Flight of the Conchords

Drive By

Aired Sunday 10:30 PM Jul 29, 2007 on HBO

• Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I think this episode was one of the best of the series!

Now that all 12 episodes have aired,I can go back and think about which ones I actually liked the most.Drive By has to be on my Top 5 List! The episode not only has three great songs but the dialogue is classic."Albi",though not my favorite song ever is too great."Mutha Uckas" is a delight and "Leggy Blonde" is one of the best! Plus,in this episode,it's really Dave's chance to shine.Before this episode,I didn't consider him too much but he steals the show in "Drive By".His speech on "prejudism" is classic!The exchange below is probably one of my favorite of the season:

Dave: Well, you guys are in America now, and there's a lot of prejudism here. Especially towards people like you. Bret: What do you mean, people like us? Dave: You know, the English and what not, red coats, the oppressors... Jemaine: We're not English. Dave: Be that as it may Jemaine, you're pretty much the most disliked race in this whole country. Jemaine: What about black people? Dave: They don't like you either. Neither do the Chinese, the asians, Polish, Russian, Croasians, even the Indians. Bret: Yeah, but Dave, you're Indian. D'you hate us? Dave: Yeah, sometimes. Jemaine: But you're our best friend. Dave: I know. Seriously.Great.
HBO