show if i haddent seen 'Mugged': The greatest ever episode of Flight of the Conchords. Ever since watching that episode the new ones have seemed quite dull.
  • David Bowie

7.3
    I thought this episode was not that funny and was kind of pointless. The David Bowie thing was just weird, but the greeting card scene was pretty funny. I think Dave is a great character and he should be in more episodes because his random humor really makes the show sometimes.